It's Official | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

It's Official

Happy_gif.gif

Miami could have gone after Baber's but didn't want him. Mizzou could have but didn't want him. Same with Maryland. I could go on. UCF hired a search firm to do their coaching search. The search firm was smart enough to want Baber's. It implies the search firm (who are people who absolutely know who the best coaches are for any situation) wanted Baber's more than Frost. Lucky for us he turned them down.

There are many great coaches out there, but I think it's very hard to argue that any of them make more sense for the dome than Baber's!

Ahhhh ... Dick MacPherson?

You guys must be new around here.

Not a head coach when he was hired, had been at UMass.
Only other head coach hire that was head coach when hired was Swartzwalder at Muhlenburg.

Not a head coach when he was hired, had been at UMass.
Only other head coach hire that was head coach when hired was Swartzwalder at Muhlenburg.

Not sure you are right about MacPherson at UMass. He was there twice. Once as an asst and once as HC. I just looked it up.

Not sure you are right about MacPherson at UMass. He was there twice. Once as an asst and once as HC. I just looked it up.
He he was not at UMass at all when we hired him, in any capacity! At the time of our hire he was assistant in the NFL.

He he was not at UMass at all when we hired him, in any capacity! At the time of our hire he was assistant in the NFL.

He was at UMASS from 1973-1977 when they were in the Yankee conference as HC, it was considered Division 2 back then and in 1977 they made the Division 2 Quarterfinals and lost.

So he was a HC, just not at the D1 level. Whether we hired him directly from UMASS or not, he still was head coach there, just not at the D1 level and still relevant in his career.

He was at UMASS from 1973-1977 when they were in the Yankee conference as HC, it was considered Division 2 back then and in 1977 they made the Division 2 Quarterfinals and lost.

So he was a HC, just not at the D1 level. Whether we hired him directly from UMASS or not, he still was head coach there, just not at the D1 level and still relevant in his career.
IN my previous posts that is what I said, but thanks for your reiteration and expansion on the topic.

Welcome to Syracuse Dino Babers; thank you Mark Coyle!
This is a great hire and brings us into the hunt for an eventual ACC championship and more.
Now it's recruiting time!
Dino on bike giphy.gif

Here is a new fan cheer activity for next season, Go Dino;
Go Orange!
Rawrpost-13647-RAWR-hand-dinosaur-jFta.gif

Begin practicing, we only have 9 months!

Miami could have gone after Baber's but didn't want him. Mizzou could have but didn't want him. Same with Maryland. I could go on. UCF hired a search firm to do their coaching search. The search firm was smart enough to want Baber's. It implies the search firm (who are people who absolutely know who the best coaches are for any situation) wanted Baber's more than Frost. Lucky for us he turned them down.

There are many great coaches out there, but I think it's very hard to argue that any of them make more sense for the dome than Baber's!

This isn't really accurate. He was wanted by one of the P5 programs you mention and one other program that you didn't mention. We were not his only offer by any means..

and please SU come out with the announcement of a $400-500 million dollar committtment to football with a new stadium and add that to the mix.

Hmmmm. Not sure I'm likin' this. Maybe Isis a**holes are OK with it, but not me. You can do better...Oh Lord:eek:Oh Lord:eek:Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom