It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Does Boston have enough pieces to get Paul George?
Jaylen Brown, 2 Brooklyn picks including a probable top 3 and decent chance even better enough?

I believe Bird has said there's no way he's trading George, and really, why would he? especially with the new extension rules.

Does Boston have enough pieces to get Paul George?
Jaylen Brown, 2 Brooklyn picks including a probable top 3 and decent chance even better enough?

With the new CBA making it much easier to retain guys like PG13, I think it would cost a lot more than that to get him.

Going to my first Wizards game since my move to the DC area :cool: I'm way more excited than I should be to see a Wizards-T'Wolves matchup haha.

Going to my first Wizards game since my move to the DC area :cool: I'm way more excited than I should be to see a Wizards-T'Wolves matchup haha.
I've seen a game there. It's a good time.

I've seen a game there. It's a good time.

Only games I've seen at the Verizon Center were games that MCW led us to the Final Four, which, needless to say was an amazing time.

I'm pretty excited though; I've wanted to live in a city with major league sports teams my entire life.

Huge comeback, and for a team that's made it a habit to blow leads at the ends of games. This was a big win for the Bucks. Metrics suggest they're one of the top 10 teams in the NBA right now.

Did you read the SI story on freak? Really good

It's open on my browser right now but I haven't had a chance to actually read it

Question I had for my friend, who (unfortunately) is a Knicks fan. Would you (knicks) trade KP for Giannis? And would you (Bucks) do the trade?

Question I had for my friend, who (unfortunately) is a Knicks fan. Would you (knicks) trade KP for Giannis? And would you (Bucks) do the trade?

If I were the Knicks, I'd pull the trigger in a New York minute. If I were the Bucks, not so much.

If I were the Knicks, I'd pull the trigger in a New York minute. If I were the Bucks, not so much.

I think his lack of shooting is a legitimate knock on Freak. KP hasn't quite developed as much as Giannis. I could really see either guy turning out to be the better player.

There's no chance Milwaukee does that deal. Honestly don't think there's a player in the NBA that Milwaukee would trade him for. You could make a strong case he's somewhere in the top 5-8 right now as a 22 year old still growing into his body.

There's no chance Milwaukee does that deal. Honestly don't think there's a player in the NBA that Milwaukee would trade him for. You could make a strong case he's somewhere in the top 5-8 right now as a 22 year old still growing into his body.

Funny thing is I don't think the Knicks would make the trade either, and I totally get where you're coming from.

This may be less of an issue with the new CBA making it easier to retain players, but Giannis has also made it clear he wants to be in Milwaukee for a long time, which is a key thing for a team in a less than prime market. (To be kind)

That's a bit of a stretch on the 5-8 thing right now, but his future is intriguing.

That's a bit of a stretch on the 5-8 thing right now, but his future is intriguing.

For what it's worth (I have no idea, somewhere between "a lot" and "nothing" Giannis is currently second in ESPN's real plus/minus.

The top 10 is

Chris Paul
Freak
Lebron
Lowry
Dray
Butler
Russ
Harden
Steph
Durant

Which, if nothing else, is a pretty good list of the best players in the league. The ordering isn't perfect, of course.

For what it's worth (I have no idea, somewhere between "a lot" and "nothing" Giannis is currently second in ESPN's real plus/minus.

The top 10 is

Chris Paul
Freak
Lebron
Lowry
Dray
Butler
Russ
Harden
Steph
Durant

Which, if nothing else, is a pretty good list of the best players in the league. The ordering isn't perfect, of course.
Pfft, stats are for losers.

I really don't think it is. Every metric out there suggests it might be underselling his current level of play if anything.

I really don't think it is. Every metric out there suggests it might be underselling his current level of play if anything.
I'd like to see him win more before putting him up there, is all.

My top 8 in no particular order...
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook
Leonard
Curry
Harden
Paul
Davis

I think I'd put Giannis 9th though. And rising. He'll be top 5 before long, at this rate.

First batch of all-star voting is in and the resulting starting lineups would be:

East:
Kyrie
D-Wade
LeBron
Giannis
Kevin Love

West:
Steph
Harden
Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Zaza Pachulia

First batch of all-star voting is in and the resulting starting lineups would be:

East:
Kyrie
D-Wade
LeBron
Giannis
Kevin Love

West:
Steph
Harden
Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Zaza Pachulia
I have disagreements.

My top 8 in no particular order...
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook
Leonard
Curry
Harden
Paul
Davis

I think I'd put Giannis 9th though. And rising. He'll be top 5 before long, at this rate.

I currently have:
  1. LeBron
  2. Durant
  3. Harden
  4. Westbrook
  5. Steph
  6. CP3
  7. Giannis
  8. Kawhi
  9. Unibrow
  10. Cousins