Jacob Hill | Syracusefan.com

Jacob Hill

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Another Freshman RB who came off the bench and deserves his own thread. Only 5'6" with some quick moves. Lightly recruited yet gets some good PT in his first college game. I would imagine this kid has a ton of upside as he gets stronger. He showed things out there that you can't teach.

How can you not root for him?

A lot of "fans" didn't as they left the dome early. They missed a very nice 4th quarter. The backups played it very nice.

Scholarship? Absolutely. He may never be the #1 back but he could be a big part of an exciting offense the next 4 years. If he can catch the ball I can see him being part Darren Sproles and part Andrew Hawkins. Not sure why people say he can't play against an ACC defense? He's just as quick and its not like he overpowers people. Low center of gravity, balance and strong legs work against anyone. Lots of play makers ahead of him this season but he was fun to watch.

He is the quickest player we've had in a long time. I was blown away with that stop on a dime, 360 move. As the kid adds some weight and strength, he could absolutely be a force against ACC teams. Big dudes won't be able to get a full grip on him and he will bounce around like Mayweather.

I deserve to take my lumps here. I declared he wouldn't see the field. I still don't know if he will for the remainder of the season, being the type of game we were in last night.

The fact remains, I stated he wouldn't play in 2015 and he did. Good luck young man!

I deserve to take my lumps here. I declared he wouldn't see the field. I still don't know if he will for the remainder of the season, being the type of game we were in last night.

The fact remains, I stated he wouldn't play in 2015 and he did. Good luck young man!
He might he very effective in the kick return game. Fast, shifty and gets lost in a crowd!

SWFLCUSE said:
That spin move had me laughing like a mad man. You would think Lester was up in the box with a controller and just hit the B button or something, it was that good.

Lol. "B button". Thought the same thing. Would make a great nickname.

When we get McFarlane back and as the schedule progresses, I'd be surprised if we see him much more again at RB this season. I'm definitely in favor of having him as a kick returner. The kid's exciting to watch.

The spin moved worked great once and not so good the second time he tried it...spun right into a tackler.

The kid is shifty...he split a couple of potential tacklers at least twice by stopping on a dime, changing direction, and going right between them. A move I rarely see work in college or pro ball.

Part of it was probably the skill level of RI, but I love the way he runs.

He should be returning KO's starting next week.

Not sure he would "survive" the season returning kicks in the ACC, but man it would be fun to see what he could do on KOs the next few games.

As an aside, I think Hill rushed 17 times in the RI game, and the majority of those were inside zone runs. He must be one tough SOB, to go along with the freakish cutting ability. I have no doubt he will be on scholarship for 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom