Jason Beck | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck

Because Nunzio said it was Beck who implemented the new offense after the Wake Forest game.
Dino became Paranoid about everything the last few years.
Im sure Beck imlemented. He's the OC but it doesnt mean Dino didnt make the final say or suggested certain plays.

Well I guess that means he's a goner and unfortunately so is she.
He likely will end up moving on, but this doesn't have to mean that. It is possibly just reflexing that the HC was fired and he might have to go elsewhere. Would love to keep him here.

No disrespect Money, but that is called meddling. I was told by a former DC here that Dino is involved in everything. Especially the offense.
I brought this up as well in another post. How was it that DV wasn't allowed to only throw a short pass against GTech but last Saturday he through downfield with success and even a TD if I recall.

I brought this up as well in another post. How was it that DV wasn't allowed to only throw a short pass against GTech but last Saturday he through downfield with success and even a TD if I recall.
No Dino, nice person but not a good game day coach. His entire time here on game days he made bad decisions
Having Dungey changing plays his Senior year brought him the last 5 years.

No disrespect Money, but that is called meddling. I was told by a former DC here that Dino is involved in everything. Especially the offense.
All head coaches do in some way or another. I’m just trying to figure out how people are determining when it’s has a good or bad impact on the team.

All head coaches do in some way or another. I’m just trying to figure out how people are determining when it’s has a good or bad impact on the team.
For me it goes all the way back to Lynch. Dino screened every call he made. By the middle of last season you could see how Anae was openly annoyed with Dino.
It's pretty obvious that Dino has an exceptionally high opinion of his offensive chops. Way too many comments like "we're playing 4 dimensional chess while they're playing checkers" and he never gave credit to his coaches for new ideas...like the new offense that was implemented. Coach Camp stated that was Jason...and he loves coaching with that guy.

Only a person with genius have put together that offense on the fly during the season. It produced huge results and was not even 1/10th developed. It would have given Syracuse a real identity.
It would behoove Fran Brown to watch his own behind and keep one of the brightest minds in college football at Syracuse. Fran should know talent when he sees what Jason has done this year with most of our O talent in the infirmary and especially the last two games of the season.

For me it goes all the way back to Lynch. Dino screened every call he made. By the middle of last season you could see how Anae was openly annoyed with Dino.
It's pretty obvious that Dino has an exceptionally high opinion of his offensive chops. Way too many comments like "we're playing 4 dimensional chess while they're playing checkers" and he never gave credit to his coaches for new ideas...like the new offense that was implemented. Coach Camp stated that was Jason...and he loves coaching with that guy.
Anae is having a pretty good year under Doern, even though Brennan Armstrong hasn't been all that.

Shrader's coaches did a very good job

It's a little silly that Babers is gone because he didn't recruit QB well enough during and after devito but at the same time I sit here giving him anae and next credit for getting what they could out of they guy they started

I get it and that’s cool. All you got is your perspective from where you view the program. It’s a moot point now that he’s fired but let’s just say Dino did some good things and some bad. Some would be surprised on what the good was. And I don’t blame you for using the comments as is because that’s all you have to go by.

Last edited:
I get it and that’s cool. All you got is your perspective from where you view the program. It’s a moot point now that he’s fired but let’s just say Dino did some good things and some bad. Some would be surprised on what the good was. And I don’t blame you for using the comments as is because that’s all you have to go by.
He had a .250 winning percentage in conference.

Unless he cured polio in the off season, he was a bum

He had a .250 winning percentage in conference.

Unless he cured polio in the off season, he was a bum
That wasn’t a Dino shouldnt have gotten fired comment. I thought he should have been fired two years ago and struggled watching them end the 2022 season like that. Nothing wrong with having football dialogue without emotional fandom.

That wasn’t a Dino shouldnt have gotten fired comment. I thought he should have been fired two years ago and struggled watching them end the 2022 season like that. Nothing wrong with having football dialogue without emotional fandom.

Money I normally agree with almost all of your takes…

It was clear that Dino was interfering with the game plans as we cycled through OCs but every single OC ran the same plays, had the same execution etc.

The final game we did things Dino told us all season we couldn’t do because we didn’t have the depth, or the players etc

I hate to say it, but it does look like that Dino caused more harm than good on the offense….

I do understand that a HC is going to over see everything but it was clear that Dino needed to let go of the reigns a bit and let the OCs do their job

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom