In less than 5 years | Syracusefan.com

In less than 5 years

While I'm very happy with the Final Four and rather have one than not, the team last year wasn't very good overall but did show capability at times especially in the high variance single game elimination tournament.

We've been ranked #1 several times within the past 5 years in basketball. I think our football program is definitely going to close the gap with basketball but to say it will be better is a bit extreme.

The football team will be better than the basketball team.

Never thought I'd see the day.

The last season where this happened would've been the 2001-02 school year. The last time period would've been 1996-97 to 1998-99 school years.

If it happens in the next 5 years, then great...because I'm confident we'll remain strong in hoops, and it would simply mean our football program is really thriving if it happens.

The football team will be better than the basketball team.

Never thought I'd see the day.

No worries about breaking the streak. You won't see that day in 5 years or probably 5 more after that and probably...

Not gonna happen.

The last season where this happened would've been the 2001-02 school year. The last time period would've been 1996-97 to 1998-99 school years.

If it happens in the next 5 years, then great...because I'm confident we'll remain strong in hoops, and it would simply mean our football program is really thriving if it happens.

Could be a valid post based on add: Dino , system, and his coaches. Subtract: JB, enter Hop, who I love , and is 100% Cuse, but dont think he will have the in game coaching ability that JB did. The school and dome recruits blue chippers on its own for hoops. Just think the jury is still out on Hop. He is fun to have a beer with but not sure about the rest. Hope I am 100% wrong:)

Could be a valid post based on add: Dino , system, and his coaches. Subtract: JB, enter Hop, who I love , and is 100% Cuse, but dont think he will have the in game coaching ability that JB did. The school and dome recruits blue chippers on its own for hoops. Just think the jury is still out on Hop. He is fun to have a beer with but not sure about the rest. Hope I am 100% wrong:)

Hopkins can clearly recruit though. Getting players is the biggest thing. We know he can do that.

I am skurey. I am all knowing.
I did the whole Omniscient, Omnipotent & Omnipresent schtick for about 5 years on here, about 15 years ago.

While I did retire it, I held on to the rights.

Any rebroadcast, retransmission, reuse or account of this shtick, without the express written consent of KaiserUEO, is prohibited...and punishable by law.

Yeah, the assumption behind this post is Hopkins will fail and Dino will somehow be-able to get us out of 10 year slump. I think Hop will have a little learning curve but I don't think it will take much time.

I did the whole Omniscient, Omnipotent & Omnipresent schtick for about 5 years on here, about 15 years ago.

While I did retire it, I held on to the rights.

Any rebroadcast, retransmission, reuse or account of this shtick, without the express written consent of KaiserUEO, is prohibited...and punishable by law.
It's a little embarrassing to admit to being around long enough to corroborate this story.

Basketball team just came off a final 4, not sure I agree with this.

Its easy to make a final 4 in hoops. We sucked for 4 months and flipped a switch in march. Give me a break.

Its easy to make a final 4 in hoops. We sucked for 4 months and flipped a switch in march. Give me a break.
Might be the single dumbest post in the history of this forum. It's easy to make a final four? You do realize that every year only four teams can make the final four, right? It is ridiculously hard to make a final four.

Might be the single dumbest post in the history of this forum. It's easy to make a final four? You do realize that every year only four teams can make the final four, right? It is ridiculously hard to make a final four.
Think he is intimidating that making the final4 in bb is a hell of alot easier than making the final4 in fb...

Think he is intimidating that making the final4 in bb is a hell of alot easier than making the final4 in fb...
I don't care what he was intimidating, to say that making the final four in hoop is easy is moronic. And by the way, we have been to two final fours in the past 7 years. If we did it in hoop the way they do it in football, we would also have made two final fours in the past 7 years. In 2010 and 2012, we would be final four teams. It works out both ways.

Think about it fellas, 68 teams make the tourney and then its about getting hot and matchups for 3 weeks. Not 5 months.

Think about it fellas, 68 teams make the tourney and then its about getting hot and matchups for 3 weeks. Not 5 months.
yeah and of the 68, only 4 make the final four. To say it is easy, is ridiculous. You have to know that.

That '87 team lost to g-town 3 times.

Yeah and Georgetown still sucks right? You know that's not the point...no one thought we would make the tournament either as expectations were really low after Pearl left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom