Its not a conspiracy THEORY anymore... | Syracusefan.com

Its not a conspiracy THEORY anymore...

Why would the refs be helping Maryland on their way out of the ACC?

All the penalties are legit.
No doubt most were. The face mask was questionable though I'm sure it looked like it to the ref. No replay on the PI so I don't know. Everything else looked correct.

Bigger question is how so few penalties against UMD. Hard to believe they were that clean.

100% true. That was a total screw job by any measure.

100% true. That was a total screw job by any measure.

How many of the screw job penalties do you think we actually earned? It's not like we were in the top 10 of the most penalized teams coming in...

what was the 15 yrd on the punt for.. no contact, was it taunting? no contact was made?

what about the lost 7 yds on the int return that never got fixed? or the 3 yds on the brown scramble they forgot to review?

the INT was a weak call but no real replay so who knows

No doubt most were. The face mask was questionable though I'm sure it looked like it to the ref. No replay on the PI so I don't know. Everything else looked correct.

Bigger question is how so few penalties against UMD. Hard to believe they were that clean.

There was a replay of the PI / almost interception. It was great coverage. He never touched the man, but turned and played the ball and intercepted it before losing it when he hit the ground.

The facemask was clearly not. Hand was never on the mask, shoulderpad started the spin slipped up and hit the side and then top of the helmet to give the illusion.

So how about the 3rd "kick catch interference" call on us?

Compare that PI with the non PI call with Broyld.

There was a replay of the PI / almost interception. It was great coverage. He never touched the man, but turned and played the ball and intercepted it before losing it when he hit the ground.

The facemask was clearly not. Hand was never on the mask, shoulderpad started the spin slipped up and hit the side and then top of the helmet to give the illusion.

So how about the 3rd "kick catch interference" call on us?
On the PI play, the replay I saw didn't show the entire time the ball was in the air. There could have been interference before the camera picked them up.

It was clearly not a facemask from the camera angle but I bet any referee would have called it if they were standing where this referee was.

Not sure what you mean by "3rd" catch interference but you're not supposed to get within one yard before the guy catches it. The defender definitely got close but I can't swear it was before the catch. So I don't know for sure about that one. I don't have it on DVR.

what was the 15 yrd on the punt for.. no contact, was it taunting? no contact was made?

what about the lost 7 yds on the int return that never got fixed? or the 3 yds on the brown scramble they forgot to review?

the INT was a weak call but no real replay so who knows
Was the 7 yard issue reviewed? I thought it was a fumble until I saw the replay. Accusing a ref of intentionally screwing SU on that play is silly.

it was clear live he hit the ground and really clear on both replays.. i didnt say the ref screwed us, i am convinced the replay guys are eating tacos and dont look up unless the crowd gets loud.. like the FSU game today they allowed a TD for no reason..

I have felt this way all year also! The GTech game we had 9 for 91, tech didn't have 1 penalty!
And Tech is on of the most heavily penalized teams in the ACC. They just played really clean that day. Like when an o-lineman pulled, took two steps and then they hiked the ball and no call. Just a great move by the o-lineman for Ga Tech must be. They were back to their 9 or more penalties per game the next week. I believe they had one penalty called in the middle of 4rth quarter, their first of the game that was actually called, and it, of course, was offset by a call against SYR. Even my son, a Ga Tech grad, said it couldn't have been more obvious the refs had an agenda.

All weekend from Thursday on, all I heard on the radio was the Yankee team invading the south again. Thought it was just dumb jock talk radio. The game removed any doubt however how we will be treated by the ACC officials. We have to be just that much better 'cause we aren't going to get a fair shake. Shouldn't be that way, but so far it couldn't be more obvious.

All the penalties are legit.

I thought the PI on Whigham was poop. He's going to be such a good corner.

I thought West got away with a push off on the replay reversed circus catch, so it evens out. Of course, we threw a pick on the very next play.

Rewatching now. The second prodedure penalty called on hickey didn't seem to exist and on the rome 4th down conversion a maryland played takes a swing at a cuse lineman on the ground.

Rewatching now. The second prodedure penalty called on hickey didn't seem to exist and on the rome 4th down conversion a maryland played takes a swing at a cuse lineman on the ground.

Watch it again, He took a swing because #60 put him on his back with a forearm in his facemask.

Of course that was a legal block, just saying, I saw it too.

I thought we were getting screwed by the officials too but after watching a bunch of other ACC games this season i believe the ACC officials are just that bad, the perfect example was the Clem/FSU game a few weeks ago. Although that PI on Whigham was the worse call i have ever seen. Perfect postion.

it was clear live he hit the ground and really clear on both replays.. i didnt say the ref screwed us, i am convinced the replay guys are eating tacos and dont look up unless the crowd gets loud.. like the FSU game today they allowed a TD for no reason..

it was some rule called competitive disadvantage or something. the announcers were talking about it and laughing. they had never heard of it

i know they have a rule to cover things not covered in the rules.. ignoring the mistake they made with that rule is comical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom