Is Lavin getting the boot at STJ? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Lavin getting the boot at STJ?

Danny Hurley (Rhode Island) being cited in a number of places as a likely candidate. They should talk with Archie Miller. STJ is a higher profile job than Dayton if he had the same success there.

People in NYC have a very unrealistic view of STJ...like it's the 60's or 1985. Pitino is not leaving Ville for STJ... it would be a major step down and that's before his $5.75M salary/bonus that they aren't matching.

If you ever listen to wfan, they always bring up calipari, like he would leave Uk for St Johns.

If you ever listen to wfan, they always bring up calipari, like he would leave Uk for St Johns.

Seriously? you're not making this up?

It's beyond me why anyone would want Danny Hurley before Bobby Hurley but i get he's been at the coaching thing longer.

Archie Miller seems like a good fit or Shaka Smart. I'd be weary of Mullin and Jackson. I completely respect them as players as coaches, but recruiting is not as easy as sitting down in some living room in Coney Island and saying, "I went here, you should too." Are they willing to grind?

It's beyond me why anyone would want Danny Hurley before Bobby Hurley but i get he's been at the coaching thing longer.

Archie Miller seems like a good fit or Shaka Smart. I'd be weary of Mullin and Jackson. I completely respect them as players as coaches, but recruiting is not as easy as sitting down in some living room in Coney Island and saying, "I went here, you should too." Are they willing to grind?
Shaka Smart is said to be interested in only 2 jobs...Wisconsin (he is from Madison) and UNC. He is waiting for those jobs to open.

Shaka Smart is said to be interested in only 2 jobs...Wisconsin (he is from Madison) and UNC. He is waiting for those jobs to open.

That's interesting. Would he be able to recruit well enough in Wisconsin to win using "havoc"?