im still bitter about 2010 and 2012 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

im still bitter about 2010 and 2012

Our weakness was that if Roe was cold we had no other outside shooters. That team was insane from an athletic standpoint and definitely in my top 10 of bitterness moments with that Elite 8 loss
Wasn't Tony Scott a pretty good outside shooter?

Raf doesn't get hurt in 86
DC hits the free throws
Sherm doesn't get sick
DC doesn't get hurt
Kenny Anderson joins DC, Owens and Stevie...
Anybody but that Kentucky team in '96

Changing my handle to buzzkill.
Z doesn’t go out of the 96 game, we win

2010 team coasts to a title

2012 team coasts to the championship game

what other 1 seeds lost their starting center right before the tournament? and it happens to us twice in 3 years. bullsheeeit.
Almost as bad as Cincinnati losing Kenyon Martin in their conference tournament.

1990 we lose to frickin Minnesota in the sweet 16….awful

1991 team went 26-4 in the regular season….then lost first round of Big East to Villanova and first round of ncaa to Richmond. The post season collapse was epic.

what other 1 seeds lost their starting center right before the tournament? and it happens to us twice in 3 years. bullsheeeit.
The only one I can think of was Cincinnati when they lost Kenyon Martin.

Ok a hypothetical scenario...

Would you swap Warrick 2003 for Triche 1987 for the very last minute of these two games?

Do you think Hak would have blocked Keith Smart's shot but Triche would have let Michael Lee's shot fly (and if so would it have gone in)?

Ok a hypothetical scenario...

Would you swap Warrick 2003 for Triche 1987 for the very last minute of these two games?

Do you think Hak would have blocked Keith Smart's shot but Triche would have let Michael Lee's shot fly (and if so would it have gone in)?

Hmm

Half of KUs team was in foul trouble or fouled out so I make take that trade and roll with the odds on the shot and overtime.

I mean Hak obviously blocks smarts shot.

Listen to that crowd.

The St. John's game at the MSG when Fab came back was one of my favorite games that I've attended. The Garden was sold out and we had 75% of the crowd and we curb stomped SJU. Up 20 late with a fast break dunk that blew the roof off. Their fans were so dejected.
Fun game great great crowd

Did shots w DC after the game at local west

Had better seat than Danny Ainge at that game

For me and it’s because of the timing …95 loss to Arkansas was really tough. We beat them and there was a path to the final four that year. I thought that game was the beginning of end for JAB at Syracuse

The narrative of not winning the big one was starting to become a major thing.

Me too! But that Illinois team was also loaded - Anderson, Battle, Gill, Liberty were all great. We only had Thompson, Coleman, Owens, Douglas, Roe, Johnson.;);) My god, how did we lose with all of those guys?
Was that the game that Douglas had the flu or DC had a sore back.

In 1988, Sherm had the Flu, and we lost to Rhode (F*&^%$#) Island in the 2nd round.

And I shuffled out of the bar we were at in Daytona for Spring Break, and shlepped dejectedly back to the hotel room.

Agree. 2012 was Kentucky's year but 2010 was ours. I am not usually one of those "we would have one" people because so much could happen but that legitimately was not a good Duke team. That was our chance for #2.

2012 was arinzes injury right? 2010? Any of you retired folks mind giving a synopsis of what went down/players on the team(s) to the memory challenged amongst us?

Yeah, Coleman had a bad back and didn't do much. SU outplayed them for about 30 minutes, ultimately just couldn't get stops, but still was within a basket at the end. Then we couldn't get a defensive rebound off a missed free throw.

Agree. 2012 was Kentucky's year but 2010 was ours. I am not usually one of those "we would have one" people because so much could happen but that legitimately was not a good Duke team. That was our chance for #2.

"And Boeheim coached three national championship teams: 1987, 2003 and 2010" would sure sound good.

Syracuse fans overhype Onuaku because it gives us an excuse for bowing out of the tourney. He wasn't that great Rick Jackson was better. His loss didn't help but him not getting injured wasn't some kind of guarantee of a championship.

Fab Melo was much more important to his team and his loss in 2012 had a much bigger impact.

Fun game great great crowd

Did shots w DC after the game at local west

Had better seat than Danny Ainge at that game

One of my friends who I went with was a SJU fan. He was so salty when we were still going wild up 20+ late. I loved it.

Syracuse fans overhype Onuaku because it gives us an excuse for bowing out of the tourney. He wasn't that great Rick Jackson was better. His loss didn't help but him not getting injured wasn't some kind of guarantee of a championship.

Fab Melo was much more important to his team and his loss in 2012 had a much bigger impact.

The 2010 team was a perfect collection of parts that complemented each other. Removing AO from that team was catastrophic.

The 2012 team was able to absorb the loss of Fab to the point where we had a legit shot at making the Final Four without him. We got absolutely hosed by the refs in that game. We would have a real shot at the final four even without Fab if the the officiating was even a little bit more even.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom