Is it time? | Syracusefan.com

Is it time?

Cuse House

All American
To blow this thing up? JB retire, bring in a new HC from outside the program, and suffer a few down years for longevity? Serious discussion has to be had. Let's have a rational discussion on where everyone stands.

I know people used to talk about Jay Wright.

Can anybody give one reason he'd Nova to come here?

I know people used to talk about Jay Wright.

Can anybody give one reason he'd Nova to come here?
He is a God to Nova fans after winning last year. We have better facilities and a more national program, but Nova has been better than us now for a few years. I'd say we are on par at this point.

Jay Wright:

NE guy.

We have better facilities, better following, more exposure and play in the ACC.

He'd have national games against Duke, UNC, UVA, Louisville etc.

That's why he'd leave. Prob won't but it's worth offering him everything under the sun.

Jay Wright is the only thing that can save our program and there's no way he'd come here.

Jay Wright:

NE guy.

We have better facilities, better following, more exposure and play in the ACC.

He'd have national games against Duke, UNC, UVA, Louisville etc.

That's why he'd leave. Prob won't but it's worth offering him everything under the sun.

Gregg Marshall.

What about Billy Donovan? Feel like aftter a couple average nba seasons he would consider a move back to college, it would work out good as far as a timeline.

Worked for Cal and Pitino.

To blow this thing up? JB retire, bring in a new HC from outside the program, and suffer a few down years for longevity? Serious discussion has to be had. Let's have a rational discussion on where everyone stands.
I can't believe this team is this bad. And I was one of the people thinking less than a final 4 would be underachieving. Man was I wrong.

Clean house. Offer Jay Wright 150% freedom to do whatever and all the money we have. Sacrifice some lambs and cattle. Start hiring eccentric/enthusiastic people into brand strategizing. Do something god damn crazy because we have dug ourselves such a hole into this JB era that its going to be awfully hard to come out unscathed.

We're in a very dangerous position in my opinion for a program that should never have to worry about things like this.

Billy Donovan would be a fantastic bromide for this program. Watched him play at PC... watched him coach at Florida... right up the road from me. The guy is a winner with fire in the belly.

Go raid the Big East - there are plenty of good coaches. Even if it's not Jay Wright, there are some younger good ones.

Jay Wright is the only thing that can save our program and there's no way he'd come here.
The only thing that can save our program? Let's not overreact, we went to the final four last year, yeah we had a few down years but our down years some teams would kill for as a good season. As far as only person that could save this program, we are top program if we were to hire outside, which we won't, a lot of very good coaches would be interested in coaching here, we would land a very solid coach if need be

The only thing that can save our program? Let's not overreact, we went to the final four last year, yeah we had a few down years but our down years some teams would kill for as a good season. As far as only person that could save this program, we are top program if we were to hire outside, which we won't, a lot of very good coaches would be interested in coaching here, we would land a very solid coach if need be

How sure of this are you?

How would people feel about McDermott at Creighton? He's done a great job there, and that would seemingly be an upgrade for him. Not as young as others, but a proven winner.

I don't think SU is willing to pay a proven top tier coach. Couple that with scholarship reductions and a top tier coach won't want to come here.

Clean house. Offer Jay Wright 150% freedom to do whatever and all the money we have. Sacrifice some lambs and cattle. Start hiring eccentric/enthusiastic people into brand strategizing. Do something god damn crazy because we have dug ourselves such a hole into this JB era that its going to be awfully hard to come out unscathed.

We're in a very dangerous position in my opinion for a program that should never have to worry about things like this.
Agree Trueblue... Scary stuff but lets hope Wildhack knows what to do with the next hire. So incredibly important!

Funny that some on this board are finally getting it. The structure of the way the NCAA champ is decided has kept jimmy afloat in recent years. Again, bad way to decide a national champ. So , we turned it on for 3 weeks last year in march. That said, we have been wildly inconsistent with superior talent the last 10-12 years. Cal blows JB OUTTA the water. It's a joke.

Let's let the season (and post season) play out before we are ready to all jump off a bridge.

Pretty sure you can sense where this season is headed. JB said it himself: If Howard doesn't play well, we're not going to win.

I've seen nothing from his game that tells me we're going to see a big change.

First priority is to go out and find someone who can play the point next year. If Howard winds up being our best option, expect another long season next year.

This staff needs to kill it on the recruiting trail the next year or two. JB's imminent retirement is casting a huge shadow. But they need to get beyond that, determine once and for all that Hop is the guy and see whether he's the right fit. Wildhack probably didn't think he'd have to worry about the basketball program. Football, yes. But he has some thinking to do in regards to hoops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom