I've enjoyed your run pissing off so many people | Syracusefan.com

I've enjoyed your run pissing off so many people

WoadBlue

Starter
but it is now time for the Tar Heels to win another national title.

Its truly amazing, given the depth of your institutions's flagrant cheating, that UNC isn't the foil of national outrage. But that's okay--we're going to end your undeserved institution's mockery of amateur athletics this Saturday.

And then you'll have NCAA consequences to look forward to.

Prepare yourself:
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

You will lose.
It's entirely possible, and not just because Boeheim has his team playing with all the confidence it needs to take down anyone. UNC's outside shooting and perimeter D are erratic. If the Heels can't hit 3s and can't defend 3s, Syracuse can win the game, perhaps easily.

It's entirely possible, and not just because Boeheim has his team playing with all the confidence it needs to take down anyone. UNC's outside shooting and perimeter D are erratic. If the Heels can't hit 3s and can't defend 3s, Syracuse can win the game, perhaps easily.

Syracuse may win, but it won't be "easily". We all have lost years off of our lives because of this. :cool:

Cheers,
Neil

Its truly amazing, given the depth of your institutions's flagrant cheating, that UNC isn't the foil of national outrage. But that's okay--we're going to end your undeserved institution's mockery of amateur athletics this Saturday.

And then you'll have NCAA consequences to look forward to.
Being as stupid as a MooU Wuffie is no way to go through life, son.

Where have YOU been? We don't do anything easily, LOL! :D

Eh...We're the ultimate underdog. And to be honest as tough as SU has played in this tournament we can play better. We've made key shots but to be honest have not shot the ball as well as we are capable of. Who knows if we will Saturday but we have a chance. The 75-70 loss at UNC on senior night tells me that. Marcus Paige is over rated and Ole Roy still hasn't figured out that Hicks should be starting (same could be said of Lydon though, I guess the coaches have their reasons). Joel Berry got hot and was one of the biggest reasons we lost the last game. UNC is very deep but this is tournament time. The game will be decided by our best 5 against your best 5. And by whoever makes their shots.

Being as stupid as a MooU Wuffie is no way to go through life, son.

Neither is having your fanbase's heads stuffed firmly up your arses, son.

Your institution perpetrated the worst academic fraud in NCAA history, both in terms of magnitude and duration. What we got hammered for is relatively insignificant in comparison. Long term, you are so @#$#'d

Short term, while your team is terrific, we played you tough both times. We're sure not going to be intimidated having to play you. Bring. It. On.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to another exciting game between 2 teams from the the best conference in the country. The Carolina players seem like really good kids and they had nothing to do with the scandal so let's give that a rest.

Neither is having your fanbase's heads stuffed firmly up your arses, son.

Your institution perpetrated the worst academic fraud in NCAA history, both in terms of magnitude and duration. You are so @#$#'d

We whine and biotch whenever any one mentions our sanctions, but some of take great delight when it happens to others - UConn, Louisville, and soon UNC.

To me, there is no sense in getting riled up about this anyway since we don't even know what their sanctions will be. And it's not as the OP came on this board saying the crap we have been hearing from the sports media since the tournament selection show.

If UNC's sanctions are lighter than expected, I actually hope it may form the basis to getting JB's wins restored at some point in the future (after he's retired likely). If they get what is expected, then they will serve it out and suffer through it, just like we did.

Cheers,
Neil

We whine and biotch whenever any one mentions our sanctions, but some of take great delight when it happens to others - UConn, Louisville, and soon UNC.

To me, there is no sense in getting riled up about this anyway since we don't even know what their sanctions will be. And it's not as the OP came on this board saying the crap we have been hearing from the sports media since the tournament selection show.

If UNC's sanctions are lighter than expected, I actually hope it may form the basis to getting JB's wins restored at some point in the future (after he's retired likely). If they get what is expected, then they will serve it out and suffer through it, just like we did.

Cheers,
Neil

I guess I should have just meekly gone along with the tone of the OP's note, claiming that a UNC national championship is a fait accompli. Silly me for taking umbrage and expressing a more favorable opinion.

"Delight?" Hardly. Cheating has consequences. The NCAA set a new baseline with our sanctions. Seeing enforcement universally applied should be a minimum threshold expectation of NCAA governance.

I guess I should have just meekly gone along with the tone of the OP's note, claiming that a UNC national championship is a fait accompli. Silly me for taking umbrage and expressing a more favorable opinion.

"Delight?" Hardly. Cheating has consequences. The NCAA set a new baseline with our sanctions. Seeing enforcement universally applied should be a minimum threshold expectation of NCAA governance.

Listen, we are all upset with the amount of media outrage directed toward SU due to the recent sanctions. And yes, most of the media try to "hide" said outrage by claiming it is about us being "unworthy" due to our resume, but we know what is what for those who have vocally persisted in their stance through the Elite 8. And had the OP come on board and said UNC was going to win the title to ensure that SU didn't win because we are a dirty program, then all bets are off.

But that wasn't the case. The OP came on board stating he actually has enjoyed our run by us pi$$ing off so many, but then goes with typical legit smack talk that it's time his Tar Holes win another title. Probably concerned that if they don't win it this year, it may be a while before they get another shot at it. I have no problem with legit smack talk. I tend not to engage in it myself much, but I don't mind reading it. It makes no sense to me to throw stones at glass houses especially since no stones were being thrown at our own glass house.

Cheers,
Neil

Listen, we are all upset with the amount of media outrage directed toward SU due to the recent sanctions. And yes, most of the media try to "hide" said outrage by claiming it is about us being "unworthy" due to our resume, but we know what is what for those who have vocally persisted in their stance through the Elite 8. And had the OP come on board and said UNC was going to win the title to ensure that SU didn't win because we are a dirty program, then all bets are off.

But that wasn't the case. The OP came on board stating he actually has enjoyed our run by us pi$$ing off so many, but then goes with typical legit smack talk that it's time his Tar Holes win another title. Probably concerned that if they don't win it this year, it may be a while before they get another shot at it. I have no problem with legit smack talk. I tend not to engage in it myself much, but I don't mind reading it. It makes no sense to me to throw stones at glass houses especially since no stones were being thrown at our own glass house.

Cheers,
Neil

Thanks, board thought police. The difference that should be readily obvious to anyone paying attention, of course, is that we already paid our dues and faced the music.

When the university of Minnesota got caught in the mid-1990s, the head of the NCAA chastised them by pointedly observing that their academic violations were the worst example of academic fraud in NCAA history. The institutionalized malfeasance that took place at UNC makes that look minor in comparison.

It isn't throwing stones at a glass house pointing that out. If you don't feel comfortable acknowledging that--don't. But don't condescend to call out others who recognize the perspective in what we got hammered for versus the exponentially greater academic fraud they are guilty of harboring, and calling out that hypocrisy. It has nothing to do with what the media is saying about us.

When a shiz talking opponent comes over here talking smack, we're entitled to give it back free from the shackles of self-loathing squeamishness.

Last edited:
A UNC fan comes to the 'Cuse board for some good-natured trolling that ends up inciting an argument between 2 respected 'Cuse fans.

That's how it's done, folks.

Usually it's me defending the underdog, but I'm staying out of this...I feel drained. When I saw CorduroyG make the "You will lose" post, I was gearing up for a youtube clip, but OttoInGrotto beat me to it!

I actually found the OP mildly amusing, if anyone cares. It was short and sweet and not really mean, but we ended up there somehow. I mean don't we people still hanging out on the Boneyard? lol

When all your prior wins are vacated due to academic fraud, this will be your only one, if you win.

Carolina's men's basketball program wasn't implicated in any of the fraud and won't be touched by the NCAA.

That said, I'd love nothing more than to boot them out of the tournament on Saturday. Show the ACC blue bloods that they better pull another chair up to the table-we're here to stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom