Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised

Dino doesn't want a QB controversy but he's got one. Everybody knows that Rex knows the whole offenses but everyone knows he can't play. Morgan has talent and we need to develop it. Doesn't matter if we have to simplify for him.
He doesn’t have one because his starting QB is not an ACC QB.

Dino doesn't want a QB controversy but he's got one. Everybody knows that Rex knows the whole offenses but everyone knows he can't play. Morgan has talent and we need to develop it. Doesn't matter if we have to simplify for him.

Could just play both of them. Like Paulus/Nassib in 2009. Paulus threw 285 passes, Nassib threw 68. Nassib played in 9 games. Should at least do something like that the rest of the way.

Could just play both of them. Like Paulus/Nassib in 2009. Paulus threw 285 passes, Nassib threw 68. Nassib played in 9 games. Should at least do something like that the rest of the way.
I don't get it you destroyed me last week for saying that the freshman QB should play. Now they should split time?

I don't get it you destroyed me last week for saying that the freshman QB should play. Now they should split time?

Huh? I literally posted the exact same thing (Paulus/Nassib type split) last week.

I “destroyed” you last week for being a guy who consistently complains about the coach 24/7 and for claiming you don’t post on the hoops board.

Huh? I literally posted the exact same thing (Paulus/Nassib type split) last week.

I “destroyed” you last week for being a guy who consistently complains about the coach 24/7 and for claiming you don’t post on the hoops board.
So you are really going to let everyone have it this post because they don't know anything. A lot of Dino bashing happening here

So you are really going to let everyone have it this post because they don't know anything. A lot of Dino bashing happening here

Again, I got annoyed at you because my impression is that’s all you post about. You consistently show up after losses ranting about the coach. Football and hoops.

Not sure why Dino cannot complement him. He did a good job. First time this year I saw a qb on this team roll out when pressured kept his poise and made a play.
Not sure what Dino issue is with qbs. Most other teams Morgan would be starting the rest of the way or at least getting a substantial number of reps with the ones.

Here is why Dino did not Morgan until the last series.

when you only teach the offense to a single QB, this quote makes sense.
After all, when has Syracuse had issues with keeping QB’s healthy?

I guess for some nutty reason Dino thinks saying positive things about young Mr. Morgan is somehow: 1) a slight against Rex the senior, or 2) it tips his hand in some way to BC, or 3) that it ushers in some form of depth chart controversy.

Unfortunately, when you are 1-6, almost everything about personnel is controversial. And by the way, nobody is afraid of anyone we put behind center this season.

Now that a winning season is off the table...

Babers’ reasoning for riding with fifth-year senior Rex Culpepper for as long as he did essentially amounts to this: His knowledge and experience can unlock more of the offense than whatever pared-down version the staff would give to Morgan over the final month of the season.

But there was something else keeping Babers from making a switch sooner: Loyalty to the upperclassmen who have stuck through a difficult year that has gone as bad as anyone could have imagined.

“I’m always going to try to play for a winning season,” Babers said. “The best way to have a winning season is to have as many upperclassmen as you can because those guys care more about winning than anyone else. No one wants to go out on a bad note.”

Babers’ reasoning for riding with fifth-year senior Rex Culpepper for as long as he did essentially amounts to this: His knowledge and experience can unlock more of the offense than whatever pared-down version the staff would give to Morgan over the final month of the season.

But there was something else keeping Babers from making a switch sooner: Loyalty to the upperclassmen who have stuck through a difficult year that has gone as bad as anyone could have imagined.

“I’m always going to try to play for a winning season,” Babers said. “The best way to have a winning season is to have as many upperclassmen as you can because those guys care more about winning than anyone else. No one wants to go out on a bad note.”
It’s time to look to the future and generate some excitement within the fan base for the 2021 season.

Rex is a fantastic story beating cancer but this program is the laughing stock of college football right now. Something needs to change ASAP and giving the true freshman QB’s some valuable game time experience is what’s best for the program now.

More strange and strained logic If the upperclassmen are less talented than the underclassmen it really doesn't matter how much they want it. And, they are already playing mostly underclassmen at this point. Hard to listen to this.

Last edited:
Geezuz folks. I have heard good things about Morgan, but let’s be very honest here. Wake was basically playing a 4 deep zone with their second string during Morgan’s time out there.

Translation - the kid got an at bat with a pitcher throwing nothing but 85 mph fastballs with no movement.

I think he can be good, but right now he is very, very raw.

For me anyway, it has nothing to do with how good or raw he is right now. It has to do with the fact that any reps he gets right now are free. There’s no 4 game limit for a redshirt...nothing counts against his eligibility. I really think people, including our coaching staff, are discounting the value that has.

He’s limited, I get that. But there’s no better place to learn than on the field. Rex most likely won’t be here next year. We can’t make a bowl. If you’re going to be varying degrees of terrible with a true freshman or 5th year senior, you go with the freshman. Maybe not full time, but let him get some experience this year against ACC starters. It will prove so valuable down the road. Not doing so just ensures we stay in the boat we’re in now. Which is sinking.

We should be doing that almost every year

I never understood why teams dont

Not much to defend Dino on here.

Couldn’t even just praise Rex leadership and not slam Morgan.

BC beat us so badly last year I know the team will play well in general. It’s criminal if Dino starts Rex next week. Cause this is the one game left on the schedule we can expect to see the D we saw against Pitt/UNC.

when you only teach the offense to a single QB, this quote makes sense.
After all, when has Syracuse had issues with keeping QB’s healthy?
[/
The issue is It’s very difficult to throw anything that requires time the line is run blocking better but we need more guys out on routes there are to many defenders out there Rex could have easily thrown 10 pics the last 2 weeks many were dropped . People say you can’t hold the ball well yuu can’t throw into coverage and that’s what happened today short throws won’t be there when game is on line . Tommy told me in summer culpepper was pretty good looks like he is good for him
lutz looked pretty good not Rex My type O

If Morgan has limited knowledge of the offense and you are a decent coach you modify your offense so that your young QB can gain some game experience and develop through that process!
I thought the offense was fairly simple in terms of plays. The receivers have some route choices based on coverage. QB just has to see the same coverage and anticipate that the WR is seeing the same thing.

I agree with coach Babers that Rex was the guy to start and judge from there. Well the “there ” arrived and it is time to move on, probably Morgan. He has given other freshman try and he should do it with the quarterback position. I promise to make NO negative comments on that decision no matter the outcome.

All I know is that after Culpepper's first INT, he didn't even try to tackle the guy and prevent the pick 6. Didn't take a step in his direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom