Its super sad | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Its super sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the replacement has to be someone from within the family than he is by far away the top choice. Give me Hop over GMAC. However RF2044 Has been 100% on the money with his take for who’s next
Who’s his choice? I must have missed it

Never said anything about saviors. I don’t know if the class was ever top 15 according to ESPN. The other services rate us higher.
They were 15 on 24/7, they’ve dropped.

OK, so you’re not doing nuance today. Hooray for black and white Sunday.
I’m all for nuance, but I think blaming leaving the BE for this is dumb.

I also think maybe not living locally may cause you and a few others to be blind to JB’s warts.

I’m all for nuance, but I think blaming leaving the BE for this is dumb.

I also think maybe not living locally may cause you and a few others to be blind to JB’s warts.
John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I love SU probably more than I should and its why i go off the rails and make an arse out of myself half the time on this board. As a kid i used to wait for the paper to arrive. Couldn't wait to read about basketball. Football weekends were the best. The Old Scout, cutting the line ups out and going to the game with my dad. Rain or shine we would always get a loaf from Columbus and hit the Varsity. If I ever got lost my dad told me to simply " Meet at Lincoln" . Roy's Runts, Shagging balls for Bens teams, The Pstate games, Watching the academies enter Arch, Being in awe of UCLA when they came to town sitting there wondering what California was like, Listening to Joel, Up the invisible ladder on radio and of course the great moments with The Lee Brothers, Sweet D and his magical pre game, The Miami loss when Chris came up short, The Owens craziness, Destroying Pstate, Manley is officially closed and most recently some of Jims great runs in the tournament. All pure magic. Today I want that back. Want SU to be great again as I know we can. It makes me sick to see the program in this position and even sadder because of his kids. I hope that somehow Jim catches lighting in a bottle and turns it around. Maybe a late season run, and we pull of a miracle. I don't know but I do know I hate where we currently are.
i have felt all of what you had said. and lived thru it as well.--very sad. however, even if jb does turn it around, this year, he should call it a day. as you said --he is the face of all things syracuse----he is a total asset to the city, philanthropy and the university. i would hope he would find something else or remain at the university in some executive capacity.
nevertheless, i would only want the best for him, AND for our program. he has made syracuse baskeball, and needs to turn the keys over.

I’m not disputing any of that. I agree Nova will be in trouble after Wright retires. NE basketball overall is taking a hit. Part of it is due to realignment. That means the Big East as well as the NE teams that left.

We had to join the ACC. We can make it work. But it’s silly to act like nothing’s changed.

Cole Anthony types don't finish at places like Archbishop Molloy like they used to. Huge NE hit.

Winter Olympics coming up. I remember during the 2014 Winter Olympics we were #1 and undefeated. The Today Show had a fun piece showing Baye with a broom and basketball pretending to be a curler. The rest of the team was cheering him on as he made his way down the court towards the scoring rings with the ball rolling and him sweeping (I think the scoring ring was the basketball key). It was great, a 7-foot basketball player doing impromptu curling with a basketball and broom. I miss the days when we were so good we were on The Today Show.

Last edited:
Halftime:

Oregon 48, Washington 13.
After watching that game I came away with the feeling that all these major teams are pouring money into the NIL. Can Syracuse compete with that?

LOL how so. It certainly has more substance the the BE to ACC change.
Like I said yesterday, I can’t even begin to have this conversation with you until you allow for nuance. I tried to have the conversation anyway and that was my fault.

After watching that game I came away with the feeling that all these major teams are pouring money into the NIL. Can Syracuse compete with that?

Schools don’t pour money into NIL. Businesses and outside individuals do.

Schools don’t pour money into NIL. Businesses and outside individuals do.
However you want to define it. Is Nike seperate from Oregon, or are they like an NGO is to government. However it's structured, a lot of these teams look like they are operating under a different set of rules, and they are.

Dude, all due respect, but you’re turning into a “Johnny-one-note”.
We get it…you loved the BE and would rather have not left.
But at what point do you get it that (a) We had to leave, & (b) It can’t be reversed? We’re an ACC team now, & guess what, that’s not why we’ve been having issues in the program.
If you really believe that the only reason we’re in this mess, is because we changed conferences, then I don’t know what to tell you.
It’s alot more complicated than that. But yet you cling to the fantasy of a BE Membership like it’s the holy grail. It’s not, ok? Let it go. SMDH
Yes, we gladly joined the ACC for $ and football. No, we are not going back to the BE. Never-the-less, fact is that we don't belong in the ACC. All the old NE teams have crashed in the ACC. In my crystal ball we will be a has been. We will first hire within, and later from outside. It won't matter. There was a time when Prov. or SH had no chance recruiting against us. Tables have turned. Former NE teams are not a good fit in a southern conference.

Yes, we gladly joined the ACC for $ and football. No, we are not going back to the BE. Never-the-less, fact is that we don't belong in the ACC. All the old NE teams have crashed in the ACC. In my crystal ball we will be a has been. We will first hire within, and later from outside. It won't matter. There was a time when Prov. or SH had no chance recruiting against us. Tables have turned. Former NE teams are not a good fit in a southern conference.

We lost a five star recruit to Notre Dame. And another to Louisville. So it seems the same as it always was.

Yeah because BC has always been a power and Pittsburgh never hired Kevin Stallings.

And Georgetown is as great as they’ve always been.

C’mon.

SH has our best player from last year because we wouldn’t bench Joe Girard for him. It was the coaches doing.

Notre Dame has had way more success in the ACC basketball wise than in the BE.
They won a conference tournament something they never did in the BE and made back to back elite 8’s.

Pitt was fine till they pushed Dixon out. That marriage may happen again as both sides have underachievered without the other.

Syracuse has done it to itself.

The ACC isn’t why we struggle its the HC roster management and talent.

Notre Dame has had way more success in the ACC basketball wise than in the BE.
They won a conference tournament something they never did in the BE and made back to back elite 8’s.

Pitt was fine till they pushed Dixon out. That marriage may happen again as both sides have underachievered without the other.

Syracuse has done it to itself.

The ACC isn’t why we struggle its the HC roster management and talent.

Facts don't care about his feelings.

let it go GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors