It's hard | Syracusefan.com

It's hard

Yep. It ruins watching college fb for my kids and I. Makes it clear how far of a gulf there really is right now.

I hear that. You can scout Bob Chesney if you have the SNY app. He just went for it on 4th and goal from the 3 and scored a TD. 28 points in the 1H with back up QB.
Chesney is a great coach, there's really no denying that. He has made immediate improvements at each stop in his career, and then maintained success. Holy Cross this year is a little bit of a disappointment, but they still have a winning record. We could do much worse than him as a head coach. I don't know if he'd even come here though, because he's spent literally his entire career in the Catholic school ecosystem, and I have to believe that's by design. Which leads me to believe if he ever did make the jump to FBS, it would be Boston College.

Yep. Watching Kansas and all those 2 and 3 stars beating Oklahoma and all their 4 and 5 stars in the 4th quarter. I've been lead to believe that that just can't happen.
And we don’t want another rebuild. So…..

When I first saw the thread title:
700px-Orange-and-banana.jpg

And we don’t want another rebuild. So…..
A rebuild isn't the same as before with the transfer portal. Before it took a long time, and you had players who didn't fit a system. Now a new coach goes out and searches the portal for the players that are a fit, and hopefully get enough to come that you start with making a bottom feeder bowl game, and oh, that means we are already ahead of now.

First time we have not watched college gameday in like 5ish years
I had some games on but could not really get into them today which sucks because we normally watch it nonstop

First time we have not watched college gameday in like 5ish years
I had some games on but could not really get into them today which sucks because we normally watch it nonstop
And you aren't limited to 25 players anymore. You can bring in a starting lineup on both sides of the ball and their backups.

Chesney is a great coach, there's really no denying that. He has made immediate improvements at each stop in his career, and then maintained success. Holy Cross this year is a little bit of a disappointment, but they still have a winning record. We could do much worse than him as a head coach. I don't know if he'd even come here though, because he's spent literally his entire career in the Catholic school ecosystem, and I have to believe that's by design. Which leads me to believe if he ever did make the jump to FBS, it would be Boston College.
I act think this is his best coaching year

Had it not delayed he would have beat a top 5 ACC team (bc) and prob would have gotten the job.

Something is up w Sluka his best player too and the backup has gotten good quickly.

JW would be dumb not to interview him to get his sense of rebuild. Even if they don’t hire him he has done 3 superb rebuilds. The basics are the same throughout football on the field, building staff etc

Babers has fooled a lot of people into believing his players are significantly worse that those other teams in the ACC…somebody mentioned Kansas up above which is a great example of two and three star players playing better than Oklahoma recently. It’s called coaching which he clearly cannot do. JW and SU bought it hook line and sinker.
Babers has had a nice run of extra cash for eight years! Time to go!

Babers has fooled a lot of people into believing his players are significantly worse that those other teams in the ACC…somebody mentioned Kansas up above which is a great example of two and three star players playing better than Oklahoma recently. It’s called coaching which he clearly cannot do. JW and SU bought it hook line and sinker.
Babers has had a nice run of extra cash for eight years! Time to go!
He isn’t a good coach game day. Not sure anyone can debate that. Soft aspects of being a hc he’s an a plus. He is respectful, represents school awesome and players seem to like him a lot.

We need a good to great game day coach. We have a guy who coaches like I played techmo bowl

Ehh. The NFL, College and High schools are littered with with coaches who know a lot but for various reasons were not able to translate that into success. Vic Fangio has had zilch for success as a head coach but is well regarded as a DC. It just ended up not working out for Dino. We thought we had something with the 10 win season and it wasn't sustained. happens. Moving on but I don't think Dino was trying to fool anyone and has probably forgotten more about football than some of us will ever know.

...to even enjoy watching other college football games at this point. Proud, ambitious teams cheered on by capacity crowds. Such a contrast...
20 years.

He isn’t a good coach game day. Not sure anyone can debate that. Soft aspects of being a hc he’s an a plus. He is respectful, represents school awesome and players seem to like him a lot.

We need a good to great game day coach. We have a guy who coaches like I played techmo bowl

We haven’t made progress, he makes excuses during press conferences, we have no quarterbacks right now one had a dead arm before the year started and never should have started. Another was a four star qb who had a rocket arm who can’t make simple reads and pass the ball accurately. Some of the is misfortune, some of it is getting players in bad position, not debating how nice he is and I’ve said before he can represent the University another way but not as head football coach

rutgers is now shaming us. they were losing by 5pts to osu half way through the 4th quarter they have a great defense and a pretty decent ol. they have a bad qb. packed stadium.
we have a great defense. i am no schiano fan but got to hand it to rutgers . he does have state money backing him. no matter what we think about their deficit.

I agree with you generally, but one thing Dino doesn't do well off the field is fan engagement. Every press conference he's ever given has been non-answers. Practices are closed to media for the most part. He despises things like Fan Fest and the spring game. I guess all of these would be okay if we were winning, because winning generates its own buzz among the fans. But we do the opposite of winning, so those things become more important than they are at other programs, not less.

You can't sequester the entire football program from the fanbase for 353 days a year, only trotting the team out there 12 times a year in mostly losing efforts, and then complain when fans don't show up for games or donate to NIL collectives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom