It's Official | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It's Official

Honestly, I like this hire more then the Scott frost idea. Previous head coaching experience, explosive offense, conference champion. Personally I wanted Montgomery from the start but babers deffinetly grew on me and I'm ecstatic about this hire. Explosive offense in the dome is everything I have wished for.

Honestly, I like this hire more then the Scott frost idea. Previous head coaching experience, explosive offense, conference champion. Personally I wanted Montgomery from the start but babers deffinetly grew on me and I'm ecstatic about this hire. Explosive offense in the dome is everything I have wished for.
It checks all the boxes.

V75YH87.gif

This is a fantastic hire. We have tried to forge an identity as a defensive team and let's face it, we haven't had a dominant defense (or even a great one) in a long time. The last time we had a really good defense was Freeney's senior year and he was the guy everybody knew they had to game plan for. Point is Freeney was to he straw that stirred that defense, not our system.

Now we can refocus our identity as a fun (imagine that), offense-first team. My only concern is will we have the horses next year. We need playmakers, especially wide receivers. I hope Babers will bring in some wideouts and Mo Neal comes on board too. His system will work great in the Dome but Dino needs playmakers to make it work.

neither had been D1 coaches.

I think Massachusetts was a "University Division" school for Coach Mac's first two years as HC. In 1973 the NCAA went to DI, DII and DIII and UMASS was a Division I school.

Awesome day for the program! Really excited to see him take over the program.

As somebody else noted, Jimbo, Dabo and now Dino.

Here we come ACC!

Better than a bisyllabic trifecta - Jimbo, Dabo, Bronco, and Dino! Need I say more?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom