Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

His sister was at the SU-G Tech women's game last week. She had transferred from there to here for her final two seasons. Talked about what a great experience she had at SU and how she loved her Alma mater. Mark Larson of TW asked her a lot of questions but never mentioned her lil bro.

My apologies if someone has already mentioned this but in my opinion - as of now- we are not on his list of contenders. However, if Ennis ends up being a one and done (please lord no) the entire complexion of his recruitment changes and I think he puts us right back at the top. The real issue will be if we have open scholarships at that point in time.

Interested if others agree or think I'm way off base.

My apologies if someone has already mentioned this but in my opinion - as of now- we are not on his list of contenders. However, if Ennis ends up being a one and done (please lord no) the entire complexion of his recruitment changes and I think he puts us right back at the top. The real issue will be if we have open scholarships at that point in time.

Interested if others agree or think I'm way off base.

Honestly I pretty much wrote him off after we grabbed Joseph and Malachi.

Honestly I pretty much wrote him off after we grabbed Joseph and Malachi.

Interesting - Me too, initially anyway, but by that logic we should be out on Howard as well and others here seem to feel we are in on him. Just a thought

He (actually his father) wants a guarantee that he will play only PG and start as a freshman. He's not getting that guarantee from JB even if Ennis leaves after this season. So he is not coming to SU.

He (actually his father) wants a guarantee that he will play only PG and start as a freshman. He's not getting that guarantee from JB even if Ennis leaves after this season. So he is not coming to SU.
Have heard things like that before.

Is that from something his dad was quoted as saying?

If so can you link it?

Thanks

Last edited:

If so can you link it?

Thanks
I don't have the link but I think it may have been on Zags that did an article on him a while back and interviewed his father. His father didn't use the word "guarantee" but was clear that he wanted his son to play PG because that was his route to an NBA career and he wanted a situation where he could start right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting - Me too, initially anyway, but by that logic we should be out on Howard as well and others here seem to feel we are in on him. Just a thought

Howard would be a 4 year player. Briscoe would look to be at least 2 and done.

I don't want Briscoe, if it means missing out on Battle! Unfortunately, I think that would happen. I would rather roll the dice with Joseph, and get Battle, than have Joseph & Briscoe, but lose out on Battle.

They are both good players, but IMHO, Battle >>Briscoe.

How does anyone assume that Howard would be a guaranteed 4 year player? Kid will be a 6'6 PG with MCW upside from the staffs view of things.

It's because he's only a 4 star recruit. It's good to be Cuse.

Last edited:
Madbiker said:

Give him the ol' Fab Melo starting job...

Or on second thought, forget him and his pony show. I'm all in for Battle. Dude looks legit.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria1m
Rick Pitino is not at @_IsaiahBriscoe 's game and won't be coming.
Slick Rick knows it would be a waste of time to try and compete with the heavyweights such as SJU, Rutgirls, and SHU.
ngbbs4eb1ff6f7bbb6.jpg

If so can you link it?

Thanks

claims he's not worried who is in front of him.

“That doesn’t matter who they have at college,” he said. “I’m going to go in there and do what I’ve got to do.”

http://247sports.com/Article/Transfer-Purgatory-Over-For-Briscoe-172358

sorry, link is broken.

Transfer Purgatory Over For Briscoe

The day Isaiah Briscoe has been patiently waiting for has finally arrived. Briscoe, a national top-20 prospect in the 2015 class, will make his 2013-14 season debut today as Newark (N.J.) Roselle Catholic plays Miller Grove, Ga., in the Flyin’ To The Hoop event in Dayton, Ohio.

Ranked 18th nationally and as the No. 4 point guard in the 2015 class by 247Sports.com, Briscoe has had to sit out the first 30 days of his team’s season as a transfer.

To be correct, the 6-4 Briscoe is a high profile transfer. He was a standout the last two years at Newark’s St. Benedict’s Prep. This past summer, Briscoe -- who answers to the nickname Boogie -- decided to move to Roselle Catholic.

On Saturday, Briscoe sat on the bench...

(rest of article removed due to copyright restrictions)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom