Is this team top 25 material right now? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is this team top 25 material right now?

We haven’t been to 3 straight bowls since 1996-1998. We will accomplish that with room to spare
I guess Boca Raton counts even if nobody wants to remember it. ;)

Diggs 11 TFL would have put him 11th in the ACC and .5 behind the Cuse leader, Wax (in almost half the snaps). Did I mention Diggs did that splitting snaps almost 50/50 with his teamates and did it against SEC lines?

He may or may not take the step to elite, but double digit TFL in the SEC is way above 'solid'
I think he will be very good for us. I’m just not sure he will be the elite pass rusher type but I would love it if he is. When Freeny defenses are brought up I just don’t want people to put unreal expectations on him and the D.

I think splitting a fair amount of snaps at DE is fairly common though right? But yes he will probably get more snaps than that this year and the OT’s he faces will likely not be quite as good. So it’s possible I’m selling him a bit short. Plus I do think we have a pretty good group and depth with all of the additions so they won’t be able to focus on just stopping him. Maybe with another year of development and the other factors listed he can get to around 7 sacks. If so that would be pretty great!

Is this team top 25 material right now?​

well you can't say we lost a lot of key players to the NFL draft ...

Ummm Greg was arguably the worst coach in possibly football history. There were warning signs immediately. Like guys not having set lifting regimens. And he never recruited before either. He was at the college level a brief time.

We’re allowed to raise the stakes a little too. Not everything needs to be so damn negative.
Ok so brining up the little engine that couldn't is probably a little much, I wasn't comparing the two. Simply pointing out that we don't know what we don't know. People are talking 10/11 win seasons. He hasn't coached a game in his life. Seems premature. I wasn't saying he won't be successful. I'm saying talk of SU pre-season top 25 with a new HC with zero experience coming off a bowl loss, etc, etc is a bit much. It's not like he's taking over a program that went to the Orange bowl last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom