Isaiah Jones transferring to New Mexico | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Jones transferring to New Mexico

I kept waiting for him to do something and it never happened. It probably means some more receivers are coming in. With OG, Peña, Hatcher and others coming back there’s not much room for him.

I kept waiting for him to do something and it never happened. It probably means some more receivers are coming in. With OG, Peña, Hatcher and others coming back there’s not much room for him.
Not so much Hatcher. He was a big reason we lost to BC. Got outmuscled for that ball deep in their territory and had it ripped away and stolen from him. After that, I didn’t care if we ever saw him again.

Not so much Hatcher. He was a big reason we lost to BC. Got outmuscled for that ball deep in their territory and had it ripped away and stolen from him. After that, I didn’t care if we ever saw him again.
He also made a bunch of big plays this season, including the chase down tackle he made when Army intercepted the ball at the end of the first half, but, I mean, totally cool if you want to write off a redshirt sophomore for not making a play against someone else that was also doing their best to compete and make a play.

You do realize that if he made that play, that single play, we win. And still have Dino as Coach. And none of what is happening to us right now, and what will happen down the road, would be happening. We should built a statue of him on campus.

He also made a bunch of big plays this season, including the chase down tackle he made when Army intercepted the ball at the end of the first half, but, I mean, totally cool if you want to write off a redshirt sophomore for not making a play against someone else that was also doing their best to compete and make a play.
He also had 7 catches versus UNC when no one else was producing. Another year in S&C he’ll be solid.

He also had 7 catches versus UNC when no one else was producing. Another year in S&C he’ll be solid.
Hatchers problem to me is purely from a strength side. Clearly can hustle and is an excellent blocker despite his lack of strength (which means his fundamentals and technique is good too).

He's listed at 183. If he's serious about being an NFL level player he needs to be closer to 200 going into next season.

You do realize that if he made that play, that single play, we win. And still have Dino as Coach. And none of what is happening to us right now, and what will happen down the road, would be happening. We should built a statue of him on campus.
The football gods work in mysterious ways

Hatchers problem to me is purely from a strength side. Clearly can hustle and is an excellent blocker despite his lack of strength (which means his fundamentals and technique is good too).

He's listed at 183. If he's serious about being an NFL level player he needs to be closer to 200 going into next season.
If he could get up to 200 while maintaining his speed he’d be much more effective. The concentration/hands need to improve as well though.

I never want SU to lose under any circumstances. Win the games and let the chips fall where they may. We also did not know at the time that 7 wins was the benchmark. For all we knew, a bowl and 6 wins was the minimum requirement. A Cuse win vs. BC at that juncture would have made us 5-4 with 3 winnable games left. Win that game and 8-4 was not out of the question.

Last edited:

Yeah the Hatcher bashing is tired. Imo he was a bright spot this season and made some outstanding plays. Super tough over the middle.

Last edited:
The play vs. Army was impressive, it very well turned that game. If that Army DB makes it a pick 6 we are down big at the half with all the momentum with Army. I give Hatcher big props for hustling back and making that play. Agreed for sure.

Good luck to him. I had high hopes and was bummed when he got the last two year. I hope it all comes together for him.

I always thought he was going to be our number 2 behind OG. He showed some flash, but as Dino used to say he was occasionally great but not consistently good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom