In Dungey I Trust | Syracusefan.com

In Dungey I Trust

texascpa

Living Legend
The kid has IT. He was in command and stellar in the 2nd half. HCSS mentioned coming out of the half that Dungey was not pleased with himself and needed to turn things around. And he surely did that.

- Smart runs, aggressive, yet knew when to slide

- Was robbed of the jumping TD

- The two TD passes were things of beauty. (and if anyone complains that the Estime ball was slightly behind, I will punch you in the nose.)

I'm firmly on the bandwagon. Sign the pledge.

The kid has IT. He was in command and stellar in the 2nd half. HCSS mentioned coming out of the half that Dungey was not pleased with himself and needed to turn things around. And he surely did that.

- The two TD passes were things of beauty. (and if anyone complains that the Estime ball was slightly behind, I will punch you in the nose.)

He's a freshman, his performance is going to be a little manic depressive unfortunately. But with each game he'll continue to build his experience and confidence. Big thing to me is that he has really good poise and he makes good decisions. You can't teach that. And as this game went on, I really was impressed with his feel for the game.

That 2nd TD throw was a thing of beauty. I like what I saw in terms of his ability to read and throw on the move. The O started clicking when he was moving off of broken plays, etcetera.
They should have some more designed rolls out of the pocket for the kid- but overall, he has intanglibles you can't teach.

I was tempted to report this comment for being too right. Lately it has been very offensive to believe this team is offensive, but Dungey takes out the DUNG in this offense.

Looking at the game stats, it looks like he ran the ball nearly as many times as he attempted passes. That's probably not a great formula for success.

Looking at the game stats, it looks like he ran the ball nearly as many times as he attempted passes. That's probably not a great formula for success.

Hey, it was successful today. :)

Hey, it was successful today. :)
And we're all glad it was. Reading the game thread it seemed like things opened up when we put the ball in the air. Plus, got some big plays.

Hopefully that won't be necessary as the offense gains experience.

OttoinGrotto said:

He was pretty good running. Opened up done other things... But I agree. Would rather see more throws.

I think they are holding him back a bit.

He is gamer. He has a poise, a strong accurate arm and escape abilities - case closed.

Crusty said:
Hey, we got our 30 points - that's a start!

We are over 30 so far. And Wake had a top 40 D last year in case you hadn't heard yet.

Hey, we got our 30 points - that's a start!
Yeah. Offense alone is averaging in the 20s.

Debbie downer noise inserted here

But seriously, I was thrilled when I got off my flight to see the win. We needed this one

Athletic with an arm - I cannot believe this kid did not have more options - and he has decent height - kid looks as good or better than McNabb did his first year

Yeah. Offense alone is averaging in the 20s.

Debbie downer noise inserted here

But seriously, I was thrilled when I got off my flight to see the win. We needed this one
You're very much a Debbie Downer. I honestly believe some of you aren't happy if the team is doing well. Just keep emphasizing the negative Every game will have some.

You're very much a Debbie Downer. I hate neatly believe some of you aren't happy if the team is doing well. Just keep emphasizing the negative Every game will have some.
Ok.

The reason they don't have more than a 20's offense is their learning curve. They are starting slowly & picking it up by the 4th quarter. Against LSU that won't work, which is fine for this season, but against most of our competition this year it's a winnable scenario.