In Cuse's offensive system, what would be your favorite 5 man team chemistry? | Syracusefan.com

In Cuse's offensive system, what would be your favorite 5 man team chemistry?

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Mine would be having a backcourt of two isolation scoring point guards with a midrange pullup/floater, who can really drive one on one(like Tyler Ennis or MCW), and score at the rim. One of them tall like MCW for defensive purposes. With two perimeter forwards who you can't leave open from 3 ever like Wes Johnson/Dnic/Donte Greene, with a 7'0 mobile center who can also roll well off the pick and roll and go up for a lob like Fab Melo while crashing the offensive boards. Giving him alittle baby hook in the low post on top of it would also be nice. If we were going to win our next championship I would want it to be with a team like that.
Heck that could look nice on both ends of the floor as well as transition game.

I also have become a fan favorite of isolation ball as time goes on. I would love to see what it would be like for us to have 5 isolation guys on the court together. You don't need set/motion pieces when you have 5 isolation scorers.

Anyway, if you could build a offensive team chemistry for JB, what would it look like, would it be the normal 5 position game or a variation??? What would be their strengths and weaknesses?

MCW
Dion Waiters
Wes Johnson
Hakim Warrick
Rick Jackson

6th man Andy Rautins or Brandon Triche

McNamara
MCW
H Warrick
D Coleman
R Jackson

McNamara, Jackson and Warrick for intangibles Coleman and MCW can score enough

Devendorf
Waiters
Wes Johnson
Donte Greene
Rick Jackson

Team Swag.

I'm confused. You like ISO players more and more and leave off the best ISO player in cuse history and one of the best in bball history?

Sherman Douglas
Andy Rautins
Wes Johnson
Billy Owens
Derrick Coleman

The zone works best with size at all five positions, two forwards with the size and strength to be power forwards, and a shot blocking center. Offensively I like the idea of having one unstoppable iso player, and surrounding him with four guys who are great shooters, making it hard for the defense to double that one unstoppable player. It works best if your iso player is also a great passer.

Here is the team I'd go with:

Autry: 6'4, good handle, good shot
Rautins: 6'5, as good a shooter and defender as SU has ever had
Johnson: 6'8, great size, strength, leaping ability, great rebounder, great spot up shooter
Owens: 6'9. great size, probably the second best rebounder Boeheim has ever had, unstoppable in isolation, and a great passer/point forward.
Coleman: 6'11: the greatest rebounder in SU history and maybe the best college rebounder I have ever seen, a great shot blocker, and too skilled offensively to leave alone under the basket or even in mid range.

Rautins of Waiters?

If Waiters got to play Rautins like minutes, what would his numbers have looked like?

Dion
Rautins
Moten
Owens
Colman

McNamara Wes and Wallace are my 8 man rotation.

Assuming we can't have Carmelo

DC @ 5, Melo, Warrick, Sherm, Jimmy Lee ( I never saw Bing, Kohls or Gabor.
Andy and Arinze for offense off the bench.

Ultimate 2-3 Zone Team

MCW
Waiters
Carmelo
Coleman
Fab

Owens for Carmelo if not allowed. Bench would be Rautins, Wallace, Warrick and Wes

Seikaly
Coleman
Carmelo
Sherm
Bing

Bing and Sherm at the top of the zone would create havoc. I think this group could create offensively.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom