Interesting flight home yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Interesting flight home yesterday

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Boarding the plane from Vegas to Jfk yesterday, Coach Hop sat right next to me. Wanted to say something but I barely could put together a sentence after this weekend. (15 person bachelor party) I dont think anybody talked on that flight to be honest lol, Vegas will do that to ya I guess. Then I passed by Boeheim while walking to get my luggage and wished em good luck this year. Nice to see the coaches out n about, lotta talent out in Vegas this weekend.

Not gonna lie, I just saw the thread title from the main page and without looking, automatically thought it would be a CTO post.

Same here. Expected a row of CTO, Bobby Cannavale, and Christy Walton, with Conrad Black on the other side of the aisle.

Boarding the plane from Vegas to Jfk yesterday, Coach Hop sat right next to me. Wanted to say something but I barely could put together a sentence after this weekend. (15 person bachelor party) I dont think anybody talked on that flight to be honest lol, Vegas will do that to ya I guess. Then I passed by Boeheim while walking to get my luggage and wished em good luck this year. Nice to see the coaches out n about, lotta talent out in Vegas this weekend.
You couldn't find anything to say to Hop. Not ANYTHING?

Okay, I'm not one to talk. A couple weeks ago I was out walking and passed by Andy Rautins' house. I saw two young men sitting on his front porch and guessed that one of them was probably Andy. As I got closer, I saw that the other one was Eric Devendorf. So, I had a few seconds to think of a greeting, to say something friendly or cleverish.

What did I do? (squirm) I stopped dead in my tracks, put my hands on my hips, and said, "Well, hello, boys!" They both waved at me, clearly wondering, "Who the hell is that nutcase?" I continued to walk up the hill, cursing my inept brain, and wondering WHY I couldn't have come up with something better and more original, like "Go SU!"

I am 65. It was humiliating.

Okay, I'm not one to talk. A couple weeks ago I was out walking and passed by Andy Rautins' house. I saw two young men sitting on his front porch and guessed that one of them was probably Andy. As I got closer, I saw that the other one was Eric Devendorf. So, I had a few seconds to think of a greeting, to say something friendly or cleverish.

What did I do? (squirm) I stopped dead in my tracks, put my hands on my hips, and said, "Well, hello, boys!" They both waved at me, clearly wondering, "Who the hell is that nutcase?" I continued to walk up the hill, cursing my inept brain, and wondering WHY I couldn't have come up with something better and more original, like "Go SU!"

Hello boys. Well done.

Its not degrading IMO. I found it funny and likable. I'm glad you shared.
Considering his age (not saying he is old), I picture it being a grandfatherly "Well, hello boys." Any younger than 50 and I picture a "Weeellllll, heeellllloooo boooyzzzz."

As long as you didn't sound like this, I'm sure you were fine.

I was in the Seattle airport, early morning, a little hung over. See a guy in cuse gear. got excited, Approached him, and the only thing I could get out was "Nice S ya got there" Sounded like I said nice a$$... ughh

I was in the Seattle airport, early morning, a little hung over. See a guy in cuse gear. got excited, Approached him, and the only thing I could get out was "Nice S ya got there" Sounded like I said nice a$$... ughh

I'm totally going to have to start using that line on the ladies!

Or on a t-shirt
upload_2015-7-29_17-14-54.png