Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

His father is a helicopter parent.

Then I don't think it's Briscoe (or dad) that soured on Cuse, I wonder if it's JB doing the souring? It's no doubt part of this five year run is having real quality guys, Wes, Andy, CJ, Ennis, etc. Even seeing BJ and Patterson on the bench, and DC2, quality guys.

I don't see anyone on this team getting kicked out of practice like another guy in previous years.

Francis03 bnoro if ennis leaves early, why couldnt that open the door for briscoe? i think he is good enough where we could guarantee him a starting pg spot in that situation.
I agree. Even if Ennis comes back for another year there shouldn't be any issues because he definitely won't be back for his Junior year. It's all about building the best relationship with Mr. Briscoe. The family wants him to stay East now, so that should help our chances. For whatever reason Rutgers has been gaining the biggest buzz in this recruitment as of late.

I agree. Even if Ennis comes back for another year there shouldn't be any issues because he definitely won't be back for his Junior year. It's all about building the best relationship with Mr. Briscoe. The family wants him to stay East now, so that should help our chances. For whatever reason Rutgers has been gaining the biggest buzz in this recruitment as of late.

Any supposed "star" recruits who pick teams like Rutgers or Seton Hall are clearly not players for whom winning is important. When top players are looking at 2nd tier (or 3rd tier) schools, to me that screams "audition for the NBA", not "I want to be part of a winning team".

Any supposed "star" recruits who pick teams like Rutgers or Seton Hall are clearly not players for whom winning is important. When top players are looking at 2nd tier (or 3rd tier) schools, to me that screams "audition for the NBA", not "I want to be part of a winning team".
Briscoe mainly visited SJU, Rutgers, and SHU this past season. Take that fwiw.

Every big time recruit that has gone to Rutgers has ended up transferring out-Dahntay Jones, Corey Chandler, Mike Rosario-Don't they ever learn?

Every big time recruit that has gone to Rutgers has ended up transferring out-Dahntay Jones, Corey Chandler, Mike Rosario-Don't they ever learn?

That's OK, because those players usually aren't a fit for us. You have to be a bit more humble, and be willing to pay your dues and wait your turn. We are a school of "2 and dones" and program guys. Our model requires both.

If a guy is more Donte Greene or the kid who went to Tennessee, that's fine. Let them audition for the NBA at that school. That guy's not for us. I want guys who want to be part of our team, part of our program, part of our history.

We could use another guard for next year imo, not sure about a one and done the year after. Cooney Gbinije will be 5th year players, kaleb will be a soph, also add in jr, buss,bj and a freshman malachi.

We could use another guard for next year imo, not sure about a one and done the year after. Cooney Gbinije will be 5th year players, kaleb will be a soph, also add in jr, buss,bj and a freshman malachi.
If Frankie Howard's knee checks out well, then I think the 6'5 guard is more likely for us to land than Briscoe. Red thinks he has MCW like upside.

If Frankie Howard's knee checks out well, then I think the 6'5 guard is more likely for us to land than Briscoe. Red thinks he has MCW like upside.
Does he actually go by Frankie?

I would think him waiting until the spring could be a good thing. Though I could see him doing something similar to Whitehead.

No chance he comes here. Too much of a circus.
What does the "circus" have to do with the chances of Briscoe choosing SU? I think the main thing keeping him away was the road block that Ennis was to him at PG. No offense to Joseph but if Briscoe were to look at SU's roster today he would see no PG's in the way of his playing time in 2015. 5 star PG's do not avoid schools just because a 3 star freshman may be in the class ahead of him. If Briscoe ends up a one and done we'd still have 2 more years of Joseph plus whatever other PG we bring in.

We already have 2 guards committed in the 2015 class (Malachi Richardson SG and Franklin Howard who the staff sees as a PG). There is 1 available scholarship open and the priority is a big...either Bryant or Diagne. Can't see the staff passing on that in favor of a third guard. IMO we're done with Mr. Briscoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom