Inexcusable Gait... | Syracusefan.com

Inexcusable Gait...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Absolutely inexcusable. You had 1 1/2 months to figure out what to do about Maryland's draw controls and you put Kempney out there? What? She is 5' 2" . She got eaten alive by Maryland on draw controls the last two times you played Maryland. How about giving back some of your $300K? Just BS.

Absolutely inexcusable. You had 1 1/2 months to figure out what to do about Maryland's draw controls and you put Kempney out there? What? She is 5' 2" . She got eaten alive by Maryland on draw controls the last two times you played Maryland. How about giving back some of your $300K? Just BS.

You mean 700k ;)

It's like paying a lot of money for a coach of a perennial runner up in field hockey or women's soccer.

OrangeXtreme said:
A school best 21-3 record. Two NC games in the last 3 seasons. Clearly Gait is totally clueless out there. ;)

He's done a great job of jump starting the program. Now he needs to figure out how to beat Maryland. You don't get a lot of recognition for finishing second in women's lacrosse.

I guess people will be happier when the next coach has SU women's lax back to barely making the playoffs. We could be like the women's hoops team. That said, we definitely needed more of #8 on the draw. Our defensive slides were all out of whack early as well. #5/#6 was constantly out of position. If the first draw went our way, who knows what could have happened?

We needed to be the aggressors early, but ... we didn't even touch the ball early.

I was at the game last night. - Maryland is just the better program at this point. They have a lot more speed at just about every position and it showed in the ground ball battle.

I am assuming you are being sarcastic, and/or parodying the people who want Desko out.

I'm glad Gait get's a pass on the womans Game but Desko is clueless Is Gait the Norm Levy of Woman's Lax.

Curse of the blue uniforms again. Those socks/cleats were awesome, but too much blue.

I'd actually be ok with paying 200k for a w.lax coach who made the NCAA's consistently and taking the other 500k to keep guys like Hopkins or McDonald happy. For the $ Gait is getting, he's got to start delivering titles.

Agree on the blue uniforms. Disagree on Gait being on the clock.

I'm glad Gait get's a pass on the womans Game but Desko is clueless Is Gait the Norm Levy of Woman's Lax.
Were you thinking of Marv Levy of the Buffalo Bills or Norm from Cheers?

Sounds like Syracuse has a faceoff issue regardless of the gender. Didnt watch the game (hate to say it but I find women's lacrosse unwatchable) but surprised Gait didnt try something different at the draw. At least Desko tried his other options before going back to Daddio.

SU...very good offensive team. Defense not so much. Had no clue on D yesterday. Gait never made any in game adjustments.

I was at the game last night. - Maryland is just the better program at this point. They have a lot more speed at just about every position and it showed in the ground ball battle.
My impression from watching on the tube, also.

Sounds like Syracuse has a faceoff issue regardless of the gender. Didnt watch the game (hate to say it but I find women's lacrosse unwatchable) but surprised Gait didnt try something different at the draw. At least Desko tried his other options before going back to Daddio.

My dad is the same way. He watched last year and was bored to death and didn't watch last night. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as the men either. It's definitely a different game.

The defense being used was so obviously ineffective even the broadcasters weighed in on its being used. Faceoffs clearly are the key to winning a lacrosse game , I think Gait's vision of lacrosse plays better to the men's team rather than the women's game in some respects. I would love to switch Gsit and Dwesko's responsibilities gender wise.

MD was definitely more up for the start of the game. The home crowd gave them a little more pep in their step. That said, they were still faster than us at just about every position. Our women were left chasing air...

My impression from watching on the tube, also.

Guess it's a good thing that SU is taking over the weight room for the new WLax locker room. They can get a lot faster by having a bigger player's lounge.

Maryland beat SU three times, they were the better team. Way too simplistic to put it on the coaching. Maryland seemed quicker and dominated the face offs. i thought Su did a good job making it a 3 goal game. It could easily have gotten away from them but they hung tough.

The game is in desperate need of a shot clock, when you are so limited with what you can do defensively it almost leaves you well, defenseless unless the goal makes a stop or the o turns it over.

Either that or give the d a little more freedom.

I still think it's a great game but it needs change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom