Incoming Freshmen React To Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Incoming Freshmen React To Uniforms

Like I said in the other thread, the white uniforms are fly as hell and the recruits seem to agree.

I just want Orange.

The only issue I have with them is the long numbers and the 44 degree stripes. But I think those will fade in time as I get used to the look.

The helmets are fly.

Count me as one who likes them...the gray ones in particular.

Last edited:
It was a huge change so the reaction was going to be pretty negative at first from diehards... give it a couple days and I think opinions will become more and more positive. Or at least a couple games. Some wins with them wouldn't hurt too much either. ;)

Phew, now I don't have to dump my Nike stock -- from the reactions on this board I was worried that a company that earned $25B least fiscal year didn't know what it was doing.
every company needs a write off with failed divisions to make the # look good.

KaiserUEO said:
every company needs a write off with failed divisions to make the # look good.

You're right -- Nike is on the brink.

Last edited:
A false positive. Why do people always ask "do you like these"? Why don't ask "which do you like better, these or these?"

There's not one recruit that's going to give a negative reply if they have any interest in the school. Since they are different, of course they all going to like the flash. But maybe, they would like something else even better, like some ideas that have been mentioned in these threads...like more orange.

Some act like these are the best possible uni's because kids say they like them. That doesn't mean they are the best we can do.

The players like them and i think they look sharp. Great move by the university.

The only thing I don't like is lack of trim around the # on the blue uni. It actually looks pretty cool up close but from a distance reminds of the mess of a uniform we had under GRob. Other than that I really liek them. Will look good up close on TV. Love the white helmet but as someone else said I think the Orange helmet with the white uni may end up my favorite. Most importantly the kids like them. My 16 year old loves them and believe it or not he represents the audience SU is now recruiting.