Jalen transferring? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen transferring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodine is going to be real good for us. Might not see the court a ton next year but hes not coming in to the season with huge hype and expecting starter minutes like Carey was. We will be fine if Carey transfers but it sucks we wont get to see a kid develop into a good college player. So much emphasis on making it to the league as fast as possible for a lot of these kids. I've always been a big Howard Washington fan and love his skillset as a pure PG. Could end up with a nice role as a upperclassman for us.

I feel like if you went back in time one year, you would see posts that said "we'll be OK if Geno Thorpe transfers, because we have Jalen Carey coming in." Or "we'll be OK if Ennis leaves early, because we have this kid Kaleb Joseph coming in."

I know many will disagree, but I honestly believe that Carey is just one good game from "clicking" similar to how Dion Waiters was mediocre much of his freshman year then seemed to turn it on later in the season. He just needs a little more slack work with.

Geno Thorpe...I almost forgot about that dude.

Not true. JB hasn't connected with the players for a long time. Hop was the glue. The program isnt solid at this point. Fact.
That has nothing to do with my post. Nothing. Try and stay on point

It's all relative. When you go down the list and get to 40-60 you'll see a lot of guys that have flaws and are very unlikely to be playing in the NBA. Plus he's a few credits away from graduating so what is another year in college going to do for him?
Well he has no future in the NBA so I guess that’s up to him to get an agent and score a deal in one of the many basketball leagues in the world. Maybe he can go play for Rick Pitino, or come back and get a advanced degree.

That's fine if you're Duke and can recruit 5 A-As to replace them or some sh$t team where it makes little difference if they stick around or not. We're neither. Recruiting misses and development misses matter. They hurt the program. The fate of the program doesn't belong to transient players. It ultimately belongs to the coaches. Are you happy with another year on the bubble or worse?
No one is arguing that kids transferring doesn't hurt the program, especially when you don't have the depth to back fill with more talented players. However you made it sound like Syracuse was the only team that had issues with kids leaving. 704 kids transferring in one season shows that it's an epidemic. That's what kids do nowadays, whether they play for Syracuse or 300 other D-1 teams.

No one is arguing that kids transferring doesn't hurt the program, especially when you don't have the depth to back fill with more talented players. However you made it sound like Syracuse was the only team that had issues with kids leaving. 704 kids transferring in one season shows that it's an epidemic. That's what kids do nowadays, whether they play for Syracuse or 300 other D-1 teams.

I'm just making the point that people blaming the kids on here is stupid. It's the coach's responsibility to build and maintain a healthy roster. One guy is making millions to do that. The player is just trying to make millions.

Well he has no future in the NBA so I guess that’s up to him to get an agent and score a deal in one of the many basketball leagues in the world. Maybe he can go play for Rick Pitino, or come back and get a advanced degree.

What does he have to lose by taking a shot at playing in the NBA? I really don't get your point here.

Jalen is just lost out there he’s playing with no confidence and it shows big time. He doesn’t belong out there now. The quick hook he gets is justified. He hasn’t earned minutes based on his in game play.
Some "fans" feel he deserves a participation trophy
1549765245201.png

He was told he had the keys this year, then Tyus came back, totally understand and was u derstood not getting the keys, he was told he would still get minutes, he has every right to be pissed and he has continued to play well at practice, and now his confidence is shot, real shame for the kid and why should he believe he’s getting pt next year? Makes 1 mistake and Jg takes his spot

I don’t care if he’s the second coming of Wilt and scores 100 every practice. He’s a disaster every time he takes the floor in a game. If he was given the keys to the team this year and Tyus didn’t come back we’d be a 10 win team. If he thinks he’s the second coming and bails, so be it. I don’t think he’s our starting PG next year anyway. It would be nice if he stayed and tried but whatever.

What does he have to lose by taking a shot at playing in the NBA? I really don't get your point here.
He tried last year and didn’t get enough of a commitment so he came back. He still the same player. He has no shot at the nba. If he wants to leave then god bless him. But his future as a professional basketball player isn’t in the nba.

He tried last year and didn’t get enough of a commitment so he came back. He still the same player. He has no shot at the nba. If he wants to leave then god bless him. But his future as a professional basketball player isn’t in the nba.

My neighbor is an NBA GM. You aren’t totally right here. This class versus last years is different. And he’s a year (or Summer) smarter.

He has more of a chance than you are saying.

Damn you're rather obtuse. What does he have to lose by trying and what does have to gain by staying another year?

Damn you're rather obtuse. What does he have to lose by trying and what does have to gain by staying another year.
Likewise you don’t see my point so you have to make a personal attack. That’s what weak minded people do like yourself. You have all the answers. God bless you buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom