Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised

I don't care what happened in practice, Morgan needs to be in the game from now on.

If Dino is into three dimensional chess moves when we can't do the absolute basic things on a football field, he's got to do a full reset.

We don't have the luxury of that type of strategy. At this point, we need to fix the culture and win some games. Get the guys out there. Losing is awful. Not putting your best team available out there is unacceptable.

So if we had a frosh named Joe Montana we shouldn't play him because he might get hurt? Or Lew Alcindor, or Gary Gait? Morgan has to play or ill read about the game after its over. Dino has lost me. The running up the gut on first and second (especially in the red zone) down is mind boggling. Walking out of the stadium after beating W Va. seems like it must have been dream. But the reality is this team is no better than the day Grob got fired. We stink that bad. In Dino we trust!!!!!

You've been listening to too much Nebraska and Tom Joad.

I don't care what happened in practice, Morgan needs to be in the game from now on.

If Dino is into three dimensional chess moves when we can't do the absolute basic things on a football field, he's got to do a full reset.

We don't have the luxury of that type of strategy. At this point, we need to fix the culture and win some games. Get the guys out there. Losing is awful. Not putting your best team available out there is unacceptable.

1604177698574.png

Two years ago, a heralded redshirt frosh led the Orange to wins against FSU and UNC, displayed arm talent the likes of which we have not before seen, and certainly showed the four star rating he received was befitting, and offers from the likes of Texas A&M were justified.

The next season, he was tackled by the paint on the field a half-dozen times.

Let's not over think the kid who was a late add, who we beat out Austin Peay and Jackson State for, just because he showed-well against Wake's third-stringers.

Having said that, I hope Morgan turns out the be great!

who did we beat out for Eric Dungey?

The issue is It’s very difficult to throw anything that requires time the line is run blocking better but we need more guys out on routes there are to many defenders out there Rex could have easily thrown 10 pics the last 2 weeks many were dropped . People say you can’t hold the ball well yuu can’t throw into coverage and that’s what happened today short throws won’t be there when game is on line . Tommy told me in summer culpepper was pretty good looks like he is good for him

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is It’s very difficult to throw anything that requires time the line is run blocking better but we need more guys out on routes there are to many defenders out there Rex could have easily thrown 10 pics the last 2 weeks many were dropped . People say you can’t hold the ball well yuu can’t throw into coverage and that’s what happened today short throws won’t be there when game is on line . Tommy told me in summer copper was pretty good looks like he is good for him
What does he say about the freshman QBs is the inside info I would love to hear. I respect Rex and I’m not going to pile on a college kid, but he needs to not play QB anymore.

Geezuz folks. I have heard good things about Morgan, but let’s be very honest here. Wake was basically playing a 4 deep zone with their second string during Morgan’s time out there.

Translation - the kid got an at bat with a pitcher throwing nothing but 85 mph fastballs with no movement.

I think he can be good, but right now he is very, very raw.

Dino doesn't want a QB controversy but he's got one. Everybody knows that Rex knows the whole offenses but everyone knows he can't play. Morgan has talent and we need to develop it. Doesn't matter if we have to simplify for him.

So he quits vs Pitt by not using his TOs but he is still playing for the win with his backup QB down 38-7 with 3 mins left in the 3rd Q? Brilliant.
Hard burn

How about being realistic. NFC championship game, at best.

Well, for a good period in the late 80s and 90s, that was technically the Super Bowl.

What does he say about the freshman QBs is the inside info I would love to hear. I respect Rex and I’m not going to pile on a college kid, but he needs to not play QB anymore.
He likes him said he understands

Give me a goddamn break, Dino. If Morgan isn't starting next week, he is a fool
Be careful what you say about Dino there's a lot of people on here that just love him. I got destroyed last week for making comments about dino.

Dino doesn't want a QB controversy but he's got one. Everybody knows that Rex knows the whole offenses but everyone knows he can't play. Morgan has talent and we need to develop it. Doesn't matter if we have to simplify for him.

And with all the flack Dino is getting and will get this week, he may think twice about giving him run again in this situation.

Geezuz folks. I have heard good things about Morgan, but let’s be very honest here. Wake was basically playing a 4 deep zone with their second string during Morgan’s time out there.

Translation - the kid got an at bat with a pitcher throwing nothing but 85 mph fastballs with no movement.

All true.

Also true - at the point in the game thread we were asking how much worse could one of the freshmen look out there, Rex threw a pick six and then another interception.

So...

I would imagine if he starts next week, it will be very rough on the eyes.

But it seems to be anyway.

Might as well give him all the practice reps and if you have to simplify the playbook, then so be it.

I mean I would temper expectations on Morgan too, most of those throws were 1st read plays against soft coverage. But he did make a great play on that scramble outside the pocket and found Benson for the TD later.
He's already smart enough to know to look for Benson, who could end up in the league. Big target, good hands, fast as heck, that's a QB's safety blanket.

There is clearly loads of truth here but Rex has struggled with basic easy stuff amidst his moments playing well. What is worse at this point when we are looking at the future opposed to the now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom