It’s a W but | Syracusefan.com

It’s a W but

Not the way I thought it’d be. Team was a bit off most of the game

They started out strong and looking good - loved the ball movement. However after some substitutions the offense got stagnant, off the ball movement stopped, a few bad passes, poor defense and the wheels just seemed to come off. Marek and Girard went out for Quincy and Goodine with an 8 point lead that went down to 4 in 57 seconds. We were then in a dog fight. Guerrier had a bad first half in his 6 minutes and 12 seconds of play with 2 turnovers, 1 for 3 shooting, a foul and 2 offensive rebounds. Goodine was pulled after a minute after a turnover. Joe Girard had the other 2 TO’s since we only had 5 turnovers in the first half.

Guerrier though sure made the most of his 10 minutes in the latter 2nd half when we were still up by only by 4, contributing to make this win much more comfortable. He was 2 for 2 shooting and 3 for 4 ft for 8 points, 3 defensive rebounds, 2 fouls and 0 turnovers in the 2nd half. We will need him to be a strong inside offensive and rebounding presence. Girard had 3 turnovers for the game, 2 were very strange when he threw outlet passes out of bounds past half court making me wonder about either his strength or if there’s an issue with his shoulder. (Hopefully not)

Girard had 3 turnovers for the game, 2 were very strange when he threw outlet passes out of bounds past half court making me wonder about either his strength or if there’s an issue with his shoulder. (Hopefully not)

The second (short of SU's bench) was directly in line with our seats. It was a screwball...I can't say I've ever seen a basketball move like that before, it just tailed away from Hughes. No idea how he released that ball to make it cut like that. But I didn't get the sense it was strength-related.

I love the intent, I hope he doesn't lose this instinct as a result of a few turnovers.

They started out strong and looking good - loved the ball movement. However after some substitutions the offense got stagnant, off the ball movement stopped, a few bad passes, poor defense and the wheels just seemed to come off. Marek and Girard went out for Quincy and Goodine with an 8 point lead that went down to 4 in 57 seconds. We were then in a dog fight. Guerrier had a bad first half in his 6 minutes and 12 seconds of play with 2 turnovers, 1 for 3 shooting, a foul and 2 offensive rebounds. Goodine was pulled after a minute after a turnover. J...

I said at the time that that was an imbalanced offensive lineup (at best). And I think Sidibe, who had another nice start, came out for Edwards not long after? Dolezaj wasn't very assertive, Guerrier was totally ineffective (though he did get fouled on the missed layup), and Buddy started settling for low-percentage jumpers rather than moving the ball (maybe understandably, since he was playing with guys who can't or won't shoot). But we got stagnant in a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom