It really is embarassing | Syracusefan.com

It really is embarassing

jgeorge322

Living Legend
to see what fans say to the players on social media. Chris posted a photo of himself on ig playing pool and it results in grown men criticizing his game and calling him the next donte green. i saw some nasty comments made toward bj too, who just may have been told that he wouldnt see a lot of pt going forward. I read this stuff and it really burns me up inside. Its hard to even look at. I wish something could be done about it.

Those aren't true fans who act that way.True fans always want what's best for the player. I think many on here would be upset but the majority of us realize it is his life and he needs to make the decisions. To my point, there are bad apples in every fan base, I believe these guys are used to the idiots and ignore them because they know most of us have their backs. To be honest though, if he goes we will be puzzled but I would think supportive.

to see what fans say to the players on social media. Chris posted a photo of himself on ig playing pool and it results in grown men criticizing his game and calling him the next donte green. i saw some nasty comments made toward bj too, who just may have been told that he wouldnt see a lot of pt going forward. I read this stuff and it really burns me up inside. Its hard to even look at. I wish something could be done about it.

Derelict Cowards. That's the only thing I can think of, is to call them what they are. Derelict Cowards.

Weather voiced or not its not wrong to feel let down though.

College basketball is a industry with fans, if we lose bj first because he thought mccullough was coming back, then we lose mccullough to the draft then because he shifted we lose gbinije because he wanted to play only if mccullough was here, then cooney decides to go over seas because hes tired of all the bashing and he doesn't think the team to be good, what are we supposed to do stand up and clap saying good job guys continue to follow your heart and thank you.

We all would be devistated. We are fans of the program, we love the individuals and their games but lets not pretend we don't get let down either. This is syracuse university we play for a darkhorse to win the title every year or better we don't play games. So he was compared to donte greene, and if tyler ennis would have came back this year we would have probably won another 5-6 games, if mcw came back the year before we probably would have won the whole thing last year.

So a kid called him donte greene, I guess that means he really thinks cmac would make a difference if he comes back. I am sure cmac is devastated that he would be called that, hes been called 100 times worse.

we lose mccullough we lose our probably our third best on the ball defender last year along with rak and buss the best two. Our d would be shredded.

I have no problem with voicing dissapointment over players, who didnt give us atleast a year of team leadership. I am syracuse fan not a nba fan. 50,000 a year to play professional even if it isn't the nba isn't a bad deal. its probably double -4X what alot of us make. and any of these kids could get a good paying coaching gig at a high school.

to sensative this is syracuse give us a team of warriors.

Last edited:

College basketball is a industry with fans, if we lose bj first because he thought mccullough was coming back, then we lose mccullough to the draft then because he shifted we lose gbinije because he wanted to play only if mccullough was here, then cooney decides to go over seas because hes tired of all the bashing and he doesn't think the team to be good, what are we supposed to do stand up and clap saying good job guys continue to follow your heart and thank you.

We all would be devistated. We are fans of the program, we love the individuals and their games but lets not pretend we don't get let down either. This is syracuse university we play for a darkhorse to win the title every year or better we don't play games. So he was compared to donte greene, and if tyler ennis would have came back this year we would have probably won another 5-6 games, if mcw came back the year before we probably would have won the whole thing last year.

So a kid called him donte greene, I guess that means he really thinks donte would make a difference if he comes back, I am sure cmac is devastated that he would be called that.

we lose mccullough we lose our probably our third best on the ball defender last year along with rak and buss the best two. Our d would be shredded.

Being let down should not lead to attacking him on his social media page, I do not see a valid reason to do that. Constructive criticism is one thing but there is a way to go about these things. We are fans, our job is to support, it is Coach Boeheims job to tell him that his game is not ready, not ours.

I have no problem with someone critiquing a players game on here, that is why this place exists, but anyone who attacks a kid on social media, is crossing the line big time.

My point exactly. This is a place where amongst ourselves can discuss players critically. Doing it on social media means you are looking to do it publicly because you're actively seeking him out. That's wrong.

So a kid called him donte greene, I guess that means he really thinks cmac would make a difference if he comes back. I am sure cmac is devastated that he would be called that, hes been called 100 times worse.

I have no problem with voicing dissapointment over players, who didnt give us atleast a year of team leadership. I am syracuse fan not a nba fan. 50,000 a year to play professional even if it isn't the nba isn't a bad deal. its probably double -4X what alot of us make. and any of these kids could get a good paying coaching gig at a high school.

to sensative this is syracuse give us a team of warriors.
I'm gonna stop you right there and tell you that I'm not going to be "devastated" if any player decides to go pro. I love Syracuse basketball, but it's not going to change my life in any real way if a kid decides to try to make it in the pros.

jekelish said:
I'm gonna stop you right there and tell you that I'm not going to be "devastated" if any player decides to go pro. I love Syracuse basketball, but it's not going to change my life in any real way if a kid decides to try to make it in the pros.

Exactly. They are making life choices that may generate millions for themselves and their families and fulfill a dream. It gives me the sads when a good player won't become great in a Cuse uniform - but that's all it is - a bummer. Beat goes on.

The only thing you can do about this is add your positive voice to his social media channels. I find all of social media to be narcissistic and repugnant so the behavior you describe is totally expected. It has to hurt for a 18 year old though.

Any grown man who (negatively) tweets at an amateur athlete is mentally ill. But I'm not embarrassed - these borderline sociopaths only embarrass themselves.

Nothing like grown people pulling in 50k a year criticizing a kid for looking at his potential to make millions. May not be a sound decision but they forget he is a kid. Most colleye kids would jump at a chance to make a few million of a couple of years knowing they could always go back for a degree. Difference is they n her have to make that decision.

Chris would be making a pretty big mistake by going this year. There is NO WAY he gets drafted before the Kentucky kids or Harrell for that matter, so he won't be a first round pick, so no guaranteed money. And given the injury and lack of playing time, he'll get eaten alive in the D league. But it's his life and he can do what he wants with it...

Being let down should not lead to attacking him on his social media page, I do not see a valid reason to do that. Constructive criticism is one thing but there is a way to go about these things. We are fans, our job is to support, it is Coach Boeheims job to tell him that his game is not ready, not ours.

As a 46 year old man, I have a hard time figuring out why I, or anyone else my age, should be viewing or be connected to a college aged kids social media page.

As a 46 year old man, I have a hard time figuring out why I, or anyone else my age, should be viewing or be connected to a college aged kids social media page.

I agree. I'm 38 and I used to friend some of the football players and basketball players on FB just to see some of the action/game photos they posted. But even that made me feel creepy and I unfriended them all after a week or so. Not that they were posting anything bad - they weren't. Just the whole idea of it all. The only one I kept as a friend was Rob Long because we could all learn something from Rob Long.

We may be reaching the point in society where it is simply a bad idea for these guys to participate in wide open social media. They are public figures without the PR front people or personal experience to handle the attention when it turns negative. I'm not defending the fact that it at times turns negative, just suggesting that it is inevitable that it will. It's the ugly nature of the world we live in today. Too many people seem to want to spend their time tearing others down rather than patting people on the back.

people want the Syracuse standard win total, tv appearances, final 4s and championships...coupled with the Siena standard 4 year retention and graduation rate.

what can you do?? :noidea:

Oh Lord

people want the Syracuse standard win total, tv appearances, final 4s and championships...coupled with the Siena standard 4 year retention and graduation rate.

what can you do?? :noidea:

Oh Lord

No, we want the Duke or Kentucky standard win total, TV appearances, etc... coupled with the Harvard (or ND or Nova - both 100%) retention and graduation rates. Is that so hard?

No, we want the Duke or Kentucky standard win total, TV appearances, etc... coupled with the Harvard (or ND or Nova - both 100%) retention and graduation rates. Is that so hard?
i stand corrected.

imagesbe-anything-you-want.jpg

pretty simple don't open up your life to the world, easy to have a private page

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom