In Dungey I Trust | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In Dungey I Trust

A real cool customer.

He's a better athlete than I figured.

He showed me that he has a better arm than I figured. He made some touch throws that T. Hunt might have trouble making.

He plays with a confidence that boarders on arrogance. That became clear as he reached for the apparent TD toward the end of the game.

Still, the defining moment for me was a very subtle one. It was a play in the fourth quarter while the Orangemen were heading east. He caught a bad snap with one hand, to his right - held it there for a split second with one hand - and then calmly proceeded with the play. He made it clear to me at that moment that he was fully in charge out there.

Wow.

Last edited:
Kid has really good feet. Very good at extending plays. Besides the 2 TE's the WR's don't help him out much, but I like what I see with him. Sure he is just a Freshman, but I really think he gives us a better chance to win then Hunt would have .

Agreed. Especially after he gets a few more games in. Never trusted Hunt to make a big throw. Dungy has made some thus far.

Last edited:
The reason they don't have more than a 20's offense is their learning curve. They are starting slowly & picking it up by the 4th quarter. Against LSU that won't work, which is fine for this season, but against most of our competition this year it's a winnable scenario.
I think we're better off not easing in to it. Polar bear cannonball that offense!

OrangePA said:
A real cool customer. He's a better athlete than I figured. He showed me that he has a better arm than I figured. He made some touch throws that T. Hunt might have trouble making. He plays with a confidence that boarders on arrogance. That became clear as he reached for the apparent TD toward the end of the game. Still, the defining moment for me was a very subtle one. It was a play in the fourth quarter while the Orangemen were heading. He caught a bad snap with one hand, to his right - held it there for a split second with one hand - and then calmly proceeded with the play. He made it clear to me at that moment that he was fully in charge out there. Wow.

Ha. I had the exact same felling when handled that snap. His wheels help a lot to. He makes things out of broken plays.

I was thinking the SAME EXACT THING as he scored on that touchdown & then subsequently gestured to the refs in disbelief. Right then I knew this is gonna be GOOD !!!!!

A real cool customer.

He's a better athlete than I figured.

He showed me that he has a better arm than I figured. He made some touch throws that T. Hunt might have trouble making.

He plays with a confidence that boarders on arrogance. That became clear as he reached for the apparent TD toward the end of the game.

Still, the defining moment for me was a very subtle one. It was a play in the fourth quarter while the Orangemen were heading. He caught a bad snap with one hand, to his right - held it there for a split second with one hand - and then calmly proceeded with the play. He made it clear to me at that moment that he was fully in charge out there.

Wow.

When he caught that bad snap with one hand and just held it there as if to say "yeah that was easy" and proceeded to execute the play.
Yeah, that was pretty cool.

In my mind, yea, he is the cool customer, but overall today, Im gonna say that the coaching staff did indeed hold him back in the first half. Seriously, I believe that he LOOKED NIGHT AND DAY BETTER IN THE SECOND HALF.

with that,I AM HOPING THAT THE STAFF REFRAINS FROM HOLDING HIM BACK DURING THE GAME. Kid actually has game and the coaches now need to trust it !!

The kid has IT. He was in command and stellar in the 2nd half. HCSS mentioned coming out of the half that Dungey was not pleased with himself and needed to turn things around. And he surely did that.

- Smart runs, aggressive, yet knew when to slide

- Was robbed of the jumping TD

- The two TD passes were things of beauty. (and if anyone complains that the Estime ball was slightly behind, I will punch you in the nose.)

I'm firmly on the bandwagon. Sign the pledge.
I noticed our "fast" guy being caught from behind on that play. Fortunately he changed course just in time.

ED played so well that no one is talking about the strong play of Steven Clark.

of course Suga Bear is a Jr, but I thought he was the player of the game.

Big difference between Simmons/Thompson, and Welsh/Robinson

I noticed our "fast" guy being caught from behind on that play. Fortunately he changed course just in time.

Lol.. Runs a crossing route or post across most of the field. Breaks a tackle that causes him to almost stop, and still outruns the defenders who were already running full sprint. I'd say he's fast.. I mean he got in the end zone right?

25 caught up to him quick

If dude dove it ain't 6

And that dude was 6'1 190 ... Not 5'9 170

Caught up to him quick ... Reading comprehension sir

25 came from across the field and was out striding him, just ran out of real estate

Point of story is, we need more speed

Caught up to him quick ... Reading comprehension sir

25 came from across the field and was out striding him, just ran out of real estate

Maybe I'm mis-remembering. But I think Estime was running across the field to 25s side. Estime then had to turn it up the from there when 25 was already full sprint.

Edit: either way he scored and idc. He's pretty fast IMO.