im way too confident about thu nite | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

im way too confident about thu nite

seems like a very favorable matchup for us (although mason could be a problem), and we've had mostly easy 1st round games the last 10 years. but still i shouldnt be feeling this confident. whats wrong with me?

I think the pressure for Baylor is they are tasked with defending the B12 in a down year for the conference, while we finished mid pack ACC team, never ranked. They have the weight of a conference, their alums, and I think Scott Drew's coaching acumen on the line. He is another one of the zone only coaches, so he needs to prove his mettle against the HoF master. I'll take JB everytime in such a match up, with over 3 days to prepare, I think he schemes well enough to neutralize their modest strengths. As long as Oshae doesn't disappear, we got this.

I always prefer mid level P5 schools compared to mid majors. It’s easier to get up for Baylor than Belmont.

Middling P5 teams usually don’t run efficient offenses, quality Md majors tend to be much better executioners if a game plan.

Our zone can really mess up a P5 school that has a resume of wins where they “out-athlete” the opponent, rather than out play.

I think the pressure for Baylor is they are tasked with defending the B12 in a down year for the conference
Well that’s a new one. Quite the imagination we got here.

Well that’s a new one. Quite the imagination we got here.

Since Kansas won't this year, who will? I am picking Iowa State to be the last standing B12 team, not sure they get more than 3 wins among them though.

Since Kansas won't this year, who will? I am picking Iowa State to be the last standing B12 team, not sure they get more than 3 wins among them though.
Somehow I don't quite think a team goes into a tournament thinking "we've got to represent for our conference".

Somehow I don't quite think a team goes into a tournament thinking "we've got to represent for our conference".
and yet every team prides themselves on going the furthest from their conference, short of winning it all. This might be the best chance Baylor ever has to advance furthest, considering the season Kansas has had. I think Scott Drew feels plenty of pressure to finally have some tourney success.

and yet every team prides themselves on going the furthest from their conference.
every team just wants to win their next game. the last thing they're thinking about is how they are doing vs their conference peers. this is a made-up storyline that you're trying to push.

Sportsline's Optimal Bracket has us losing, FWIW.
3103478.jpg

Last year the Big 12 got 3 teams not named Kansas to the Sweet 16, and 2 teams not named Kansas to the elite 8.

With Kansas they had 4 teams in the sweet 16, and 3 teams in the elite 8. They were arguably the best conference in the tournament last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom