"Inside Syracuse Basketball" - Focus w/ Fran Healy 30 min. show (from fall 2018) | Syracusefan.com

"Inside Syracuse Basketball" - Focus w/ Fran Healy 30 min. show (from fall 2018)

Cuse23

Walk On
(Did a search to see if this had previously been posted, didn't see it, but if so I'm obviously very late to the game)
I just stumbled upon a 30 min. show that aired in the fall on MSG Network in the northeast, "Focused w/ Fran Healy: Inside Syracuse Basketball." Currently available on-demand on the MSG Go app and MSGGo.com, if you have the channel with your cable subscription and sign-in. I haven't watched it yet, but thought others may have very well missed it too and might be interested.

Mr. Malaprop himself...I honestly had no idea he was still working.

Fran butchered so many innings of baseball for me in the mid-'90s, yet I miss him.

Ughh Fran was in the Sportschannel days in early and mid 90s with Tim McCarver and Ralph Kiner if I remember correctly? Kiner was incredible where McCarver got a bit annoying with his know it all attitude. And then I believe Healy spent a couple seasons with the great Howie Rose and Gray Thorne ( who still does Orioles games on MASN and I will occasionally turn them on just to hear Thorne's voice). Poor Howie and Gary as Healy was all around terrible.

The Mets had some very solid tv booths and may have the best in the business right now with Cohen/Keith/Darling.

I remember Kevin Burkhardt as the Mets on field reporter and remember thinking he just had it and would be a star one day. Looks like he is doing pretty good calling national games on FOX for MLB and NFL.

Ughh Fran was in the Sportschannel days in early and mid 90s with Tim McCarver and Ralph Kiner if I remember correctly? Kiner was incredible where McCarver got a bit annoying with his know it all attitude. And then I believe Healy spent a couple seasons with the great Howie Rose and Gray Thorne ( who still does Orioles games on MASN and I will occasionally turn them on just to hear Thorne's voice). Poor Howie and Gary as Healy was all around terrible.

The Mets had some very solid tv booths and may have the best in the business right now with Cohen/Keith/Darling.

I remember Kevin Burkhardt as the Mets on field reporter and remember thinking he just had it and would be a star one day. Looks like he is doing pretty good calling national games on FOX for MLB and NFL.

Couldn't agree more, across the board.

So with nothing else to add, I'll just reminisce about the time Ralph said "on this Fathers Day, happy birthday to all the dads out there!"

Miss that guy.

So with nothing else to add, I'll just reminisce about the time Ralph said "on this Fathers Day, happy birthday to all the dads out there!"

Miss that guy.

I always thought that after Mike Emerick, Gary Thorne was the second-best hockey play by play man. When ESPN had the NHL back in the day, Gary was one of their top pbp guys. It's a shame he doesn't do hockey anymore. He is good on MASN on Orioles. When he did SU football games while at ESPN, Gary always told viewers he was Dick Macpherson's neighbor on Prescott St. in Old Orchard Beach, ME when they both lived there.

The Mets haven't always been great on the field but they have had a strong line of very good broadcasters over the years. That is one area where they have outclassed the Yankees consistently.

I always thought that after Mike Emerick, Gary Thorne was the second-best hockey play by play man. When ESPN had the NHL back in the day, Gary was one of their top pbp guys. It's a shame he doesn't do hockey anymore. He is good on MASN on Orioles. When he did SU football games while at ESPN, Gary always told viewers he was Dick Macpherson's neighbor on Prescott St. in Old Orchard Beach, ME when they both lived there.
Couldn't agree more. Thorne was awesome calling hockey games on ESPN. I can still hear the ESPN NHL theme song they use to play at the opening of the telecast. Thorne is versatile and can call most sports (Mike Tirico'esque).

Couldn't agree more. Thorne was awesome calling hockey games on ESPN. I can still hear the ESPN NHL theme song they use to play at the opening of the telecast. Thorne is versatile and can call most sports (Mike Tirico'esque).

And they're such different sports to call. Thorne was (is) very talented. If I remember correctly, he had some problems with names and that's why he's bounced around. In terms of technical skill, though, he's one of the best. With a voice to match. (If I read the words "Benny Agbayani," I can't help but read them in Thorne's voice.)

Miss that guy.

Reading Ralph quotes on the internet is a great way to laugh after a bad day

The Mets haven't always been great on the field but they have had a strong line of very good broadcasters over the years. That is one area where they have outclassed the Yankees consistently.

Says the Mets fan.

I can remember Fran Healy doing Yankees games with Scooter, Bill White and Frank Messer. Healy may have been exclusively on the radio side. The other guys would rotate between the booths until Rizzuto would make his late inning dash for the bridge.

During the strike (1981) they came to Syracuse and broadcast a Chiefs game, presumably against Columbus. I remember waiting outside the gate to get Scooter and White's autographs after the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom