In regards to yesterday's article about JB saying... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In regards to yesterday's article about JB saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he isn't physically where he needs to be, then why would he say he only have a week if it's not really is fault and eventually get better?

Why not just sit the guy or play him less until he is 100% then make a determination on his playing time.

None of this makes sense.

Yeah, agreed. Boeheim is a damn fool ...

If he isn't physically where he needs to be, then why would he say he only have a week if it's not really is fault and eventually get better?

Why not just sit the guy or play him less until he is 100% then make a determination on his playing time.

He didn’t say it that way. He didn’t say he only has a week.

Frank "has got this week," how is one interpreting this? According to the article, its implies JB is giving Howard a deadline or ultimatum.

Here are some of JB's quotes from the article: "I told him he's got this week,'' Boeheim said.

"He's not physically where he needs to be as far as his overall conditioning (and) his mental aspect,'' Boeheim said.

"He did get in the lane a couple times,'' Boeheim said. "He's got to do that. He's not shooting it that well from the perimeter. He's got to get in the lane.'' Boeheim also noted that Howard hasn't looked to get out on the fastbreak.

"I think he's playing very, very slow,'' Boeheim said. "We can't play that way. We have to play faster. We have to get the ball up the court quicker. It helps our whole team.''

"I thought Frank turned the corner a little bit,'' Boeheim said. "I thought Frank was looking to go a little bit more. He's got to really get back and get in the lane.''

With JB's remarks, is it outside of the realm that if Frank doesn't improve upon him getting in the lane, etc. that he yanks him out of the starting lineup for Carey, regardless of his senior status? A lot of our starts have been poor, and we can't afford to keep doing this as we face stiffer competition, especially with ACC play just around the corner. JB appears to be more comfortable with giving Carey more PT in lieu of Frank, or at minimal is attempting to light a fire under Howard's butt to get going.

No, I wouldn't see that as a public threat to your senior PG who is coming back from an injury.

I think that is much more of Boeheim Gonna Boeheim: "Frank has a week off to get better before the next game (finals week?), but he obviously has to play better than he has so far."

I certainly do not think he's threatening Frank with losing his starting job if he doesn't play better against Buffalo and whoever the next one is. Boeheim has frozen people out before, but we wouldn't do that to a senior who was working his way back into shape after an injury.

But a month from now, it will be the second week of January, and we will be about 3 games into ACC season. If Frank still isn't getting into the lane, getting to the line, and making some threes, then Carey is going to play more.

Last edited:
I like that Coach is saying that we need to run and play faster. At least I think that’s what he’s saying.

Yes, I certainly think we nearly all agree that this team needs more easy buckets, and we have run well out of the zone for years. I think we also have a set of players this year who would benefit from fewer half court sets.

Our last 3 PGs have been Frank, Silent G and Ennis, none of whom has been a guy to run the break. I can't wait until we get back to that.

Yes, I certainly think we nearly all agree that this team needs more easy buckets, and we have run well out of the zone for years. I think we also have a set of players this year who would benefit from fewer half court sets.

Our last 3 PGs have been Frank, Silent G and Ennis, none of whom has been a guy to run the break. I can't wait until we get back to that.

I thought Silent G did a pretty good job of that at times. He certainly was able to do it more effectively and with more speed than the other two.

I thought Silent G did a pretty good job of that at times. He certainly was able to do it more effectively and with more speed than the other two.

I'll give you (and him) that much. But it didn't come naturally to him, like it does with the best ones.

No, I wouldn't see that as a public threat to your senior PG who is coming back from an injury.

I think that is much more of Boeheim Gonna Boeheim: "Frank has a week off to get better before the next game (finals week?), but he obviously has to play better than he has so far."

I certainly do not think he's threatening Frank with losing his starting job if he doesn't play better against Buffalo and whoever the next one is. Boeheim has frozen people out before, but we wouldn't do that to a senior who was working his way back into shape after an injury.

I wouldn't call it a threat, but more along the lines of JB challenging him. Frank has been cleared physically, and needs to really get passed the mental hipcup of being tentative in driving to the hoop and creating for the offense. JB's quote really speaks loud and clear in my opinion. "I think he's playing very, very slow,'' Boeheim said. "We can't play that way. We have to play faster. We have to get the ball up the court quicker. It helps our whole team.''

He certainly will give Frank the chance and won't "freeze" him out, but I do think his patience may continue to get shorter and shorter with him if he continues his passive play and not driving, etc. In the G'town game he pulled Frank in the first couple-three minutes of the first half because of same. JB wants to win first and foremost, so I don't think he would have any problem substituting Frank out more for Carey if he feels Carey is the better option in the moment carrying out the desired pace, etc., senior or not.

This is Frank’s second injury. He actually tore muscles in his abdomen his sophomore year, which needed surgery. That strikes me as something very painful. It’s got to work on your mind. I hope he can get back to being the player he was last year, which required a lot of mental toughness. Is it a matter of “I’ve done it once; I can do it again!” Or “ “Oh no, three strikes and I’m out!” ?

I know we are all rooting for him.

it sound to me just that since frank has been back they have games. he has this week to work on getting back to the level he needs to get too without all the other stuff. nothing more nothing less

So you actually bought into the idea that this was Boeheim giving Frank an ultimatum via the local press?

Wow!

The unsaid part of this observation by Boeheim, was "If we are going to do well or be as good as we can be this season, Frank is a real key and we need him to get to top level very soon. We cannot wait till Jan 5, the start of the ACC season, for Frank to be in form."

It was an observation by Boeheim about the team and it's likely future, not a threat, not an ultimatum, and not some coded message to the team or Las Vegas or anyone.

Mike Waters was up to something. He ended up changing the headline of the article. Waters was trying to stir the pot. Someone from up top must have set him straight.
Most headlines these days are written with search engine optimization data at hand. As a reporter, Waters wouldn't have that info.

Mike Waters was up to something. He ended up changing the headline of the article. Waters was trying to stir the pot. Someone from up top must have set him straight.
SindHD.png

I'll give you (and him) that much. But it didn't come naturally to him, like it does with the best ones.

I have multiple relatives/friends who work in the newspaper industry and disagree with you.

So you actually bought into the idea that this was Boeheim giving Frank an ultimatum via the local press?

Wow!

Was it via the local press if JB clearly says that he already told Frank that he has a week?

I guess I'm not understanding how it's not an ultimatum, and honestly, if it is, who cares, it happens all the time in sports and it isn't a big deal.

You clearly like to argue just to argue.

Haha. Get real and be honest. You have “said” it in so many ways and so many times. Own it.

I don’t agree with you (generally speaking). Hence, my sarcasm.

I've never "said" that once, your reading comprehension level is clearly between a piece of dung and a carrot.

I haven't once said I don't want him as coach, and I'm sorry that I don't sniff his jockeys every second of the day and don't agree with everything he does, isn't that the nature of sports? You're too busy worshiping him, you wouldn't have a clue if he even did anything wrong.

Was it via the local press if JB clearly says that he already told Frank that he has a week?

I guess I'm not understanding how it's not an ultimatum, and honestly, if it is, who cares, it happens all the time in sports and it isn't a big deal.

You clearly like to argue just to argue.

You must have information I don't have because Im unaware that Boeheim told Howard that or anything like that.

An ultimatum would have some sort of consequence. Such as "If you don't do this, this will happen" What was the consequence that was posted by Boeheim?

You're just throwing crap at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. You misunderstood what JB said, or it was over your head, but you felt compelled to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom