Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

jekelish

Living Legend
Per SI. They list Frost and Babers, among others. They keep saying Moglia, despite the fact that he's really not anywhere near the mix. It's baffling until you realize SI just did a profile on the dude so they're just trying to keep pimping him.

Also: Coyle is not using a search firm.

But they predict Frost.

jekelish said:
Per SI. They list Frost and Babers, among others. They keep saying Moglia, despite the fact that he's really not anywhere near the mix. It's baffling until you realize SI just did a profile on the dude so they're just trying to keep pimping him. Also: Coyle is not using a search firm. But they predict Frost. 670631914622033920

Babers +1

I'm a little concerned about how our roster would perform in a spread offense, but hey Coyle's the smart guy

I think Frost will create more excitement with recruits and the fanbase. Babers is an experienced HC. I will be happy if we get either one. I think Moglia is the Don and SI is Johnny Fontaine. They must owe him a favor

Who you go out to interview is one thing... who you bring on site is another.

Do we know who is on the way yet? Sounds like from another post we are expecting to do some interviews this weekend.

Very glad to see Babers is on the list ... I think he can do great things on the hill. Not saying Frost couldn't but he's still my #1.

Who you go out to interview is one thing... who you bring on site is another.

Seems like we might have to wait until at least next Sunday if a prospect is planning for a championship game.

love that we are being aggressive in the process and is going hard for whomever it is we want.

I think Babers or frost and...

upload_2015-11-28_13-59-6.jpeg

Gotta love Thamel's extra dig at Cuse

Prediction: Scott Frost (If he'll take it)

Not one other comment like that made in the entire article.
That guy literally digs cuse every time he can. It doesn't make sense. What's his deal

If Babers is high on the list you've got to think Campbell and Fleck also are right?

Why is such a shock that SU would talk to Moglia? He's got some very innovative ideas and it seems like Syverud and Coyle would at least pick his brain, even if he's not on their short list.

I'm encouraged to see a variety of coaches because that to me shows that SU isn't limiting themselves.

I think most of the posters enamored with "young Turks" with not enough experience are forgetting the job description of a head coach. Simply put, a head coach is someone that is basically an administrator. I sometimes think of Tommy Prothro, who would arrive at a UCLA game wearing a suit and carrying a brief case as an example of clothing fitting the position.

A head coach requires leadership skills, organizational skills, evaluative skills, and a demonstrated ability to put together the essential parts of a football program. These are the chief functions. Arguably, the most important decisions a head coach makes is choosing an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, and if appropriate, an associate head coach. You guys are really talking about hiring an offensive coordinator for a head coach position who is not adequately prepared and learns on the fly. Some guys can do that but I think they are the exception and not the rule. There's no substitute for experience and we need an experienced head coach who will likely stay for a while. Coach Mac comes to mind as an excellent prototype. Of those mentioned, Ed Orgeron stands out. He has past warts that can cloud your perceptions of him, but keep in mind that many learn from their mistakes.