Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

It seems like there have been several posters that have been talking about Silent G leaving. What is the chance of this happening? I would think that he would come back as long as we don't get another year. Any of the insiders know what the chance is of this happening? We could have a sick team if everyone is healthy and they all come back.

there were rumblings that people close to G have been told he might not want to come back... prefer to take is degree and go Pro (here or abroad).
i dont think this is out of the question. 70/30 maybe? (stays = 70)

there were rumblings that people close to G have been told he might not want to come back... prefer to take is degree and go Pro (here or abroad).

Thanks, that sucks, hopefully the 70% will win out and he will return to make himself more marketable for the NBA and of course, to make it easier for us to make it to the promise land.

Oh, was that info. coming out of G's own circle? Thought it was just board speculation. Would suck if that's really where his head's at. Having him on next year's team would be huge.

Oh, was that info. coming out of G's own circle? Thought it was just board speculation. Would suck if that's really where his head's at. Having him on next year's team would be huge.

It is speculation. But it seems to have legs. I have to imagine though that Jim will beg him to come back. Dude really is going to be our best player by a mile next year.

Francis03 said:
YouTube Video Murray doing Murray things.

Given how the season has played out and doubts at the point next year, any shot we would be in the mix for Murray if we have departures? Are any of the coaches still talking to him or is Cuse completely off the radar?

Given how the season has played out and doubts at the point next year, any shot we would be in the mix for Murray if we have departures? Are any of the coaches still talking to him or is Cuse completely off the radar?
It was nice to dream about Murray and SU for a bit.:(

tumblr_inline_naxyoazDhF1suomve.gif

Battle has to be the priority, Murray is a great fall back option. IMO
I'm all on board with that. But, Murray would keep the Canadian pipeline going and I feel he's just as good as battle. If anything this could put the pressure on Battle. Should be interesting to see the next few weeks play out. The Canadian National team loves this guy.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see how Murray is somehow both blowing up, and staying a little under the radar. I guess that's what happens with Canadian recruits. What I mean by that is, not many people seem to be talking about him, but as recently as like a month or two ago, guys like Zagoria were tweeting about how NBA scouts think he's a lottery pick whenever he comes out.

Offer both and tell them given our scholarship situation the first to sign LOI gets it! So verbal ASAP> So they both verbal, then what? If battle says I'm coming and doesn't then what? Murray probably would then have verballed somewhere else. we cant take both! This scholarshiop crap puts us in a unique crap position.

Halfmooncuse said:
Offer both and tell them given our scholarship situation the first to sign LOI gets it! So verbal ASAP> So they both verbal, then what? If battle says I'm coming and doesn't then what? Murray probably would then have verballed somewhere else. we cant take both! This scholarshiop crap puts us in a unique crap position.
The odds of both of them verballing is the same as JB coaching another ten years.

Doing that you run the risk of scaring BOTH of them away.

SU will stay the original course. All in on Battle, and if that doesn't work out, go all in on Murray. Never the twain shall meet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom