It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers

any new hire is required to meet certain standards . perhaps the university and fan base has to decide this year what are our standards and is babers meeting them ? if he's meeting standards why let him go ? great guy.
if not ...tell him nice is not enuf. we want results. and by results we mean wins .

any new hire is required to meet certain standards . perhaps the university and fan base has to decide this year what are our standards and is babers meeting them ? if he's meeting standards why let him go ? great guy.
if not ...tell him nice is not enuf. we want results. and by results we mean wins .

The fan base? Yea, you aren’t getting a say in setting the standards.

The fan base? Yea, you aren’t getting a say in setting the standards.
fans vote with their butts in the seats. don't ever kid yourself. they make the final call. it's called $money$.

Last edited:
fans vote with butts in the seats.don't kid yourself. they make the final call. $money$.

let me know what you decide this year what the standards will be for a new coach. Tell JW too.

if you don't have minimum standards bees clearly defined already in your mind then you're just coasting.
set a goal and meet it or hit the bricks. your approach is carte blanche. la di da that don't work anyplace.

if you don't have minimum standards bees clearly defined already in your mind then you're just coasting.
set a goal and meet it or hit the bricks. your approach is carte blanche. la di da that don't work anyplace.
1575067732723.png

Did you read your own post? The above is not what you originally said. Now you’re just changing it to appear right.

no charts but there's this theory
"Humans resort to denial to avoid the anxiety that accompanies cognitive dissonance — that uncomfortable, sometimes disturbing feeling of losing our emotional equilibrium when we are faced with new information that challenges our worldview or when we hold beliefs that contradict known facts."

and that known fact is we aren't that good.

no charts but there's this theory
"Humans resort to denial to avoid the anxiety that accompanies cognitive dissonance — that uncomfortable, sometimes disturbing feeling of losing our emotional equilibrium when we are faced with new information that challenges our worldview or when we hold beliefs that contradict known facts."

and that known fact is we aren't that good.

around and around you go.

please tell us your minimum standards for the program por favor. enlighten us bees. last place ok ?

please tell us your minimum standards for the program por favor. enlighten us bees. last place ok ?

your last few posts have nothing to do with your original claim that the fans this year would help set the standards for a future coach. You’re just spinning in circles now trying to deflect from what you said.

and learn to use the reply button.

you cant go by LSU this year and say the new coach made all that difference, they have multiple off the charts WR and the likely Heisman qb. They might continue that on or they may find like many schools when you hit the mother load it doesnt happen every year.. IE auburn/UL. OK is the only one that seems to do it yrs in a row and Clemson has done it pretty well but even that QB has regressed this yr.

fans votes with their seats. what's so unclear. and now you answer. minimum standard for the program ?

That wasnt what i asked. It doesn't matter who we recruit. What matters is who is admitted. My point is that the NCAA and ACC rules for admission are the same for all conference teams. SU and Louisville might recruit a different level student but Louisville nor any other team cant allow a kid to play that doesn't meet the minimum admission standards.
Remember how upset Marrone was that hogan wasn't admitted to Newhouse? Hogan would have got in to any school that he wanted at Louisville.

fans votes with their seats. what's so unclear. and now you answer. minimum standard for the program ?

fans in the seats this year isn’t going to determine if Babers is retained. And I have multiple minimum standards. Which one are you talking about?

artful dodger. listen i don't hate babers. but i don't like losing either.

artful dodger. listen i don't hate babers. but i don't like losing either.

What did I dodge? You’re the one that went in circles every post. And if you’re talking strictly wins and loses, I don’t have a minimum standard to keep me from going. I’m not a casual or front running fan. I support the program regardless.

what a great boss you'd be. no standards . don't even have to show up saturday and your job is safe.

We should be thankful to have Dino because there is no one out there that SU could hire who is better. We’ve gone 15 years without a top 40 class in recruiting. Nothing will change until we recruit better. I’m not sure anyone can recruit top players to SU.

what a great boss you'd be. no standards . don't even have to show up saturday and your job is safe.

there you go again. Around and around. I’m not the boss. I’m a fan. Oh, and I was a “boss” for 20 years.

Lol, my evidence was very clear, and it points to one thing.

Who's posts have you been reading?

Barbers got a raise and extension. The players were moved into new housing. The AD is investing massively in a whole new athletic complex while its being constantly upgraded. What else is there?

Barbers got a raise and extension. The players were moved into new housing. The AD is investing massively in a whole new athletic complex while its being constantly upgraded. What else is there?
Don't get me started , I don't think Bees has the patience.

What new athletic complex? Never heard of such a plan for a whole new athletic complex.
What new Athletic housing? I know it's in the plan but nothing has been built yet a far as I know.

Links or evidence for both please...

EDIT: Also, the evidence I am speaking of are the results. We currently have basically the same results that we got from Shafer and worse than Marrone. With this amazingly fantastical investment in the program that everyone seems so high on, where are the results? It's clearly not enough to move the needle.

Last edited:
The only way in hell that I would consider firing Baber’s is if the athletic department finally I wouldn’t say wake up but wanted to contend and shell out the money that it takes to be at the top then maybe but still even after you do all that you’re still dealing with no talent base in the local area for recruiting.

Frankly I am very surprised that we were good for so long at one time with the deficiencies that we have to deal with. It really pisses me off to say that but is the truth in my opinion

Don't get me started , I don't think Bees has the patience.

What new athletic complex? Never heard of such a plan for a whole new athletic complex.
What new Athletic housing? I know it's in the plan but nothing has been built yet a far as I know.

Links or evidence for both please...

EDIT: Also, the evidence I am speaking of are the results. We currently have basically the same results that we got from Shafer and worse than Marrone. With this amazingly fantastical investment in the program that everyone seems so high on, where are the results? It's clearly not enough to move the needle.

Lally's 25 million contribution. Wildhack and team are actively courting donors for this project. Many here have had that talk. It's a pretty solid pitch.

The hoop and football team moved into University Village. I believe this is year one of that. Dino now private jets to recruits.

Marrone coached in the Big East.

Not sure people realized how badly Gross and Nancy tanked the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom