I've been around... lurking | Syracusefan.com

I've been around... lurking

RaoulDuke

Monster Dunk Connoisseur
judging, laughing, pointing...

I've dabbled in posting a few times over the years, but remembering my password turned out to be challenging enough. Especially after a few IPAs. I've kept in touch with a few of the guys on a separate email that we've been bouncing around for 4 or 5 or 10 years - I'll spare their names due to board-shaming events that we've all experienced once or twice, contents would make most blush... think of the board... with no manners. I remember living high on the hog, 2 heinekens, court-side at Hewitt and Sampras final of the USOPEN 2001, you're an angel Joyce those tickets were magic, Hewitt won his first major. A couple days later the buildings came down. Today, he retired... Young lad, lucky talented bastard, I'm not retired. I really love this board, I can't remember when, I remember losing in 87 and shedding a tear, keith smart and the ball just rolling behind the baseline and the clock ticking away, watched that game on a lil black and white tv in my bedroom as a young teenager. 96 stung like a mofo, I swear, when Wallace dunked it we were only down by 1 or so, couldn't hang on. What a year for the Big East though, Iverson, Kittles, Ray Allen, J-Dub. Then the board came, that was cool, we almost went 20-0 and until Lane started raining 3's at Seton Hall like 99 or 00. I posted then, I said it felt like a kick in the gut, Mason responded that he felt similarly ill. I remember being out for a late jog in NYC in 2002; being a Bills fan as well, and coming to grips that they would never win again, I said to myself, man if SU just wins a National Title, I'll be set. Joyce got us tickets in the American Cancer Society Booth to watch Carmelo's first game at the Garden. I was smoking then. It got uncomfortable when the sponsors came into a smoke filled booth, well that's another moment I regret in a long line of regretfulness. Holy though, Carmelo, he did this nifty step back baseline field goal from about 16 feet, we were hooked. And then it happened. Bang zoom to the moon. Spent all my money getting to New Orleans and going to those games, then afterward, in a dark creepy strip club a few blocks of Bourbon St., doamfoam leans over to me and whispers, 'I wish I was rich'. Well. Been a long time, and oddly, I like this team, I think they can win deep in the tourney... they just have to get there. Gbinije man that kid is special, and the role players around him... outstanding. I really hope these guys can put together a great game at UVa. I've hated the Cavs since Sampson left. That was a long time ago. I have spoken, no pants.

Last edited:
hell-has-frozen-over.jpg

Everyone remembers Keith Smart. Who remembers Steve Alford going 7 for 10 from 3, and it was the first year of the modern 3pter, which was set at 19'9"? It was easy to say that we would have won that game without the 3 pter, but I had since forgotten it. I guess its been a while...

I'm feeling good mojo all. Snowstorms in the south, SU winning in Cameron on calls that went our way, Roberson entering beast mode, and MONSTER DUNKS making his presence felt yet again. Winter is coming, and Syracuse is rising! Thanks to Raoul's triumphant return, I dedicate this mid '90s classic to him:

The Darius Lane game that dropped us to 19-1 was at the Dome.

But that post was awesome.

I'm feeling good mojo all. Snowstorms in the south, SU winning in Cameron on calls that went our way, Roberson entering beast mode, and MONSTER DUNKS making his presence felt yet again. Winter is coming, and Syracuse is rising! Thanks to Raoul's triumphant return, I dedicate this mid '90s classic to him:

oh welly well well well...

I've dabbled in posting a few times over the years, but remembering my password turned out to be challenging enough. Especially after a few IPAs. I've kept in touch with a few of the guys on a separate email that we've been bouncing around for 4 or 5 or 10 years - I'll spare their names due to board-shaming events that we've all experienced once or twice, contents would make most blush... think of the board... with no manners. I remember living high on the hog, 2 heinekens, court-side at Hewitt and Sampras final of the USOPEN 2001, you're an angel Joyce those tickets were magic, Hewitt won his first major. A couple days later the buildings came down. Today, he retired... Young lad, lucky talented bastard, I'm not retired. I really love this board, I can't remember when, I remember losing in 87 and shedding a tear, keith smart and the ball just rolling behind the baseline and the clock ticking away, watched that game on a lil black and white tv in my bedroom as a young teenager. 96 stung like a mofo, I swear, when Wallace dunked it we were only down by 1 or so, couldn't hang on. What a year for the Big East though, Iverson, Kittles, Ray Allen, J-Dub. Then the board came, that was cool, we almost went 20-0 and until Lane started raining 3's at Seton Hall like 99 or 00. I posted then, I said it felt like a kick in the gut, Mason responded that he felt similarly ill. I remember being out for a late jog in NYC in 2002; being a Bills fan as well, and coming to grips that they would never win again, I said to myself, man if SU just wins a National Title, I'll be set. Joyce got us tickets in the American Cancer Society Booth to watch Carmelo's first game at the Garden. I was smoking then. It got uncomfortable when the sponsors came into a smoke filled booth, well that's another moment I regret in a long line of regretfulness. Holy . . . . though, Carmelo, he did this nifty step back baseline field goal from about 16 feet, we were hooked. And then it happened. Bang zoom to the moon. Spent all my money getting to New Orleans and going to those games, then afterward, in a dark creepy strip club a few blocks of Bourbon St., doamfoam leans over to me and whispers, 'I wish I was rich'. Well. Been a long time, and oddly, I like this team, I think they can win deep in the tourney... they just have to get there. Gbinije man that kid is special, and the role players around him... outstanding. I really hope these guys can put together a great game at UVa. I've hated the Cavs since Sampson left. That was a long time ago. I have spoken, no pants.

Welcome back, dude..

Now, if we could just get a VIVAPERU post, I would be complete...

Free Curt B. and Tristan!
Didn't Tristan go to law school at Virginia, or was it Duke. I'm not sure how long he has been gone but it has to be since before we joined the ACC. I sure Bees knows the exact date and probably celebrates the anniversary of it.

I've dabbled in posting a few times over the years, but remembering my password turned out to be challenging enough. Especially after a few IPAs. I've kept in touch with a few of the guys on a separate email that we've been bouncing around for 4 or 5 or 10 years - I'll spare their names due to board-shaming events that we've all experienced once or twice, contents would make most blush... think of the board... with no manners. I remember living high on the hog, 2 heinekens, court-side at Hewitt and Sampras final of the USOPEN 2001, you're an angel Joyce those tickets were magic, Hewitt won his first major. A couple days later the buildings came down. Today, he retired... Young lad, lucky talented bastard, I'm not retired. I really love this board, I can't remember when, I remember losing in 87 and shedding a tear, keith smart and the ball just rolling behind the baseline and the clock ticking away, watched that game on a lil black and white tv in my bedroom as a young teenager. 96 stung like a mofo, I swear, when Wallace dunked it we were only down by 1 or so, couldn't hang on. What a year for the Big East though, Iverson, Kittles, Ray Allen, J-Dub. Then the board came, that was cool, we almost went 20-0 and until Lane started raining 3's at Seton Hall like 99 or 00. I posted then, I said it felt like a kick in the gut, Mason responded that he felt similarly ill. I remember being out for a late jog in NYC in 2002; being a Bills fan as well, and coming to grips that they would never win again, I said to myself, man if SU just wins a National Title, I'll be set. Joyce got us tickets in the American Cancer Society Booth to watch Carmelo's first game at the Garden. I was smoking then. It got uncomfortable when the sponsors came into a smoke filled booth, well that's another moment I regret in a long line of regretfulness. Holy . . . . though, Carmelo, he did this nifty step back baseline field goal from about 16 feet, we were hooked. And then it happened. Bang zoom to the moon. Spent all my money getting to New Orleans and going to those games, then afterward, in a dark creepy strip club a few blocks of Bourbon St., doamfoam leans over to me and whispers, 'I wish I was rich'. Well. Been a long time, and oddly, I like this team, I think they can win deep in the tourney... they just have to get there. Gbinije man that kid is special, and the role players around him... outstanding. I really hope these guys can put together a great game at UVa. I've hated the Cavs since Sampson left. That was a long time ago. I have spoken, no pants.

ummm... Can we pin this post?

I thiought tristan just has a new name?

The darius lane bank shot is burned into the back of my retinas. I was in 316 that day. Still recall that shot.

Didn't Tristan go to law school at Virginia, or was it Duke. I'm not sure how long he has been gone but it has to be since before we joined the ACC. I sure Bees knows the exact date and probably celebrates the anniversary of it.

Why did he leave? Was he banned or did he just disappear?

Agreed. If they can get there anything can happen this year with the balance all across the country.

Thanks for posting that Vid...one of my favorite jams from back in the day. 20 yrs ago...damn I getting old.

The Darius Lane game that dropped us to 19-1 was at the Dome.

But that post was awesome.
That team was built for m2m. Ran UConn off the court that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom