In regards to yesterday's article about JB saying... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

In regards to yesterday's article about JB saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have information I don't have because Im unaware that Boeheim told Howard that or anything like that.

An ultimatum would have some sort of consequence. Such as "If you don't do this, this will happen" What was the consequence that was posted by Boeheim?

You're just throwing crap at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. You misunderstood what JB said, or it was over your head, but you felt compelled to comment.

"I told him he's got this week,'' Boeheim said.

I don't think any more needs to be said about this, go read Bleeding Orange for the 500th time.

I've never "said" that once, your reading comprehension level is clearly between a piece of dung and a carrot.

I haven't once said I don't want him as coach, and I'm sorry that I don't sniff his jockeys every second of the day and don't agree with everything he does, isn't that the nature of sports? You're too busy worshiping him, you wouldn't have a clue if he even did anything wrong.

Your criticism of JB says more about you than it does JB.

He's a big deal and you are not. But the forum lets you pretend for a little while.

I don't think any more needs to be said about this, go read Bleeding Orange for the 500th time.

Where's the consequence? Can't be an ultimatum without one.

You are taking what is probably benign and fairly obvious advice and converting into some sort of threat.

I'm getting the sense that some of these conversations may be stretching the limits of your intellect.

Where's the consequence? Can't be an ultimatum without one.

You are taking what is probably benign and fairly obvious advice and converting into some sort of threat.

I'm getting the sense that some of these conversations may be stretching the limits of your intellect.

No allowance for an implied consequence? Doesn't every basketball player in the world, except maybe LeBron know exactly what the consequence is for not meeting the coaches STATED expectation?

By the way, I'm kind of a big deal.

Your criticism of JB says more about you than it does JB.

He's a big deal and you are not. But the forum lets you pretend for a little while.

Where did I criticize him? lol

No allowance for an implied consequence? Doesn't every basketball player in the world, except maybe LeBron know exactly what the consequence is for not meeting the coaches STATED expectation?

By the way, I'm kind of a big deal.

An implied consequence? It keeps getting better.

sU has two guys that can play PG and one of them is a freshman.

And I don't buy the big deal claim for a nanosecond. It's not possible.

I've never "said" that once, your reading comprehension level is clearly between a piece of dung and a carrot.

I haven't once said I don't want him as coach, and I'm sorry that I don't sniff his jockeys every second of the day and don't agree with everything he does, isn't that the nature of sports? You're too busy worshiping him, you wouldn't have a clue if he even did anything wrong.

I think that my reading comprehension is actually pretty good and that I don't agree with everything JAB does.

And, given that this is your second reply saying mean things to me (apparently the first was deleted), me also thinks the gentleman doth protest too much.

That’s not what he said. Everybody is not quoting jb correctly. It’s in jbs presser after the game. I’ve teice quoted what was said in the presser.

An implied consequence? It keeps getting better.

sU has two guys that can play PG and one of them is a freshman.

And I don't buy the big deal claim for a nanosecond. It's not possible.

Believe what you will.

And we have three guys who can play PG. One hasn't shown to be as effective as the other two, but he is capable. JB likely doesn't think so given his usage. But he has shown he can do it in a pinch.

Just taking the self-styled experts and critics to task.

What compels you to be JB's protector on this forum? Just curious what your motivation is. And please don't say it's to correct things stated in the wrong. You only seem interested in correcting anti-JB sentiment.

That’s not what he said. Everybody is not quoting jb correctly. It’s in jbs presser after the game. I’ve teice quoted what was said in the presser.

I often think that quotes can come across differently in print than how they sound in a press conference, or how they sound with additional context of what else was said.

Happens often when people attribute "tone" to a quote. Some of the most seemingly salacious, scathing quotes I've seen from JB don't sound all that pointed when you hear them in the press conference.

I do admit that JB is often sardonic, which is why some might be pre-disposed to interpret what he says that way.

I often think that quotes can come across differently in print than how they sound in a press conference, or how they sound with additional context of what else was said.

Happens often when people attribute "tone" to a quote. Some of the most seemingly salacious, scathing quotes I've seen from JB don't sound all that pointed when you hear them in the press conference.

I do admit that JB is often sardonic, which is why some might be pre-disposed to interpret what he says that way.

This time though, it’s not how it comes across necessarily, it’s that a few posters and that article are leaving out the second half of the sentence.

What compels you to be JB's protector on this forum? Just curious what your motivation is. And please don't say it's to correct things stated in the wrong. You only seem interested in correcting anti-JB sentiment.

I'm an actual Syracuse fan.

I think Boeheim is an outstanding coach that has arrived at a point in his career where he can be dispense with "coach speak" and speak forthrightly.

I apparently handle disappointment and frustration better than many who can't wait to vent their spleen on here after any loss or setback. They attack everyone and everything on here except Otto. A little push back seems warranted to me. (I've noticed they really don't like it, but that certainly doesn't bother me.)

I'm an actual Syracuse fan.

I think Boeheim is an outstanding coach that has arrived at a point in his career where he can be dispense with "coach speak" and speak forthrightly.

I apparently handle disappointment and frustration better than many who can't wait to vent their spleen on here after any loss or setback. They attack everyone and everything on here except Otto. A little push back seems warranted to me. (I've noticed they really don't like it, but that certainly doesn't bother me.)

So I'm guessing that your belief is that those who make complaints about JB then aren't actually fans. Despite the many hours and posts we log on this site. Interesting.

Last edited:
winner: worst thread of the year

1456664410-Razzie-Awards-logo.jpg

So I'm guessing that your belief is that those who make complaints about JB then aren't actually fans. Despite the many hours and posts we log on this site. Interesting.

There are posters on this board that literally think they could take the same resources JB has and recruit better, develop talent better, have a better interpersonal approach to players & media, design & coach an offense and/or defense that leads to better team success. Quick reminder that JB has over 1000 wins!!!!! It’s fine to critique, but it’s another to relentlessly bash.

Does that make them “not actual fans?” Perhaps not, but it does make them delusional.

And year after year it’s the same posters and year after year JB makes them look silly. And it’s setting up that way again this season.

This time though, it’s not how it comes across necessarily, it’s that a few posters and that article are leaving out the second half of the sentence.

I posted quotes directly from the article by Waters, there was no second half of the sentence in print left out. At the time of my posting, I did not see the footage.

The purpose of my OP was to have a good 'ol spirited conversation and dialog about same and what it 'might' imply. There were no statements made in the absolute, or as a matter of fact, just simply asking one's interpretation/opinion, and prefaced it that way.

The shade being thrown here by some, especially when one comes from a different vantage point, is becoming typical and customary, unfortunately, I guess it's simply the standard here now.

I posted quotes directly from the article by Waters, there was no second half of the sentence in print left out. At the time of my posting, I did not see the footage.

The purpose of my OP was to have a good 'ol spirited conversation and dialog about same and what it 'might' imply. There were no statements made in the absolute, or as a matter of fact, just simply asking one's interpretation/opinion, and prefaced it that way.

The shade being thrown here by some, especially when one comes from a different vantage point, is becoming typical and customary, unfortunately, I guess it's simply the standard here now.

And after it being posted that that was not the quote, you kept right on rolling.

And after it being posted that that was not the quote, you kept right on rolling.

What is the "it" you're referring to? The footage of JB's remarks? If it was posted in this thread, I missed it somehow.

What about these quotes, did he not say this? "I think he's playing very, very slow,'' Boeheim said. "We can't play that way. We have to play faster. We have to get the ball up the court quicker. It helps our whole team.'' Those quotes are pretty self explanatory and straight forward. Although, JB really is the only one that truly knows definitively what precisely that implies moving forward.

If JB "gives Frank this week" to get over his physical/mental hurdles, and Frank still is incapable of getting beyond it, you don't think JB wouldn't think twice about yanking Frank out to push the pace with Carey, now that someone willing, ready and able is available in the wings? JB did not have that option at all last year, so he's clearly in a much better position to let Frank sit if need be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors