Is it time for the clapping until first bucket to die? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is it time for the clapping until first bucket to die?

Should SU retire clapping until the first basket at the start of each half?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 74 44.0%
  • No, tradition is more important

Votes: 94 56.0%

• Total voters
I can't believe this is as close as it is. This team is going to freaking score and also play defense. Stand up, clap, and cheer, because these guys are going to thrive off of the energy we give.

I can't believe this is as close as it is. This team is going to freaking score and also play defense. Stand up, clap, and cheer, because these guys are going to thrive off of the energy we give.
Agreed. I do think the “everybody immediately sits down as soon as we score” create a weird dynamic though.

Would love to see the place stay up and try to help the team jump on somebody early, sometimes.

Agreed. I do think the “everybody immediately sits down as soon as we score” create a weird dynamic though.

Would love to see the place stay up and try to help the team jump on somebody early, sometimes.
sit down, stand up, who cares, just be loud. If you want to make a difference, then be loud. Show recruits what it is like to play in the dome for the ORANGE!!!

I would amend it to first bucket OR first defensive stop.

It actually hurts the energy when it goes on too long. Makes slow starts a worse experience.

Get a big turnover, block a shot, snag a board and the crowd goes nuts, that works. Win the tip right away, get a nice bucket, crowd goes nuts, that works.

Tell me I'm wrong that this wouldn't be better.

You can't.

YOU CAN'T
Hopefully with 7'4", we win all the tips and go right down and score.

Keep:
-stand and clap

Bring back:
-alley-oops
-outlet passes
-pressure defense
-hey! You suck!
-Dome Ranger
-Original Dome Nachos
-Amen song in closing seconds of a victory
-who cares? So what? Who’s he? Big deal? Big sh%*?
-Script unis
-Blue curtain(not the poster though)

IMHO, we have few traditions. We should be looking to create more, not throw away the ones that are still around...
This. Is the tradition a great one? No, probably not. But for a program that does not have a lot of traditions and for a program that is always brainstorming ways of creating new traditions, I dont think we are in a position to throw away the traditions that we do have.

Keep:
-stand and clap

Bring back:
-alley-oops
-outlet passes
-pressure defense
-hey! You suck!
-Dome Ranger
-Original Dome Nachos
-Script unis
The dome ranger must be knee less at this point

Last time I saw him he had two knee braces on.

I say keep the tradition but you’re required to use any part of your body except your hands to clap.
dog twerk GIF

I like the idea of the clap and the tradition to me is a good and important thing. If it had more energy I think it could be great. How that is done is a creative question I do not have an answer to, but maybe the student section can come up with something. They seem to be a creative bunch. People seem to really like the Minnesota Vikings clap (not the same I know and was probably stolen from soccer but..), I think a little tweek or two could make it cool. JMHO

I would reverse things.

Everybody stands and claps loud every time Syracuse is on defence until the other team scores their first field goal

Instead of it being more half-hearted as it drags out longer and longer fans would get more into it and even louder as teams get to 0-2, 0-3, 0-4.

The extended clapping would actually be a reward for our team's effort, and actually put some pressure on the opponents... instead of putting pressure on our own team.

(EDIT - I see this was already discussed at post #21)

Last edited:
Back in the old days, Sour Sitrus would play “Land of 1000 Dances” before the opening tip, and everyone clapped along.

Then the Dome insisted on using canned music and it all went askew.
In recent years it was at its best when Welcome to the Jungle was the lead off song and set the clapping tempo.

The only reason it was deflating was bc it would take 20 mins to score some games. Never get rid of this. It’s something I look forward to seeing on tv or in person. Wish the wave came back for football games. Great childhood memories then with that

Keep:
-stand and clap

Bring back:
-alley-oops
-outlet passes
-pressure defense
-hey! You suck!
-Dome Ranger
-Original Dome Nachos
-Script unis
Sadly, neither the Dome Knitter nor Dome Eddie made the cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom