In how many stadiums have you attended football games... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

In how many stadiums have you attended football games...

I get the logistical problem, it's just wild that there are two ballparks in NYC and neither one has an outfield view of the best skyline in America.

But I love that I can get cheap tickets down low on Stubhub for Sox-Yanks games now, so to me the new place is a raging success. ;)
Richmond County Bank Ballpark, my friend...incredible view. but yeah, i hear ya.

although i think there are seats at citi with a view, a little one at least.

the day of the game stubhub scam is the best for sure.

I've seen Syracuse play at:

The Dome
The Rent (vs. UCONN, 2011)
Byrd (vs. Maryland, 2013)
Kelly/Shorts (vs. CMU, 2014)
MetLife Stadium (vs. USC, 2012, and vs. PSU, 2013)
New Yankee Stadium (Pinstripe Bowl 2010, 2012)

Other CFB
Villanova Stadium (Villanova vs. Towson, 2012)
Musselman Stadium (3 Gettysburg College games in 2006- Ursinus, Johns Hopkins, and I can't remember the 3rd)

I've been to the Garden twice for Cuse basketball.

I also have CitiField, Shea, New Yankee Stadium, RFK, Rodgers Center (Back when it was SkyDome), and Camden Yards.

Plus, I've been to Vicarage Road (Home of Watford FC) and White Hart Lane (Home of Tottenham Hotspur).

Forgot about the Rent...which is probably for the best

i will use this medium to get on my soapbox and set the record straight on the Yankee Stadiums.

the old one had to go.

no question about it.

listen, i get that the vibe is different with all the bougie fools in the close seats, but if you went to the old stadium...and by went i mean went more than even say 10x a year...you knew it had to go.

the bathrooms were mop closets that overflowed by the 4th inning (which is still 5 innings after they overflowed at Shea, yes the math is correct..get it). the concourse and hallways made the ones at old MSG seem expansive. there wasnt enough food stands and there clearly wasnt enough beer stands. they were lacking the beer stands so bad, they actually had mobile beer stands because they didnt have the infrastructure to have enough food and beer concessions for the crowds they were getting. they kept the kegs literally in mop closets and well...enjoy that 24oz warm beer in may, its only gonna get worse. im not a tall guy, but my knees were right in the back of the head of the guy in front of me, no matter where i sat.

place was horrible, looked awesome on tv and was loud as fluck...but it had to go.

granted if you only went 1x or 2x a year you might not realize how shlitty it was...because lets face it, it was Yankee Stadium, but the new place is soooo much nicer.

I think when that beam fell in the offseason, that sealed it for me.

My last visit to Yankee Stadium, late September that final year, I sat in the top row of the upper deck. It's literally insane that it was designed that way. Not only did you feel like if you leaned forward you would tumble, but if you decided to go to the bathroom, maybe grab a beer and a bite on the way back, you missed about 4 innings. And that had little to do with the lines, but more to do about the adventure you were going on. You needed a sherpa to get back.

In the lower level, the concourse felt like you were in a microwave. Especially if you were over 6 feet tall and have a head the size of a 20 lb turkey.

I loved the old stadium though. If you were like me and only went a couple times per year, you just always got goosebumps. But I love the new stadium too.

I think when that beam fell in the offseason, that sealed it for me.

My last visit to Yankee Stadium, late September that final year, I sat in the top row of the upper deck. It's literally insane that it was designed that way. Not only did you feel like if you leaned forward you would tumble, but if you decided to go to the bathroom, maybe grab a beer and a bite on the way back, you missed about 4 innings. And that had little to do with the lines, but more to do about the adventure you were going on. You needed a sherpa to get back.

In the lower level, the concourse felt like you were in a microwave. Especially if you were over 6 feet tall and have a head the size of a 20 lb turkey.

I loved the old stadium though. If you were like me and only went a couple times per year, you just always got goosebumps. But I love the new stadium too.
that beam freaked me out for a while, especially when the Stadium would start rocking.

for the last game ever at the Stadium i had a bunch of tix, sold all the good ones for a ridiculous sum of $$ and kept 2 of the worst for me and a buddy. we were still in the infield, but in the absolute last row like you speak of, but worse. once we got all the way to the top, we just turned around and sat down...our seats were literally in the aisle. no one was in front of us. if we fell forward the next thing to stop us from rolling was the barrier at the bottom and we invisioned it going like donkey kong as we just bounced down the stairs, hit that wall on a bounce, flipped over it and on down to the field level.

we would be youtube sensations, but not good.

i did manage to bring in a little hammer to chisel off my keepsake of the Stadium. i figured if BillOrange can steal a coat hook during mass with the Pope, i can at least take a little bit of the place i loved and went to so much home with me. i had my Yankee Stadium attendence count somewhere over 400x, a record that i will never top in any Stadium/arena, ever.

and yes, BillOrange stole from Yankee Stadium during a Papal visit, his elevator to hell is, ahem, warm and ready...
:cool: :eek: :D

Archbold
Carrier Dome (of course)
Maryland
Pittsburgh
Boston College
Met Life
Giants Stadium (Meadowlands)
West Point
Air Force Academy (#5 Stanford (with Jim Plunkett) vs #13 AFA. AFA crushed them in 2nd half to win 35-10).
Fiesta Bowl
Akron
North Carolina State
Penn State

Probably more but I'm too old to remember.