In case C.J. checks out this board if you return we play in Hawaii next year don't forget that | Syracusefan.com

In case C.J. checks out this board if you return we play in Hawaii next year don't forget that

Alsacs

Living Legend
Just a reminder to C.J. if you come back next year SU is in the EA Sports Invitational and if you return you will get a playing vacation next year. I know its a minor factor, but playing in Maui is an awesome treat for the team next year, and I have already scheduled my Thanksgiving plans to go Hawaii next year.

What other teams are in the tourny?
Arkansas, Baylor, California, Dayton, Gonzaga, Minnesota, Syracuse and host Chaminade
Baylor, Gonzaga, Syracuse will be the top teams there, and I bet Syracuse opens with California in an NCAA rematch game. I doubt JB will want to open against Chaminade.

Well at least there is a chance 3-4 teams being ranked in that tourny. In the Very Early Top 25 on ESPN the other day has SU at #10 and Baylor at #21. I don't see Minny and Gonzaga being to far off from the top 25.

Arkansas, Baylor, California, Dayton, Gonzaga, Minnesota, Syracuse and host Chaminade
Baylor, Gonzaga, Syracuse will be the top teams there, and I bet Syracuse opens with California in an NCAA rematch game. I doubt JB will want to open against Chaminade.
That has to be one of the weaker fields in Maui in a while. But hopefully we get a shot a Gonzaga and/or Baylor.

That has to be one of the weaker fields in Maui in a while. But hopefully we get a shot a Gonzaga and/or Baylor.

Last years featured Marquette, NC, Butler, Miss ST, Texas, Illionois and USC. Oh yeah this year is remarkably weaker than last years field.

Also the '09 tourny featured: Maryland, Cinci, Vandy, Colorodo, 'Zona, 'Zags and Wisconsin. That one wasn't lighting up the charts either.

Last years featured Marquette, NC, Butler, Miss ST, Texas, Illionois and USC. Oh yeah this year is remarkably weaker than last years field.

Also the '09 tourny featured: Maryland, Cinci, Vandy, Colorodo, 'Zona, 'Zags and Wisconsin. That one wasn't lighting up the charts either.
Good point. I always assume Maui is a stacked field, but it happens in November so I never really remember who's in it.

Good point. I always assume Maui is a stacked field, but it happens in November so I never really remember who's in it.

Oh you are half right though. I have looked back at some recent years and they have had some STACKED tourny's.

We need to hold serve and keep our undefeated record going.

so who is going to maui? just got possible ok from wifey(been pondering it for a while) but would be going myself so curious if any other syracusefan.comers

Hopefully we'll be on the other side of the bracket from Gonzaga to set up a TV friendly final. Baylor could be top 25 as well even if Isiah Austin goes pro. I wouldn't be surprised if we play Chaminade in the first round if we are the highest ranking team.

Anybody know how much the tickets for this might end up being?

The Battle 4 Atlantis is going to rival Maui as the top November tournament very soon, if it isn't already doing so. And that's especially hard to do when you consider that ESPN has nothing to do with the Atlantis tournament.

I can tell you what I paid which is a lot, but it was for tickets to each SU game, roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, airport transportation in Hawaii and some other things that was 2,089 dollars.

I wish I could go. It's a funny thing, people spend all that money and time to go to friggin' Maui, and then spend most of their time there in a tiny gym watching college basketball. :)

Surprised they only have Baylor at 21.

Depends if 7'1 Isaiah Austin returns. Hes going to be monster next year if he does. He averaged 13 points 8.3 rebounds and 1.7 blocks as just a freshmen. And they have ricardo gathers and return another 6'9 senior forward who averaged 13 points 8 rebounds and 2 blokcs. Deuce Bello has been a bit of a dissapointment thus far but if austin returns they will be tough.

I wish I could go. It's a funny thing, people spend all that money and time to go to friggin' Maui, and then spend most of their time there in a tiny gym watching college basketball. :)
I understand, but remember the games in Hawaii are 8 hours behind the East Coast, I am going to spend 3 days in Maui and then go onto the main island and spend another 2-3 days so its a week in Hawaii and I am only going to watch the SU games (2-2 1/2 hours of the day) could care about the rest.

Hopefully we'll be on the other side of the bracket from Gonzaga to set up a TV friendly final. Baylor could be top 25 as well even if Isiah Austin goes pro. I wouldn't be surprised if we play Chaminade in the first round if we are the highest ranking team.
I'd assume they put us and Gonzaga on opposite sides.

Cal, SU, Minnesota on one side
Gonzaga, Baylor, Arkansas on the other

Useless trivia: SU and Duke are the only schools who have never lost a game in the Maui tournament.

Is there any way to get tickets to the games without buying the hotel package?

I'll be there. Tickets are a rip off. You buy them separately for each game.

Surprised they only have Baylor at 21.

Depends if 7'1 Isaiah Austin returns. Hes going to be monster next year if he does. He averaged 13 points 8.3 rebounds and 1.7 blocks as just a freshmen. And they have ricardo gathers and return another 6'9 senior forward who averaged 13 points 8 rebounds and 2 blokcs. Deuce Bello has been a bit of a dissapointment thus far but if austin returns they will be tough.
They'll never be tough with Scott Drew as their coach.