Is amendola suspended? | Syracusefan.com

Is amendola suspended?

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
And why didn't BB take him out and have a talk with him??

That hit was far worse than ODBs.

The play was legal, they way he hit is where most people are having issues. I watched the replays they have up and it seems that he misses the helmet area. I'm guessing the NFL folks with take there time and review the play from every angle a bunch of times and we will know at some point what they do to Amendola, if anything.

actually its not legal by some of the rules on defenseless players.

actually its not legal by some of the rules on defenseless players.
Show me where it's not legal? He was making a block, when did that change?

did he call fair catch? what was the penalty for if it was legal? didnt he hit him in the head?

When do NFL players get suspended for legal hits to the shoulder?

upperdeck said:
did he call fair catch? what was the penalty for if it was legal? didnt he hit him in the head?

No.

NFL refs being NFL refs.

No.

When do NFL players get suspended for legal hits to the shoulder?
When they lead with their head, lowered into a defenseless player, attempting to catch the ball.

One player acted like an idiot for 60 minutes and seeked out a player to make a helmet to helmet hit. The other tried to break up a potential punt recovery at the two yard line penalty sure if you think he lead with his helmet but suspension? Nope. Oh Lord

When they lead with their head, lowered into a defenseless player, attempting to catch the ball.
His head was off to the side of the player and he hit with his shoulder. He blocked the player so the ball would go into the end zone.

He didn't call for a fair catch. So he could make the hit. He didn't hit the KC guy in the helmet. Now it wasn't a pretty hit but it isn't a suspendable hit. He will get a fine though.

The penalty was for unnecessary roughness not for a hit to a defenseless player.

OBJ led with the crown of his helmet into Norman's helmet and that game had a bunch of crazy interactions between both Norman and OBJ.

He didn't call for a fair catch. So he could make the hit. He didn't hit the KC guy in the helmet. Now it wasn't a pretty hit but it isn't a suspendable hit. He will get a fine though.

The penalty was for unnecessary roughness not for a hit to a defenseless player.

OBJ led with the crown of his helmet into Norman's helmet and that game had a bunch of crazy interactions between both Norman and OBJ.

He hit him right under the face mask. Trying to get the freeze framed shot of it, but it's really obvious if you slow it down on youtube.

If you watch the whole thing, Amendola had absolutely no idea where he was going to land. He put his head down and went all in. Lucky he didn't break his own neck.

I know this isn't college, but in college it would be a clear cut targeting and would have stood up to the replay. Maybe that's an advantage of the NFL.

He hit him right under the face mask. Trying to get the freeze framed shot of it, but it's really obvious if you slow it down on youtube.

If you watch the whole thing, Amendola had absolutely no idea where he was going to land. He put his head down and went all in. Lucky he didn't break his own neck.

I know this isn't college, but in college it would be a clear cut targeting and would have stood up to the replay. Maybe that's an advantage of the NFL.
I got no problem with anything you said. It was targeting if this was CFB but the NFL doesn't have that rule and that isn't going to get somebody suspended without severe reputation. That hit was a one time offense.
Amendola will get a fine but shouldn't be suspended.

Amendola was trying to throw a block, Beckham was out of control the entire game.

He

He was trying to block the player who was trying to down the ball. It's what all returners are taught to do.
It's also not snowing outside my house.

And I have bridge connecting the 2 best boroughs of NYC for sale...

It's also not snowing outside my house.

And I have bridge connecting the 2 best boroughs of NYC for sale...

So you want to suspend a guy for a football action, and give Beckham a medal for what he did. Typical homer Giant fan.

So you want to suspend a guy for a football action, and give Beckham a medal for what he did. Typical homer Giant fan.
No.

Just Internet fodder.

But let's be clear...that most certainly was NOT a block.

Not worth a suspension obviously, but clearly...NOT a block.

I hope you don't believe that, because that would mean you've missed sarcasm here, and are a patsy lemming.

Not a good look.

No.

Just Internet fodder.

But let's be clear...that most certainly was NOT a block.

Not worth a suspension obviously, but clearly...NOT a block.

I hope you don't believe that, because that would mean you've missed sarcasm here, and are a patsy lemming.

Not a good look.

He was trying to block the guy from downing the ball, whatever you want to call it.

He was trying to block the guy from downing the ball, whatever you want to call it.
obviously you didnt watch the play, so lets leave it at that as we head into a great day of football.

guy had is head up, looking up at the ball and...WHOMP!!

yeah, a block...

obviously you didnt watch the play, so lets leave it at that as we head into a great day of football.

guy had is head up, looking up at the ball and...WHOMP!!

yeah, a block...

I did see the play, he was trying to prevent the guy from downing the ball inside the 5, he hit him helmet to helmet, should have been fined, but nothing more than that.

I did see the play, he was trying to prevent the guy from downing the ball inside the 5, he hit him helmet to helmet, should have been fined, but nothing more than that.
Ok, I get it.

You're trolling me.

But let's keep that to the boards where trolling is acceptable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom