Jason Candle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Candle

Checked his roster. It's about 85 percent Ohio and Michigan kids. He dipped down south for some. Only ONE kid from east of Ohio. Not even one kid from Pennsylvania.

Checked his roster. It's about 85 percent Ohio and Michigan kids. He dipped down south for some. Only ONE kid from east of Ohio. Not even one kid from Pennsylvania.
Let’s get a pipeline going. It’s not like what we’re doing now is great. Can always bring in guys for certain areas (like retaining Nunzio for NJ).

I say hire him along with Indiana OC Walt Bell and former ND QB Ian Book and then we'd have Bell, Book and Candle.
hank azaria GIF

Candle has a rep as a very good offensive mind. He calls plays for Toledo, was offered the Miami OC job last year and turned it down. Allegedly has shown the ability to mold his offense and successfully switch philosophies to personnel. Haven't watched any Toledo but he seems like an intriguing dark horse
Toledo is ranked 73rd in P/YPG

Marlowe currently leads the team in NIL, and it's not even close.
Does he get a $100 bill for every late hit he commits?

Since some folks are selling Chesney with his HC QB as a potential package deal, I'd say consider Candle with his 3 year starter QB who is leading the MAC in every passing statistic and is a dual threat guy. 3 years of playing and winning against D1 teams vs FCS guy who'd have to level up to P5 competition. Just a thought

That's a nice cherry-picked stat they are top 30-ish by basically every other metric
we play in a dome in the north east. I have been watching Syracuse football since the mid 90's. We have been stuck in mediocrity since. I just want an offense that passes for an avg of more than 300 yards per game. It hasnt worked the other way.

we play in a dome in the north east. I have been watching Syracuse football since the mid 90's. We have been stuck in mediocrity since. I just want an offense that passes for an avg of more than 300 yards per game. It hasnt worked the other way.
I don't know enough about Candle to assure you of anything but the consensus seems to be that the guy certainly knows offense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom