It’s over, let’s move on | Syracusefan.com

It’s over, let’s move on

It hasn’t even been an hour yet since the game ended. I’m sorry but this was an embarrassment, it stung, and I’m upset about it. And I will be for a while.
If you were that invested in this bowl game’s outcome knowing how flawed this team currently is, what this team had to do to even get bowl eligible and that Beck was unavailable for the bowl I’m not sure what to tell you.

I wanted us to win like anyone, would have been a nice cap to the season for the hard work the kids put in, but this overemotional stuff as if we just lost the NC or something is really over the top.

If you were that invested in this bowl game’s outcome knowing how flawed this team currently is, what this team had to do to even get bowl eligible and that Beck was unable for the bowl I’m not sure what to tell you.
Meh, it sucked, let the man get it out. This program needs people to emotionally invest…emotionally and financially. I mean biggest lost by an ACC school ever, first time ever shut out in a bowl, lost to a school we are inexplicably 2-9 against all time in a conference called the AAC, im depressing myself now

Meh, it sucked, let the man get it out. This program needs people to emotionally invest…emotionally and financially. I mean biggest lost by an ACC school ever, first time ever shut out in a bowl, lost to a school we are inexplicably 2-9 against all time in a conference called the AAC, im depressing myself now
The architect of this imbalanced roster that got us to this point in the first place has already been fired. He’s gone. This is just the crescendo of that. It sucks - yeah - but I refuse to be emotionally invested in it. It’s just a continuation of Dino frustration is all this is. And I refuse to do it! lol

If you were that invested in this bowl game’s outcome knowing how flawed this team currently is, what this team had to do to even get bowl eligible and that Beck was unavailable for the bowl I’m not sure what to tell you.

I wanted us to win like anyone, would have been a nice cap to the season for the hard work the kids put in, but this overemotional stuff as if we just lost the NC or something is really over the top.
I don’t think I’m being over emotional, we got blown out on national television for what, the third time now this year? Also there’s a significant difference between 6-7 vs 7-6.

It’s not as easy for me to compartmentalize and say next season is a whole new slate, I cared about this one still. We were shutout in a bowl for the first time in program history.

If I went into this not caring then obviously I would be able to flush it within minutes, but that was not the case for me.

I don’t think I’m being over emotional, we got blown out on national television for what, the third time now this year? Also there’s a significant difference between 6-7 vs 7-6.

It’s not as easy for me to compartmentalize and say next season is a whole new slate, I cared about this one still. We were shutout in a bowl for the first time in program history.

If I went into this not caring then obviously I would be able to flush it within minutes, but that was not the case for me.
Well look at the bright side - Fran got to see this team live in 15 practices and 1 game - yeah the game sucked and having to endure whatever that was was pretty brutal for all of us fans, but this was invaluable for Fran to analyze and improve the roster.

Better days are coming :). I told my fiance that this was the last bit of Dino poison I had to swallow in order to deserve next season lol.

It’s arbitrary. If Cuse held on to one of those potential interceptions and ended up winning the Boston College game, would your perception of the program be any different?
No, it would still be the same due to the nature of how we were just dominated in a bowl game. But it does aggravate the situation further in my mind that we wound up being below .500 after all was said and done.

And I’m not the only one that thinks like this; commentators and even coaches and players talk about 6-6 teams having winning seasons vs losing seasons for their bowl game. It’s a thing.

And I’m not the only one that thinks like this; commentators and even coaches and players talk about 6-6 teams having winning seasons vs losing seasons for their bowl game. It’s a thing.
Of course it’s a thing. Coaches and commentators are mostly meatheads.

There is no difference between 6-7 and 7-6 much less a big difference unless of course a sadly mediocre record excites you. Don’t lose your emotions, just temper them with knowing the type of players we are suddenly bringing in. The best class in about 20 years. This was accomplished in a little over 2 weeks. It can’t get any rosier than that.

Good thing we got a head start on our coaching search 4 weeks ago… man this board would have been in all time meltdown mode after a game like this tonight.

In a way it’s sort of a fitting end to the DB era and so let’s stay together and be ready to support our squad like never before.

The game happened and now it’s part of our history.. and with that being said, we positioned ourselves impeccably with the FB hire and within 3 weeks our Future is now looking as bright as ever!
When you really think about it it’s insane lol

Let’s hope this fuels our players/choaches/fan base etc. all the way top to bottom, for what should be an historic first season with Fran Brown next year.

Let’s giddy up LGO

Knew it would be tough after hearing Shrader wasnt playing. USF completely shut down the run game. Stop the one threat SU has and they did it. Credit goes to them. This is what you get when you have no threat of a pass game. Passing wasn't ever good without Gadsden and you are limited on what you can do with Villari and a 3rd string QB. They were trying to make it a controlled possession game but it got ugly as soon as they went down double digits. You cant expect a Pitt type performace every time you run the wildcat. Not when a motivated team had 3 weeks to prepare for it.

It hasn’t even been an hour yet since the game ended. I’m sorry but this was an embarrassment, it stung, and I’m upset about it. And I will be for a while.
I believe the players saw the handwriting on the wall with the new class for next year and figured they were going to lose their starting positions so they gave up.

I hope the people that are demoralized from this loss have rationally thought out the reality of this game. Your without your original head coach ( Fran stated he was going to be barely involved and more so evaluating then stepping in the interim staffs way). You’re without your offensive coordinator who erected this style of offense. Mike lynch was the one calling the plays, he was already our oc at one time and proven he his terrible at being a play caller lol. A bunch of guys have transferred and checked out, I’d assume that’s the same for the coaches also except the ones staying. It is perplexing that they thought this wildcat offense would be affective given the time usf had to prepare for it, but in the end idk if they had much of a choice. Tbh it was atleast a great opportunity for Fran to evaluate the team against another opponent and truly realize the level of change that needs to take place. The team out there was a dino babers team not Fran browns. It in NO WAY will reflect next year. If babers was extended, yes I would also be falling apart like some but the misery of the babers era is over. Shake it off and move on , look forward next year.

Last edited: