IOC leaning toward awarding 2024 Olympics to Paris, 2028 to Los Angeles | Syracusefan.com

IOC leaning toward awarding 2024 Olympics to Paris, 2028 to Los Angeles

Syracuse and Utica had to be in the running right

pretty soon the IOC will just start assigning Cities the Olympics...

I think they should have a rotation of about 5 cities that have shown they have the facilities and can support the effort. It's crazy to have all these cities that can't really afford it try to get the Olympics and then the facilities just go to waste once it's done

Last edited:
I think they should have a rotation of about 5 cities that have shown they have the facilities and can support the effort. It's crazy to have all these cities that can't really afford it try to get the Olympics and then the facilities just got to waste once it's done
that's good.

the $$ saved on the new facilities can go towards security etc.

you could even go the World Cup route and give it to Countries.

pretty soon the IOC will just start assigning Cities the Olympics...

Serious question, what US cities could rather easily support hosting the Olympics? The obvious big ones of course, but I am curious what else is needed besides size? Like Chicago, Boston, ? Just curious.

Serious question, what US cities could rather easily support hosting the Olympics? The obvious big ones of course, but I am curious what else is needed besides size? Like Chicago, Boston, ? Just curious.
venues.

and a lot of Cities cant support that without building or upgrading.

NYC could do it, but wouldn't want the whole shebang for 2 weeks...hence why I went the country route.

put that on the Eastern Seaboard between Boston and DC, maybe add Charlotte or even Atlanta again...