Class of 2015 - It's tough to take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 It's tough to take

I think that anything that restricts a kid's ability to ultimately choose (and take his time while doing so) what's best for him is wrong. Honestly, the only people pushing early signing in football would be G5 and fans.

Look at it this way; you take a job paying 65K per year. The next week, you get an offer for a job paying 98K a year. Too bad, though, as you signed on and you're now stuck. We wouldn't want to live/work under those kinds of conditions, why would we force 18 year kids to do the same?

I agree that you shouldn't restrict the kids ability to choose where he/she wants to go... It's a big decision, most likely the biggest they've faced up until then.

But, let's flip the argument.

Say you get the 98K job offer, but, it's contingent on you signing that week. If you wait, you'll be left with a 65K job offer only. The only thing I like about early signing is that I don't think coaches will be able to pull offers late in the process.

I agree that you shouldn't restrict the kids ability to choose where he/she wants to go... It's a big decision, most likely the biggest they've faced up until then.

But, let's flip the argument.

Say you get the 98K job offer, but, it's contingent on you signing that week. If you wait, you'll be left with a 65K job offer only. The only thing I like about early signing is that I don't think coaches will be able to pull offers late in the process.

Had that exact same scenario. Back in the summer, WKU attempted to deadline Steven. Said he had two weeks or they were going to move on. WKU kept pestering him until November.

Had that exact same scenario. Back in the summer, WKU attempted to deadline Steven. Said he had two weeks or they were going to move on. WKU kept pestering him until November.

Overplayed their hand just like UM with that DE from Nebraska. "You need us more than we need you"... ummm then why are we even talking right now?

Id go the other way and increase scholies to 100 since you're allowed 25 per year. If a highly touted recruit wants to go play with 4 others of similar stature at a school so be it. The benefit could be less athletes choosing to do so but more importantly schools couldn't plan on the academic failures of non quals and it should open up more paid years for walk ons which I would be a huge fan of.
Title IX says goodbye baseball, wrestling or soccer.

I'm all for an early signing period, look at it this way, works pretty well for college basketball. Recruiting isn't nearly as hectic and kids still have the option to sign early or late. Less stress on the coaching staff, less stress on the kid and his family.

early signing period is for kids who want to sign. nobody is going to be forced to sign although I'm sure some coaches will give ultimatums. Sign or we start offering other kids. But if basketball has an early and late signing period. football can to.

It's pretty simple for the kids. If you don't feel you are ready to sign, or want to see if more opportunities arise, then don't sign early. You really can't lose with an early signing period. I bet you most of the big time prospects, who have been recruited since the 8th grade are ready to get it over with. I actually just read this article, on the recruitment of Brandon Wimbush, and Minka Fitzpartick, it's long but very good. http://www.sbnation.com/longform/20...15-profile-minkah-fitzpatrick-brandon-wimbush . I bet you Wimbush, or at very worst his coach, are in favor of an early signing period. Some of the rules would have to be changed, maybe allowing Juniors OV's (or can copy the basketball rules).

I really hope we see this sooner or later. There's just too much filth that surrounds the whole process. You don't really get that with basketball recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom