It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers

I understand, but it's interesting how some posters will choose to respond to one who posts a hot take, but isn't as lofty in a deemed fabled pedestal reputation, etc., and then choose to focus entirely on the hot take vs. other credible or factual info. Jeez, I mean some of the posts I see in the games threads aren't any different. I don't know about whether this OP has an "agenda" or not, other than all of us here having the same universal agenda...for our beloved Syracuse program to be successful.
There's a board hierarchy? I thought it was just a big food fight with some occasional game analysis, comedic wizardry, and Seinfeld references tossed in.

The issue with this team is we aren’t stacked with a deep roster.
Our OL was awful for 9 games.
The coaching staff should have made changes earlier that is on Dino.
DeVito is young and honestly made a lot of mistakes that shouldn’t happen.
The holding onto the ball, the terrible picks the offense has been poor.

The DL has been underachieving.

Blame Dino for bad coaching decisions. If he had a roster with better talent he wouldn’t be the issue.
Its his roster. I like Dino too, but he owns this mess.

I mean, the OP led with “Babers has to go.”

That’s...gonna get a lot of focus.

Yes, it got the attention it intended. Although, it isn't any different than so many of the headlines out there in articles today that are far juicier than the succeeding body. That being said, one still has the clear choice to focus on that hot take, or partake in the other facts he brought up, as in our record one game short of year four, our bottom third conference recruiting rankings, etc.

Butch Davis or Lane Kiffin?

Lane kiffin would be fun heavens forbid we lose Dino one way or another.

Yeah I'd be fine with Kiffin but understand why others wouldn't

Exact same thing huh? EXACT? Except for the 10-3 season? That’s not “exact same” now is it?

Also, your Marrone point was off. He had a great season in his last year here and then got a better job in the NFL.

This is a classic Syracuse.com type of throwback post.

A "great" season for Marrone in his last year is very debatable and an exaggeration in my opinion. A 6-6 regular season that included a miracle comeback against USF and an eeked-out win against Missouri, who was without All-American Sheldon Richardson is not what I'd call "great."

As for Dino - I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but man do I have a lot of doubts these days. This season has been an abject disaster and is shaping up to be the third 4-8 seasons in Dino's four seasons here. There's not much of a positive spin to put on that, unfortunately.

Gentlemen,

Faith is belief without evidence...but we cannot believe if we had one fluke season out of four in Babers tenure here. Wildhack and the Athletic Department better get moving...and moving fast. Babers is in over his head. Look at the stats...

Our Record
2016...4-8
2017...4-8
2018...10-3; and I honestly do not give him much credit that year led by a senior quarterback in Eric Dungey, 5th year senior wideout in Custis, veteran offensive line and most importantly a weak strength of schedule. Louisville was down last year...Florida State was down last year...UNC was very bad that year, but are much better this year as they may make a bowl this year. That record was a paper tiger.
2019...soon to be 4-8 after an increase in season tickets.

Overall record...22-27 with a fluke 10-3 season in there. Guys the ACC is not a gauntlet...Take out the outlier and its an average record of 4-8. This is Shafer-esque. Our defense is getting shredded and our offense has been figured out.

Player Morale
Dino has lost this team...Harris with his outbursts which are visible on the field...players laughing and joking around on the sideline after getting their butts kicked in. DIno does not even look engaged on the sideline. I saw the same loss of emotion with Marrone the year before he left. It is a sense of giving up or he doesn't know how to fix the issue.

Recruiting
We are recruiting worse and worse every year. We are at the bottom of the ACC in recruiting even after a 10 win season. We already fired our D-coordinator. Face it---Dino's defense is pathetic with the talent that is back there. The offense is not the new fast as we have got out-gained throughout the year.

My passion is still there, but tonight and this season was an eye-opener. Disucss.
1574573945176.jpeg

A "great" season for Marrone in his last year is very debatable and an exaggeration in my opinion. A 6-6 regular season that included a miracle comeback against USF and an eeked-out win against Missouri, who was without All-American Sheldon Richardson is not what I'd call "great."

As for Dino - I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but man do I have a lot of doubts these days. This season has been an abject disaster and is shaping up to be the third 4-8 seasons in Dino's four seasons here. There's not much of a positive spin to put on that, unfortunately.
He was 7-5 in the regular season his last year with a beatdown of WVU in the Pinstripe Bowl. I'd gladly sign up for that every year.

He was 7-5 in the regular season his last year with a beatdown of WVU in the Pinstripe Bowl. I'd gladly sign up for that every year.
In an awful conference, that team would have gotten eaten alive in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom