Is this the game that the light switch goes on for Roberson? | Syracusefan.com

Is this the game that the light switch goes on for Roberson?

RF2044

Living Legend
Nice to see him have a break out performance. We need him to be a 12-14 ppg scorer to have success this year, IMO, so hopefully today's game was an indication that he's of the snyde.

I've been waiting for him to can that elbow jumper for two years. Today, he nailed it.

It will be interesting to see if this is the game is the line of demarcation where things finally fall into place for Tyler.

Nice to see him have a break out performance. We need him to be a 12-14 ppg scorer to have success this year, IMO, so hopefully today's game was an indication that he's of the snyde.

I've been waiting for him to can that elbow jumper for two years. Today, he nailed it.

It will be interesting to see if this is the game is the line of demarcation where things finally fall into place for Tyler.
I'm sorry to say, I doubt it.

The thing is, the light came on for him a few different times last year. Now he just needs to bring it consistently. He can be a monster for us on the O. glass if he goes after it like he did tonight and those handful of games last year

The thing is, the light came on for him a few different times last year. Now he just needs to bring it consistently. He can be a monster for us on the O. glass if he goes after it like he did tonight and those handful of games last year

This is the part I keep going back to. I hope to see some consistency. It will be interesting to see how he does against better/bigger teams - he's going to be (or needs to be) exerting so much fighting on the boards that I wonder how much will be left in the tank for the offensive end.

20-11 is pretty impressive. The 12 to 15 foot jumper he hit late in the game is hopeful. If he can hit that shot consistently, we will be a much better team.

This is the part I keep going back to. I hope to see some consistency. It will be interesting to see how he does against better/bigger teams - he's going to be (or needs to be) exerting so much fighting on the boards that I wonder how much will be left in the tank for the offensive end.
I think he definitely needs to be more consistent but you go back to his stats from last year and he had nine or more boards in ten of the ACC games and ten or more points in nine of the 18. Those aren't bad numbers but he if he would turn into a double/double machine, the season could go very well. Of course when you play 37 minutes like today, he has a great chance to keep his stats up.

he will have 4-6 more games this year with similar stats

Nobody expect the bar to be set at 20 and 16 rebounds.

But there's no reason he can't produce 12 - 14 and 9 rebounds. That would be outstanding.

Tyler was outstanding tonight...really stepped up and boy did.we need it. I think a reasonable expectation is 8 and 10 per game.

I also think lydon can give more but he gets so few touches per game.

Robersons hands were rebounding the ball are at a different level today. I think Gbinije was also taking rebounds well out of the air today

I am no weight lifter but for lydon its not only his upperarm strength its his hands and wrists. I use to do these for my hands and wrists and in a months time noticed a huge difference.

Last edited:
I sure hope so, but the level of competition has to make you a little skeptical.

I sure hope so, but the level of competition has to make you a little skeptical.

He's a junior. He started the majority of last season. We need scoring production from him. Time to bring it.

I'm not in any way suggesting that he's comparable to what Rak did last year--but people said that same thing about Christmas at the beginning of last year, too. We need Roberson to produce--hopefully, last night was the first sign that he's going to score with some consistency. We'll find out in Atlantis.

He's a junior. He started the majority of last season. We need scoring production from him. Time to bring it.

I'm not in any way suggesting that he's comparable to what Rak did last year--but people said that same thing about Christmas at the beginning of last year, too. We need Roberson to produce--hopefully, last night was the first sign that he's going to score with some consistency. We'll find out in Atlantis.

I agree with all that, I'm just saying, if he had a few games like this against better competition this week, then we're talking.

I loved the point above about how the one jumper he made was the one he took in rhythm.

JAB said he was much more active setting screens which led to open lanes to the boards. He said when he stands around he's easy to box out.

Agree with others on consistency and always being active vs. passive. However, matchups will affect this obviously and he will have a few bad games accordingly. But if he is routinely aggressive and smart on the floor, then good things for the Cuse.

It's mostly in between Tyler's ears. When he wants it, he can do it. I'll find out if his light bulb is now on in person.

I was not a Stuart Scott fan (RIP), but I feel like saying, Booyah!! So friggin' excited for Atlantis! We leave on Tuesday morning!!!!

SUball:Ecouchburn:rolling::):cool::p:D

This exact thread was made the 5 games he did well in last year too. I really hope he turns the corner but he needs to be a lot more consistent than he has since he came on the hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom