Injury Report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Injury Report

Isn't "questionable" basically Arinze after the BE Tournament? All our eggs in the Dungey basket could bite us again? This is almost too much to take...

Next season should be a 60/40 split for qb playing time with Dungey/DeVito...
Dungey is going to be preseason all -ACC and a fringe Heisman candidate next year. He's not splitting snaps.

Next season should be a 60/40 split for qb playing time with Dungey/DeVito...

Has any team in the history of sports sat their 2nd or 3rd best QB in the last 20 years because they're afraid he might get injured?

why do you say that? 35 points is more than we needed in every game this season but LSU (Who scored exactly 35). Are you saying Wake is the best offense we will have faced this far?

I can see this game being played in the 30s. Wolford is very accurate and doesn’t take a deep drop, so it’s hard to get pressure.

We usually coverage short pretty well it's the big plays that get our defense

the only reason the scored last year was the QB draws.. hopefully we learned a bit from that

Looking at WF injuries:

Dortsch appears to be their best WR judging from stats. He accounts for 30% of their receptions and almost half of their passing TDs and he didn't even play against ND. He's out for the season.

Carney at RB is out, Byrd at RB is questionable. These two are 30% of their rushing attempts. Wofford is 23% of their running game and most of their rushing TDs.

If Dungey is healthy I like our chances here. Even if he's not I still think we can get this one done.

A key to this game is the status of Jessie Bates, a SO S for Wake. He is their best denfensive player and without him, their defense is much much worse.

Last I heard, he was not expected to play.

They love to play 8 or 9 in the box to take away the run and rely on their CBs playing man coverage. There will be opportunities for big plays today. Hope our QB throws the long ball well...

Last edited:
A key to this game is the status of Jessie Bates, a SO S for Wke. He is their best denfensive player and without him, their defense is much much worse.

They love to play 8 or 9 in the box to take away the run and rely on their CBs playing man coverage. There will be opportunities for big plays today. Hope our QB throws the long ball well...
I think ED plays. The fact that he played the entire second half against FSU and Dino actually called a slew of designed runs for him leads me to believe he is ok. I would think that he was scanned at FSU so i doubt there was a fracture.

A key to this game is the status of Jessie Bates, a SO S for Wke. He is their best denfensive player and without him, their defense is much much worse.

I mentioned Bates in a different thread. He's definitely their best defensive back and the clue that holds the defense together. From what I've read, he won't play today.

On the offensive side of the ball WF lost their best WR and home run threat when Dortch went down for the season. Their ROP option still scares because of safety depth. IMO, we will have to stop this play to win.

I think ED plays. The fact that he played the entire second half against FSU and Dino actually called a slew of designed runs for him leads me to believe he is ok. I would think that he was scanned at FSU so i doubt there was a fracture.
I am getting to that age to when ever I see "ED" I am thinking something else.

They love to play 8 or 9 in the box to take away the run and rely on their CBs playing man coverage. ..

So you’re saying there’s going to be a lot of PI calls or non-PI calls and we’ll be left pulling our hair out

How many will Ish get against him while they grab, pull, hold and tug him all game

Dungey was in a boot last night. Take that however you will.

wake has created a ton of big plays the last several games, that leads to scores. we have been much more methodical

Playing the entire 2nd half last week (with medical clearance) could have made his sprain worse (assuming he has a sprained ankle/foot).

care taker (TD's dad) said earlier in the week that he knew some "stuff" but wouldn't say anything more. My sense is that "stuff" has to do with ED's not being able to play. We will see.

Dungey was in a boot last night. Take that however you will.

Ppl said coleman was in a boot a couple weeks ago before he played too. Could be trying to maximize the recovery by stabalizing the injury.

Last edited:
No matter what we know he’s hurt and banged up. Whomever is the backup better be ready.

The backup is Mahoney.

He’s the backup but not the 2nd best qb on roster.

Gamble if they let a 4-8 season develop bc of an absurd red shirt. Need wins if ED is out