It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 127 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I would suspect Ainge wouldn't pull the trigger on draft swap unless he was absolutely certain that what he was getting back was going to get him what he wants.
Ainge has no clue he is getting who he wants at 3.
The Lakers could go either Ball or Jackson.

If he wants Tatum at 3 I will be even more pissed than now. All he got is 1 pick to go 2 spots. It's 2-5 next year or it's the 2019 Kings pick which is a pure gamble.

Ainge has no clue he is getting who he wants at 3.
The Lakers could go either Ball or Jackson.

If he wants Tatum at 3 I will be even more pissed than now. All he got is 1 pick to go 2 spots. It's 2-5 next year or it's the 2019 Kings pick which is a pure gamble.
Eh, let's see how it all plays out.

I would suspect Ainge wouldn't pull the trigger on draft swap unless he was absolutely certain that what he was getting back was going to get him what he wants.

This assumes that Ainge knows what he wants.

For Celtics fans this is the offer Danny made for Paul George today.

MEM + LAC pick , James Young and one of Jae Crowder or Terry Rozier.

For Celtics fans this is the offer Danny made for Paul George today.

MEM + LAC pick , James Young and one of Jae Crowder or Terry Rozier.

I'm not a Boston fan, but unless I thought I could keep PG, I'm not trading for him for a year.

I think they should focus on AD... then Blake/Hayward.

You guys are close and either need to take on Bron for the next 3-4 years (unless he goes West) or just build for post-Bron.

Just my 0.02.

I'm not a Boston fan, but unless I thought I could keep PG, I'm not trading for him for a year.

I think they should focus on AD... then Blake/Hayward.

You guys are close and either need to take on Bron for the next 3-4 years (unless he goes West) or just build for post-Bron.

Just my 0.02.
If they can get Paul George for a non-Brooklyn, the pick they just acquired from Philly I would do it.

One year you could win PG over if you got to the ECF and then just go across the country to a rebuild in LA.

Lakers only have 23 million in cap space. The Deng/Mozgov contracts have 3 more years and eat up 36 million in cap space.
These are the salaries of Los Angeles Lakers players this season

If PG-13 goes to the Lakers next year he eats up that space and the team only can trade Russell/Randle/Randolph/this years pick to get a second star.

Ideally I want Hayward, George, and this year's pick to go after Cleveland further next year.

If they can get Paul George for a non-Brooklyn, the pick they just acquired from Philly I would do it.

One year you could win PG over if you got to the ECF and then just go across the country to a rebuild in LA.

Lakers only have 23 million in cap space. The Deng/Mozgov contracts have 3 more years and eat up 36 million in cap space.
These are the salaries of Los Angeles Lakers players this season

If PG-13 goes to the Lakers next year he eats up that space and the team only can trade Russell/Randle/Randolph/this years pick to get a second star.

Ideally I want Hayward, George, and this year's pick to go after Cleveland further next year.

Boston is in one of the most interesting spaces I've ever seen for a franchise. Nothing would surprise me. I think Ainge has been pretty good and Stevens is just an amazing coach.

If any team could rejuvenate Blake, I think the Celtics could do it.

As for my Knicks... Welp.

Boston is in one of the most interesting spaces I've ever seen for a franchise. Nothing would surprise me. I think Ainge has been pretty good and Stevens is just an amazing coach.

If I were running the Knicks I wouldn't trade a first round pick for the next decade. Since 2010 the Knicks are tied with the Miami Heat for fewest first round picks taken.
Only 3. The team has traded to many first round picks.

Just stop trading them and build thru the draft.

He just averaged 22/8/5/1 this season; I don't think he needs to be rejuvenated much lol.

If he simply gets away from CP3 and DeAndre, I think his numbers would go up a lot. He could easily flirt with averaging a triple double if he were the centerpiece of an offense.

He just averaged 22/8/5/1 this season; I don't think he needs to be rejuvenated much lol.

If he simply gets away from CP3 and DeAndre, I think his numbers would go up a lot. He could easily flirt with averaging a triple double if he were the centerpiece of an offense.

That's fair. I guess I'm referring when he was a consensus top 10 player, even top 5.

Great points. Hadn't considered it that way.

Still think he's too fragile to give away the farm for...

If I were running the Knicks I wouldn't trade a first round pick for the next decade. Since 2010 the Knicks are tied with the Miami Heat for fewest first round picks taken.
Only 3. The team has traded to many first round picks.

Just stop trading them and build thru the draft.

The last Knicks first round pick to stick around with the team past his rookie deal? Any guesses?

Not Wilson Chandler or Fyre?

Chandler was with the Knicks for a while I thought.

I went back an d checked, because I vaguely remembered reading the stat. Chandler was traded right before the end of his fourth year. Frye only made it like 2 years. David Lee is kind of a cheat, he spent 5 years with the Knicks, but the fifth year he basically signed the QO, which I believe is considered part of the initial rookie deal.

Yeah...good luck with that without including Love or Kyrie. Honestly doubt they could make this happen even including Love.

That article I linked to has Love going to Phoenix as part of a 3-team deal.

This supposed activity leads me to think -- and hope -- that Dan Gilbert is gonna hold onto David Griffin. I think he's done an outstanding job tweaking the roster the last three years, including taking the lead mid-season last year on jettisoning Blatt.
The Intriguing Package The Cavs Will Reportedly Offer GM David Griffin

So the Phoenix, Cleveland, Chicago 3 way would look like this.

4th pick, Marquese Chriss, Eric Bledsoe to Chicago

Jimmy Butler to Cleveland

Kevin Love to Phoenix.

So the Phoenix, Cleveland, Chicago 3 way would look like this.

4th pick, Marquese Chriss, Eric Bledsoe to Chicago

Jimmy Butler to Cleveland

Kevin Love to Phoenix.

Why in god's name would Phoenix do that though? lol That would be a truly horrific trade for them.

I'm dropping four-lettered words that Syracusefan.com will not allow right now. Dan Gilbert's an idiot -- a filthy rich idiot. He supposedly, from what I've read, doesn't like to pay for gm's, figures others in the front office can move up through the ranks. He's also supposedly super hands-on. I almost can't wait to see the short-sighted schmuck squirm and sweat when LBJ heads to the Lakers.

I'm dropping four-lettered words that Syracusefan.com will not allow right now. Dan Gilbert's an idiot -- a filthy rich idiot. He supposedly, from what I've read, doesn't like to pay for gm's, figures others in the front office can move up through the ranks. He's also supposedly super hands-on. I almost can't wait to see the short-sighted schmuck squirm and sweat when LBJ heads to the Lakers.

Chauncey Billups likely will get that job or LeBron's agent Leon Rose.