Jake Pickard | Syracusefan.com

Jake Pickard

Uh, do we have a new team physician?

tenor.gif

Does anyone know what was the latest injury he was out with?

In his defense, he looked like he was in good shape when he tweeted that he wasn’t done playing football along with a pic of him after working out. I hope he surprises all of us.

He was quite a recruiting coup when he signed here. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season! I don't think he ever grew into a DT but maybe he can help with depth there.

Good for Jake Pickard. I hope he is able to earn some playing time and remain injury free for the rest of his Syracuse University Football career. Pickard is always very engaged during the game and is one of the biggest cheerleaders on the sideline. Would really love to see this young man earn some quality snaps this year and get to enjoy the game he loves on the field instead of the sideline. Good luck Jake Pickard, Go Orange!!!!!

You have no idea what you’re talking about and this uninformed and prolonged bitterness is not funny.
So wait, there haven't been any DQ'd football players that left Syracuse and continued their football careers at another institution? Well, since no player ever DQ'd by SU was able to play organized football again, I guess I'm wrong in thinking that SU rubber stamps disqualifications on zero liability tolerance...

So wait, there haven't been any DQ'd football players that left Syracuse and continued their football careers at another institution? Well, since no player ever DQ'd by SU was able to play organized football again, I guess I'm wrong in thinking that SU rubber stamps disqualifications on zero liability tolerance...
I can't speak to why players were allowed to play elsewhere. What I do know is that a licensed medical professional has final say and that your opinion is based on reading this message board and somehow taking it personally when a player is disqualified.

this is breathtakingly ignorant on so many fronts.

Yes, you are wrong in thinking SU rubber stamps disqualifications on zero liability tolerance.

this is breathtakingly ignorant on so many fronts.

Yes, you are wrong in thinking SU rubber stamps disqualifications on zero liability tolerance.
You need to learn the history of this argument before posting.

There are several much more informed posts by parents, kids and more importantly medical professionals opinions that disagree with Dr Tuckers findings. Who by the way overrules opinions by international experts in their fields.

You have no idea what you’re talking about and this uninformed and prolonged bitterness is not funny.
This is when the mods say hit ignore. I get what you are saying but this is a message board where people share opinions. People belabor, beat the proverbial dead horse and inaccurately state a number of things. Some do it for kicks and to get a rise out of folks, others do it for other reasons, sometimes they just don’t have the info or are not as informed. Unless you personally know the dr, was in the office with the players and their families and have specifically spoken with Syracuse head council then you truly don't know as well on this matter. If the doctor is a friend of yours then that is cool and defend him in that light. I think some educated guesses can be made but remember that your truth isn't necessarily another person's truth.

Last edited:
You need to learn the history of this argument before posting.

There are several much more informed posts by parents, kids and more importantly medical professionals opinions that disagree with Dr Tuckers findings. Who by the way overrules opinions by international experts in their fields.

Not one doctor who’s examined a kid has ever posted here.

Anyway, good for Jake.

I can't speak to why players were allowed to play elsewhere. What I do know is that a licensed medical professional has final say and that your opinion is based on reading this message board and somehow taking it personally when a player is disqualified.

It's not his specialty.
You must know the guy, or have some involvement here.

Lawyers have specialties, just like doctors do.

I would never put myself in position to have "the final say" on something outside of my area of expertise, let alone get paid (presumably pretty well ) for doing so.

I wouldn't dabble in something that is not what I ordinarily do.

I don’t know much but ultimately doesn’t Dr tucker have to make the final call on whether they can play? Would everyone be up in arms if an expert said a kid could play and ended up getting hurt worse down the line?

There are varying opinions, right and wrong on the Doc.

I think the story here, is that a good kid, that suffered too many injuries is finally healthy to play.

This is the what he retweeted immediately before the "cleared".. Easy to say it means the world to him, and it wasn't easy. (I'm not trying to be religious. I'm trying to talk about Jake Pickard)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom