Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

Gotta love Thamel's extra dig at Cuse

Prediction: Scott Frost (If he'll take it)

Not one other comment like that made in the entire article.

Wasn't he predicting Schiano about 72 hours ago?
What a jacka$$

Search firms try to convince you that you suck and then choose accordingly
Like the description of consultants in "House of Lies":

We steal your watch, then charge you for the time.

Regardless of who is the favorite, who would be more likely to accept an early SU offer between Frost and Babers?

Regardless of who is the favorite, who would be more likely to accept an early SU offer between Frost and Babers?

I think both would accept the offer. I haven't heard Frost tied to any job except Maryland and we have to be close to equal with them. Babers has been tied to one of the lower level Florida schools so I think they both would accept if offered.

I think both would accept the offer. I haven't heard Frost tied to any job except Maryland and we have to be close to equal with them. Babers has been tied to one of the lower level Florida schools so I think they both would accept if offered.
He was being talked about for the Iowa State job, but that one is off the market now, reportedly. Maryland seems to be close to being off the market as well.

Frost would be the splash hire. I like it. His introductory press conf better mention the dome, a climate controlled atmosphere, bringing a high octane offense similar to one he ran at Oregon under the guidance of Chip Kelly.

Lets get some high octane athletes, then we can worry about the system deployed on both sides of the ball.

Maybe Babers. Frost might be more likely to use the offer as leverage fror a raise. He really want the Nebraska job and might think he can get it in a few years without taking the SU risk.
Just a wild guess, of course.

I'll support the coach whomever it is, I'm just not that high on Babers. I really hope whomever it is comes in and lights it up, year one.

Into the stretch and Babers sticks a nose in front.

So do we think it is just down to these two guys?

Babers is my first choice. I think he's has the most check marks of all the realistic candidates. I want a guy with experience as a head coach, come from a great offensive system. Defense only thing that worries me. He needs to hire a good defensive coach but if Frost is the guy I wont be mad at all.

Babers is my first choice. I think he's has the most check marks of all the realistic candidates. I want a guy with experience as a head coach, come from a great offensive system. Defense only thing that worries me. He needs to hire a good defensive coach but if Frost is the guy I wont be mad at all.
I'm fine with either one, really. I mainly just want it to be Frost because I want my prediction to be correct. Ha.

I still think Frost gets the first offer, but might be holding out for a higher profile gig. We'll see soon enough. I fully expect to hear something this week.

I'm fine with either one, really. I mainly just want it to be Frost because I want my prediction to be correct. Ha.

So, is it pretty much down to these 2 guys or is there more ?

When I look at these two guys I have a check mark and concern for each...

Frost - No head coaching experience this is a concern. I think Frost will at least be looking at defense. I think since he has coached on that side of the ball he understands that he will need that side of the ball to win.

Babers - He has head coaching experience so this isn't a concern for him but he looks like he is the opposite of Shafer. Shafer was concerned about defense and didn't really have a game plan on the offensive side of the ball changing coordinators and such that is my concern with Babers. Also he had a terrible recruiting class but I have to dig more into that and see what he was working with to properly judge that.